Morgan Freeman and Elizabeth Banks Join 'LEGO: The Piece of Resistance'

Morgan Freeman will play a character known as Vitruvius alongside Will Arnett, Channing Tatum, and Chris Pratt in this animated adventure.
Morgan Freeman joins the voice cast of LEGO: The Piece of Resistance
Morgan Freeman joins the voice cast of LEGO: The Piece of Resistance
Morgan Freeman and Elizabeth Banks have joined the voice cast of LEGO: The Piece of Resistance for 21 Jump Street directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller.

The story centers on Emmet (Chris Pratt), a LEGO figure who is mistaken for the one known as The Master Builder. He is chosen to help stop an evil force from gluing their entire land together. Morgan Freeman will play a character named Vitruvius, who also joins this team that includes LEGO versions of Batman (Will Arnett) and Superman (Channing Tatum). No details were given for Elizabeth Banks' character.

Phil Lord and Chris Miller will direct from a script they co-wrote with Kevin Hageman and Dan Hageman. Roy Lee and Dan Lin are producing this 3D animated adventure.

The Lego Movie was released February 7th, 2014 and stars Will Arnett, Elizabeth Banks, Craig Berry, Alison Brie, David Burrows, Anthony Daniels, Charlie Day, Amanda Farinos. The film is directed by Phil Lord, Chris Miller.

Sources: Deadline

PoR even...

2 years agoby @skywiseFlag

@bawnian-dexeus well maybe we will actually get a decent PoP movie..

2 years agoby @skywiseFlag

3. THE JOKER

This voices everything!!

2 years agoby @mcleve02Flag

@skywise Can I say that I laughed reeding the plot for this toy adaptation? I mean, don't get me wrong. If someone were to throw a brand new box of say, LOTR Lego, I would drop some major IQ points and have a blast. I'll wait and see. Maybe I'll take my nephew to see it

5. artkid04

wait...wait wait wait, what if this is like Reboot, oh man, that would be killer, oh if it was anything like Reboot I would defiantly be in love with this movie

2 years agoby @artkid04Flag

6. artkid04

@skywise, I agree, liking some of the cast, not too sure how good a lego movie will be, I am on the fence with this one

2 years agoby @artkid04Flag

Ok...the Lego games range from very good to mediocre and I can understand wanting to branch into films but I just dont know...I dont know. I will take the "wait and see" method on this one.

Anyone else have an opinion on this? Just curious.

2 years agoby @skywiseFlag