New 'Man of Steel' Trailer!

Director Zack Snyder shows us Clark Kent's legendary journey to becoming a hero in the latest footage from this superhero adventure.
The epic journey of Kal-El/Clark Kent (Henry Cavill) is given new perspective in the latest trailer for Man of Steel. Sent to Earth by his father, Jor-El (Russell Crowe), Clark learns of his extraordinary powers at a young age, embarking on a quest to discover where he came from. Watch as a hero is born in director Zack Snyder's epic superhero adventure, in theaters June 14.

Man of Steel was released June 14th, 2013 and stars Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Michael Shannon, Diane Lane, Russell Crowe, Antje Traue, Harry Lennix, Richard Schiff. The film is directed by Zack Snyder.

Sources: Warner Bros.

1. Sean

The official website for Man of Steel has this new long movie trailer, and its in much better clearer quality on there, then the video of it above.

12 months agoby @themoviefanaticFlag

2. Jeanlopez25

hahahahaha

12 months agoby @jeanlopez25Flag

3. CoreyB

@ghostman Watch your mouth kid.

12 months agoby @CoreyBFlag

4. CoreyB

@redcameraman Buddy go back and read my comments...Or don't involve urself at all. I wasnt attacking anyones opinions. I'm sick of people saying sh*t like I know this and I know it'll be better than that when the flick hasnt even came out yet. What I cant have an "opinion" that I believe people who are quick to make stupid statements or "facts" are aggravating...? And another thing mind your own business.

12 months agoby @CoreyBFlag

5. Jeanlopez25

Red Camera Man
    Why you say that TAS was a disappointment, if the previous sam raimi was not as good, webb is doing a good job of bringing the super heroes regenerate the fantastic realism and I support that much?

12 months agoby @jeanlopez25Flag

6. T. King (Red Camera Man)

@ghostman: I liked "Superman Returns," and I thought Brandon Routh was just as great as Christopher Reeve in my opinion, and Kevin Spacey was an outstanding Lex Luthor; Bryan Singer made that film just as close to the 1978 original as possible (I'm also a big fan of his work in general), but from what I've seen so far in these trailers, it does look like Henry Cavill will be another great choice, but I'm still crossing my fingers hoping that "Man Of Steel" will be a great reboot overall (after my slight disappointment with "The Amazing Spider-Man"). We both won't find out until mid-June this summer though.

@CoreyB: I liked "Superman Returns" as well, but I agree with @ghostman; don't attack other people's opinions severely.

12 months agoby @redcameramanFlag

7. Brizzy

@arthurg09 9 times out of 10?
    F*ck dude, Im not even going to argue over how ridiculous that sounded.

12 months agoby @BrizzyFlag

8. justinishulk

@gumperman Thanks... That is long enough for me, can't wait!

12 months agoby @justinishulkFlag

9. gumperman

@justinishulk it's 2 hours and 28 minutes in length!

12 months agoby @gumpermanFlag

10. gumperman

@WalterWhite Ah, I see.

12 months agoby @gumpermanFlag

11. Ghostman

@CoreyB Stop being an obnoxious douche. I have not seen the movie. I was only making a statement and my opinion of the film based on what I saw from the trailers.

1 year agoby @ghostmanFlag

12. bipolarmassive

Clues from the new Man Of Steel trailer:

Is that a big mothership spacecraft buried in the ice in the Arctic? Why yes it is. This is revealed as being the Fortress of Solitude. There's going to be no big crystal fortress in this movie.

Instead of building his own Fortress, Clark Kent steps into the existing home market - and emerges as Superman. The residents of Krypton are an advanced race, keep in mind. Their knowledge and exploration of the cosmos far surpasses our own, and when Jor-El launches his son to Earth, our planet isn't unknown to them. It is a massive craft left behind by a previous group of Kryptonian pioneers.

General Zod looking over Metropolis from inside his command ship - the Black Zero. In this movie the villain is dispatched aboard a prison ship instead of being sent to the phantom zone. Zod retrofits the prison ship and comes to attack earth in it.

In the beginning of the trailer, we see Jor-El watching a war waging on Krypton. We also see someone riding off into the distance aboard what looks like a big winged creature. That is Jor-El, and the creature is his ride.

When he needs to get somewhere in a hurry, Jor-El hops aboard this creature, which Deborah Snyder said was named "Herocka." "It has insect wings, but has kind of a rodent-ish face," she says. "At first he was a little mean, but we made him look more sympathetic." - G.Tyrant

1 year agoby @addictionnonfatelFlag

13. CoreyB

@ghostman "Cavill is miles better than Routh was." is not an opinion, but a statement. I'm not attacking anyone's opinion. I just didnt know you got to see the flick 2 months in advance. And Superman Returns was pretty good imo. And who is us? You can have your opinions, just dont jinx the damn thing we know nothing of how this will turn out.

