'My Soul to Take' Trailer from Wes Craven

The horror legend's new film about the son of a homicidal maniac hits theaters on October 29.
Yahoo! Movies has just premiered the first trailer for the new Wes Craven horror film My Soul to Take, which will arrive in theaters on Halloween weekend, starting on October 29. Click on the video player below to take a look at the latest Wes Craven film, which stars Max Thieriot, and you can also read the full synopsis below the video:

From writer/director Wes Craven comes a suspense thriller that warns us evil is working 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. And if you have any chance at beating it, you'll have to fight for your life 25/8. Released in 2D and 3D.

In the sleepy town of Riverton, legend tells of a serial killer who swore he would return to murder the seven children born the night he died. Now, 16 years later, people are disappearing again. Has the psychopath been reincarnated as one of the seven teens, or did he survive the night he was left for dead? Only one of the kids knows the answer.

Adam "Bug" Heller (Max Thieriot) was supposed to die on the bloody night his father went insane. Unaware of his dad's terrifying crimes, he has been plagued by nightmares since he was a baby. But if Bug hopes to save his friends from the monster that's returned, he must face an evil that won't rest...until it finishes the job it began the day he was born.

My Soul to Take was released October 29th, 2010 and stars Nick Lashaway, Max Thieriot, Denzel Whitaker, Zena Grey, Dennis Boutsikaris, Jessica Hecht, Frank Grillo, Shareeka Epps. The film is directed by Wes Craven.

Sources: Yahoo! Movies

1. Justhim_sir

well you guys can always watch the 2D version, it's not only 3D.

4 years agoby @justhim-sirFlag

2. OhTheFilmNerd

i was looking forward deeply to this film, until, yepp until i saw the big slap in the face 3D wes craven has something that is not realized in HollyWood much, TALENT and its being scrunched up into a ball into a bin, with a sign called 3D conversion.
    This film is very reminicent of the original Nightmare On Elmstreet except not in the scale of pure originality

4 years agoby @ohthefilmnerdFlag

3. Daveactor7

@moviegeek I totally agree with u on "rear window" Excellent movie. Way better then "disturbia"

4 years agoby @daveactor7Flag

4. Film_Freak_72

THIS LOOKS LIKE A BIG OLD SPONGY TURD!

4 years agoby @film-freak-72Flag

5. Superman81

I think this will be a descent movie, I dont expect it to top the box office or earn alot of money. But who knows, it is a Wes Craven film.

4 years agoby @superman81Flag

6. Forrestgump1

Yes yes , I have never seen a Wes Craven Film (Beside Cursed) that i did not love! this is going to be Epic :) ! i cant wait ..

4 years agoby @forrestgump1Flag

7. DoubleR0522

THIS MOVIE IS GOING 2 SUCK ASS LOL

4 years agoby @doubler0522Flag

8. Film_Freak_72

3D F*CK! THIS SH*T LOOKS GAY ANYWAYS! WHAT IS WES CRAVEN THINKING! THIS IS BASICALLY JUST A DIFFERENT VERSION OF FRIDAY THE 13TH!

4 years agoby @film-freak-72Flag

9. Diaigma

So . . . a demon forest hermit hobo dude? . . . Yeah, that's creepy :P

4 years agoby @diaigmaFlag

10. CelluloidDreams

It's undisputed that Wes Craven is a master of horror. The man has been scaring audiences since 1972 with classics like The Last House on the Left, The Hills Have Eyes, A Nightmare on Elm Street, and Scream.

My Soul To Take, will be arriving in theaters in early October, but from the look of it, it doesn't appear to be up to snuff.

4 years agoby @2movieguysFlag

11. CelluloidDreams

ODD! Looks like Wes Craven just did a "Retread" on "A Nightmare on Elm Street".......... Still for Wes's name I will see it ...but not in 3-D ...

