New 'Friday the 13th Part 2 in 3D' Details

Producer Brad Fuller also talks about future film projects for Platinum Dunes.
Producer Brad Fuller Talks Friday the 13th Sequel
Producer Brad Fuller Talks Friday the 13th Sequel
Last week we reported that Platinum Dunes producer Brad Fuller tweeted the news that Friday the 13th Part 2 in 3D was "dead" and today he elaborated on the sequel's demise in more than 140 characters. Bloody-Disgusting recently spoke with Fuller who talked more about why the sequel isn't happening.

"Right now it's not happening," Fuller told Bloody Disgusting. "Nothing's happening on it...[but] for a movie like that, the door is always open. Obviously we'd really love to go back to Crystal Lake, and we've been very lucky on our last two films working with Jackie Earle Haley and Derek Mears [the new Jason Voorhees]. And being able to go back-to-back between those guys, and then to go back to Derek, I would love that."

He continues, "You know, it doesn't feel to me like - and this isn't specific to any studio - it doesn't feel to me like the studios are making horror movies in the same way that they were making them three or four years ago where every studio had a couple horror movies in production or that they were prepping. I think if you look at the calendar for this year, there's probably four or five horror movies, and they're all either remakes or sequels to something else. So it just doesn't feel like there's the same appetite at the studio level. And we'll see how the appetite is at the audience level when Nightmare comes out."

Fuller also spoke to Bloody-Disgusting about several of their future projects in development, including Monster Squad and The Birds.

"We're all systems go on Monster Squad. We're meeting with writers every day on that, trying to pick a writer to write that...The Birds we're still trying to figure out."

Fuller also spoke about future film projects The Butcherhouse Chronicles and Ouija.

"The Butcherhouse Chronicles right now feels like it's just kind of...I think that we have a great script, but it doesn't feel like there's anything happening on that right now."

"Ouija isn't really a horror movie per se, it's definitely more of a big action-adventure movie along the lines of...I gotta be careful what I compare it to. But you know, it's like a big action-adventure movie. And that script...I've read a couple pages of it, it seems good. I think we're getting the full script in the next month. And that's a very exciting project for it, cause it's a much bigger movie, and it gives us an opportunity to try something we haven't done before...There are definitely horror elements, because it's about Ouija and what happens from an Ouija board, but it's a much bigger film. I would call it an action-adventure with horror elements."

Friday the 13th comes to theaters November 13th, 2015.

Monster Squad was released in 2011.

The Birds is in development . The film is directed by Diederik Van Rooijen.

The Butcherhouse Chronicles is in development .

Ouija comes to theaters October 24th, 2014 and stars Olivia Cooke, Ana Coto, Daren Kagasoff, Bianca A. Santos, Douglas Smith, Matthew Settle, VIVIS, Robyn Lively. The film is directed by Stiles White.

1. PsychoMovieJunkie...

Actually the first Friday the 13th to be in 3D was the original part 3. They'll do anything to hype up another ripoff.

5 months agoby @PsychoMovieJunkieFlag

2. DARREN O BRIEN

new friday the 13th was amazing they did a good job the new nightmare was a joke.here the companys know they can make double the money if they put rob englund as freddy but noooo they use jackie.ok braindead movie bosses if u read this englund as freddy and a new friday the 13th will make u cash lots of it.putting that deadbeat non cult no body cares about actor jackie as freddy?u lose money fans wont flock to it.its that simple

3 years agoby @DARREN-O-BRIENFlag

3. FrankenFate

aight everyone that hates the new friday movie and r glad their not makin the next one "yet", i got one thing to tell u "F*CK OFF" friday the 13th is a kickass horror move they did a great job on the remake, the one they f*cked up completely on is the new nightmare on elm street, i mean come on wtf freddy look like someone on acids, i'll give them props on some of the sh*t that happened in the movie but the whole thing sucked plus they took the part where they defeat freddy from freddy vs jason, bad idea man u guys ruined it i loved the old ones better, u better not do the next one in 3D it'll ruin it even more, HATERS!!!!

4 years agoby @frankenfateFlag

4. Batman Rules !!!

Expect a nightmare on elm street part 2 2013 3D hd imax =/

4 years agoby @the-fallenFlag

5. Batman Rules !!!

so much for "NOT HAPPENING". liars ! lol

4 years agoby @the-fallenFlag

6. nightwatch1203

oh well i was really hoping they would make a sequel the remake was ok it couldve been better but it wasnt bad and 3d wouldve been cool with jason oh well i just hope the nightmare movie will blow everyone away i cant wait for that one and i can safely say it will be better than friday

4 years agoby @nightwatch1203Flag

7. WARRock

ARE U F*CKIN KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!

4 years agoby @jcFlag

8. 123kid

yea that a good question why can't they make a sequel of Freddy Vs Jason and with Robert as Freddy, and a sequel of Friday the 13th would be cool we me, I wish they would make a another one.

4 years agoby @123kidFlag

9. CBF

Why wasn't the door open for Freddy vs. Jason sequel? Huh??
    Screw this, door-is-always-open for remakes crap.

4 years agoby @comicbookfanFlag

10. Twisted Smile

I wouldn't mind seeing more films featuring horrors biggest icons if they came up with some new scenarios for them. I am tired of watching "Gossip Girl" get cut up.

4 years agoby @twistedsmileFlag

11. I AM FRATSON

Haha GreekStar you kill me. Agree about Monster Squad sounds real solid.

4 years agoby @iamfratsonFlag

12. Emmytt

dont care

4 years agoby @emmyttFlag

13. GeekStar

I retract my last comment.Click on the link to the monster squad.

4 years agoby @vendetta28Flag

14. PulpFictionMan

whatever

4 years agoby @pulpfictionmanFlag

15. GeekStar

PRICKS!
    WHY REMAKE MONSTER SQUAD!?
    Jack-asses,f*cking losers,mindless drones.That movie was great and now you choose to screw it up!This one of the movies that should have been left alone!But NOOOOOOO.

Okay.Better now.

Glad the sequel to the Friday the 13th remake isnt happening.The first one was so terrible I got up half way through it and left.I pray that it and Jason stays dead for a very long time.

4 years agoby @vendetta28Flag

16. joekerr2e

The Monster Squad is classic. I really don't want them F'ing with it, but and update might not be bad. Torn on this one. F#@K!!! @Papa_Panda : Serious? Is there a Connect Four movie? I'm sure you were all sarcasm and if not, OMG... my 10yr old has better ideas than Hollyweird. Beware what you wish for... "Battleship" is actually on it's way.

4 years agoby @joekerr2eFlag

17. Papa_Panda

I can't wait for the Connect Four movie! It's going to be amazing. Better be in 3D or else i'm not going to watch it.

4 years agoby @papa-pandaFlag

18. EvilWhiteMale

It's too soon. The remake sucked and seriously folks, how much more can they milk this Jason character?

4 years agoby @evilwhitemaleFlag

19. Mwheeler1324

STOP! STOP! STOP! Did this in before in 3-D, it sucked then and the New Fri 13th 3-D will SUCK EVEN MORE! Awwww to much people........

4 years agoby @mwheeler1324Flag

20. GreatOz

And just like that, Jason raises from the dead again...who did not see this coming

4 years agoby @greatozFlag