1 year agoby @CoreyBFlag

14. arthurg09

@youngrizo thank you. :) don't get me wrong I hope man of steel is a great movie and I hope down the line it becomes a great man of steel trilogy. I have the blue ray trilogy of the dark knight and I have the phase one box set of avergers assembled. And it would bee cool to add a man of steel blue ray trilogy to the line-up. I'm just not going to bet the farm on a man of steel franchise just yet when it hasent come out and proved it can stand in the same room with marvels cinematic universe and the dark knight trilogy.

1 year agoby @arthurg09Flag

15. Youngrizo

@arthurg09 well said.

1 year agoby @youngrizoFlag

16. Ghostman

@CoreyB Superman Returns was also pretty boring too.

Also, I'd like to point out the statement I made in which you sarcastically responded back was my own opinion of what I think about this film based off the trailers from what I've actually seen so far. So, please, do us all a favor, and stop attacking other people's opinions.

1 year agoby @ghostmanFlag

17. arthurg09

Plus 9 times out of 10 a movie will flop because people put so much hype into a movie they haven't seen yet based on what they seen in trailers.

1 year agoby @arthurg09Flag

18. arthurg09

I'm still not all that into this remake. Could it be a great movie? yea. Could it also "flop"? Yea. You can't declare a movie is going to be the best or the biggest movie of all time or even say its going to be better the marvels the avengers. Just from watching a few trailers that's why it's a tralier to get you to want to see the movie. I love the story of superman but even I have to say the best superman story I seen so far is smallville. And I stress the words SO FAR. because we know there are going to be many more superman story's coming down the road. But what I can't stand is a lot of the comments saying man of steel is going to make people forget about marvels phase 2 and up and coming phase 3. NEWS FLASH DC IS TRYING TO DO WHAT MARVEL HAS ALREADY DONE. marvel just got there first. So to who ever said that you can't forget about marvels phase 1,2 or 3 because DC is trying to do it. If anything DC will just be a copycat.

1 year agoby @arthurg09Flag

19. CoreyB

@ghostman How do you know? Have you seen the movie? How was Cavill? O wait you havent seen anything yet.

1 year agoby @CoreyBFlag

20. CoreyB

Allright lets be serious here...Superman Returns was a good movie! I'm sick of fanboys who jumped on this invisible train and all of a sudden started beating this flick to the ground. If you go back and look it was critically a success and at the time easily the 3rd best Superman ever made...second in some opinions. It made some money , but people right away call it a flop...It wasnt a flop. It had a pretty good story w/good acting, but people were upset due to lack of non-stop action... Yes this one looks really good, but dont knock Returns...It was pretty good.

1 year agoby @CoreyBFlag

21. Superman81

@bawnian-dexeus thats going a little to far. Nothing is worse than an Uwe Boll movie

1 year agoby @superman81Flag

@superman81 A Uwe Boll movie is better than Superman 3-4

1 year agoby @bawnian-dexeusFlag

23. Superman81

@ghostman I agree, I feel that from what I have seen that Cavill is Superman. No one can ever take away what Reeve did and he will always be remembered for being Superman but Cavill has the look, feel, and chops. I can tell by the trailer this movie is better than Superman Returns, I can also tell its better than Superman 3 and 4. Superman is a classic but other than what Reeve did there isnt much to compare to, so its not hard saying this will be the best Superman movie.

1 year agoby @superman81Flag

24. Julian Roman

Love this trailer, and it has raised my expectations into the stratosphere, but let's not brand it as the greatest superman flick ever until we see the movie. My deep worry over Snyder is abated by Nolan's involvement. We'll see in two months...

1 year agoby @julianromanFlag

25. Youngrizo

@stefanos I'd say you should see them, but honestly they are not very good, they were build more like the action packed silly funny summer movies that are meant to sell toys... maybe the Original Batman is worth watching but the Original Superman doesn't stand up to scrutiny, and is only good for it's basic principle, which you can get from the far better cartoons that DC puts out.

If there is one thing DC does right, it's their cartoons. I highly recommend Batman: Under The Red Hood, Batman: Year one, Superman vs The Elites, Justice League: Doom... and even though they cancelled it Young Justice was shaping up to be something really awesome.