...Sad that Wes Craven fell into the 3-D gimmick market just to sell one of his films ..... !!! Wes is now a Hollywood sell-out1

4 years agoby @2movieguysFlag

12. artkid04

JasonKat, let's hope it doesn't turn out like Cursed

4 years agoby @artkid04Flag

Oh, no doubt about it, @moviegeek151. But I also believe that a man with his genius could add a few wrinkles to the way technology is used today.

4 years agoby @ejk1Flag

14. moviegeek

@ejk1 I think the fact that Hitchc*ck doesn't use special effects makes him all the more impressive! If he were working today, he might fly under the radar. The black and white, GLORIOUS black and white, is part of the greatness. The music, the framing, and the setup make the scares!

4 years agoby @moviegeekFlag

15. The Soylent Green Monkey

My teeth hurt. :/

4 years agoby @soylentgreen2Flag

16. JasonKat

looks decent.. lets hope it doesnt turn out like one miss call. lolz

4 years agoby @jasonkatFlag

I'd see this...Always fun to see a teenager suddenly grow a pair and fight something supernatural that can easily kill him and win, classic

@moviegeek and @daveactor7, agreed about Hitchc*ck. Rear Window is my favorite of his films, and would add the scene where Jimmy Stewart is awaiting Raymond Burr as one of the most suspenseful moments in film history. But then again, you add moments from Susp*cion, Rebecca, Shadow of a Doubt, etc. IMO, Hitch is without a doubt the greatest director of all-time(imagine if he could work with today's technology), and what I love most is how he uses every minute in his movies effectively, with resolutions usually coming in the last seconds.

4 years agoby @ejk1Flag

I think this film has a bit more to it than appears. Who knows, could be good. I will give it a shot.

4 years agoby @narratorFlag

20. incmob

Looks good. yes has all the cliches of horror, teens, serial killer, but everyone of romeros dead films have many of the same plots and social commentary elements as well. I will see this, might suprise many of us, that craven still has it in him, hell sam raimi's drag me to hell, was not the best movie, but was good enough with the humor mixed with the horror... raimi's trademarks, and it was nice to see him back in the genre.

4 years agoby @incmobFlag

21. Phillip Wilcox

@moviegeek @daveactor7 LOVE Hitchc*ck! To me he'll always be the master of SUSPENSE! Cuz through suspense he could just as easily scare the sh*t out of you if you had been watching a horror film just the same. The man knew the craft of filmmaking, and knew how to use it to entertain just as well as get reactions. I think the most well known quote from Alfred was when he was asked "Why do you think people like frightening movies?" and Alfred said "What's the first thing you do when you see a baby...you go 'Boo!'.

4 years agoby @phillip-wilcoxFlag

Lame.

4 years agoby @dan1Flag

23. moviegeek

@Dave Haven't seen that one. It's on my list now though! I think Vertigo is his masterpiece. Love North By Northwest too. Psycho sits between those.

4 years agoby @moviegeekFlag

24. Daveactor7

@moviegeek yes it is my fave, my second is "the man who knew too much" and the ending when the doctor is explaining everything was the most haunting and psychological line in history.

4 years agoby @daveactor7Flag

25. moviegeek

@Dave Oh its easily the end scene. Easily the scariest bit. Is that your favorite Hitchc*ck?

4 years agoby @moviegeekFlag

26. Daveactor7

@moviegeek the stairway scene when the detective is coming up the stairs and mother jumping out was the scariest scene in the movie next to the shadowy figure of mother moving towards the shower curtain

4 years agoby @daveactor7Flag

27. moviegeek

@Dave Freaked me out the first time. The next times it was astounding how unprepared I still was.

4 years agoby @moviegeekFlag

28. Daveactor7

@moviegeek I mean when u see "psycho" that movie scared me when i first saw it. Last year. It scared the living daylights out of me and It was a movie from the 60s

4 years agoby @daveactor7Flag

29. moviegeek

@Dave Truer words were never spoken

4 years agoby @moviegeekFlag

30. Daveactor7

@PhillipWilcox true that. But the person who will remain as the master of horror will be alfred hitchc*ck

4 years agoby @daveactor7Flag