1 year agoby @youngrizoFlag

26. Youngrizo

@phatalphd the marvel films do tackle real world issues, they just don't put it in a form that forces it on the viewer, for instance the Dark Knight trilogy is a very loud and focused franchise, that is very preachy, it wears it's heart on it's sleeve, so instead of you choosing to see beneath the depths, it shows you what it's trying to say every step of the way. It's poetic to a fault IMO, I love and hate that about it, every bit of dialogue, every monologue, lines like "You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain" were carefully plotted. Gordon's words at the end of 'The Dark Knight', it's all so in your face...

But Iron Man 1, has Tony Stark, a guy who spends his whole life on selfish ambition, and then surviving extreme experiences and the death of the person who basically saves his life, the things he learns, he becomes a brand new person, but it's not written in a way that you are forced to understand the lesson. There is one line he utters "I shouldn't be alive, unless it were for a reason", and it shows you how he is starting to believe in a greater/higher calling. Though my favorite line in that movie is when he says to Pepper "You stood by my side all these years while I reaped the benefits of destruction. Now that I'm trying to protect the people I've put in harm's way, you're going to walk out?"

How many people do you think don't connect with that feeling? when people walk out of your life because you are choosing to do what's right instead of what's easy... yet these themes are not forced down upon you, you are not spoonfed the lessons.

Thor has an entire world almost destroyed due to the emotions raging inside a boy who felt overshadowed by his 'brother'. Learning he was adopted, learning he was lied to, made Loki feel even more motivated to rise against everything he knew, he wanted so badly to impress Odin, he was willing to have his brother banished, and destroy the very race he belonged to... these are heavy themes, yet again, they are not spoonfed to you in a manner that preaches the lessons.

Thor having to learn to be humble, being blinded to the truth by his arrogance... ...do you remember in Casino Royale, when M says to Bond "This may be too much for a blunt instrument to understand, but arrogance and self awareness seldom go hand in hand" that is basically the entire theme of Thor... that is a great and necessary lesson

Watch Iron Man 2 and completely miss the struggle of Tony, to come to terms with his own mortality, Whiplash/Ivan on the other hand was led down a path of crime, and hardship due to the lies his own father fed him, that he wholeheartedly believed cause it was his father who told him... it's a lesson in how 2 very similarly brilliant characters can grow to opposite ends simply due to how they are raised, and where they grow up...

The hulk movies offer up some of the ultimate questions, what would you do if you possessed something so crazy it endangered all you were around, but yet was also the only reason you were able to do great things? would you seek to control it? would you hide? would you let it control you? would you seek to end yourself? would you give up love? this is also a prime element of the Dark Knight Trilogy, yet it is not spoonfed to you... so many miss it.

In conclusion, Marvel has made good and bad decisions in the movie department, DC has it's own crazy history and has only recently found true success. Nolan did great work, butit doesn't immediately demean the Marvel films, learn to look beneath the surface yourselves.

It does not make you a smarter film goer to grasp what you're being spoonfed and doesn't make Marvel movies and marvel movie fans somehow dumber or anything less than DC movies and DC fans simply because you fail to see the underlying work... the great writing...

Enjoy all the movies, but look beneath the surface, writers are not as cut and dry as Hollywood would have you believe.

1 year agoby @youngrizoFlag

27. Stefanos

@youngrizo I did not saw other batmans expect the last trilogy(christopher nolan)...DC had more realistic stories,that make you ask you are self,when you see a DC movie,is it so real,almost believe that exist...That is the point of one movie,make you believe,but the same time,to teach you something about life...Marvel is more colorful,more dream stories...But I like both versions.!

1 year agoby @stefanosFlag

@dan1 Spoil it for everyone, lol!!! I'm kidding, but DC has already basically done so anyways by allowing it into EW

1 year agoby @ejk1Flag

29. Youngrizo

@stefanos you did see the Batman movies that came before Batman Begins right? and the Superman movies.... aaand Green Lantern.... lol

I'm just sayin... why do people act like those movies don't exist when they talk about how much 'better' they think DC is than marvel in story and all...

Not to defend marvel, but just saying, it's all a money game, mate.

1 year agoby @youngrizoFlag

30. Stefanos

@Brizzy OMG in one another article in percy jackson,I thought that you are totally idiot,because you like it...it is rubbish,no good cgi no good actors,no good story at all...But here OMG I totaly agree with you..now I like you...! Really the same ideas with me..
    ''This is it. Character developement. Emotions. Feelings. Art. Action. Love. This is the beginning to a franchise that will undoubtedly make The Avengers seem like a Disney princess movie. Marvel has always been "popcorn and boom boom."
    That's not the case with any of the DC movies, they are deep and give a sence of satisfaction AFTER leaving the theatre, not only while being in it. It lasts.'' oh yea..! :)

1 year agoby @stefanosFlag