Millennium Films Already Planning Another 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre'

John Luessenhop's horror has already brought in more that $22 million dollars.
Millennium Films already planning Texas Chainsaw 4
Millennium Films already planning Texas Chainsaw 4
Millennium Films has announced that they are starting to develop a sequel to John Luessenhop's slasher reboot Texas Chainsaw 3D, which hit theaters last Friday. The film has already brought in $22 million dollars, which trumped The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey and Django Unchained last weekend.

Plot details are few for Texas Chainsaw 4, but it will most likely further continue the story of Tobe Hooper's 1974 original. The project is being produced by Carl Mazzocone, Tobe Hooper, Mark Burg, Avi Lerner, Trevor Short, John Thompson, Danny Dimbort, Lati Grobman and Christa Campbell.

Here is what Millennium Films Chairman Avi Lerner had to say about why they decided to produce the horror franchise.

"Lati and Christa brought the idea of this franchise to us. They were certain of the audience appeal, so we signed on. And it turns out they were right. It was a bloody good decision. Lionsgate agreed to distribute the film in the US, and did a fantastic job. We very much hope to partner with them for the next chapter."

Production is slated to begin later this year in Louisiana.

Sources: Deadline

1. The Cryptkeeper: Resurrected

Haven't seen the current one yet; but plan to, and welcome a sequel

1 year agoby @cryptFlag

2. Mr.K

@superman81 i liked Zombie's Halloween 2 as well. It was a very average sequel, but it did have incredible imagery that really felt like if was halloween.

1 year agoby @mr-kFlag

3. Nicholaus XX

@superman81@therealGoku -- I liked it, too. But, it still sucked, in my mind. Albeit, I immensely enjoyed the brutality, and gore.

1 year agoby @XxNickTheFilmCriticXxFlag

4. Superman81

@2movieguys yea he ruined Hoopers movie big time. This movie should be shown at the local landfill

1 year agoby @superman81Flag

5. Superman81

@ROFLitschristian I liked H2, yes it was all over the place but it still was a pretty good horror flick. I actually cared about the characters. Biggest let down was how Zombie portrayed Loomis. But this new TC movie was not fun for me. I don't mind stupid films but this just didn't seem to make any sense.

1 year agoby @superman81Flag

6. ROFLitschristian

@superman81 What I've seen is just pure, stupid, cliche fun.

1 year agoby @ROFLitschristianFlag

7. ROFLitschristian

@therealGoku Zombie's 2nd Halloween was way to jumbled and all over the place for me. And none of it made any sense, not even for a horror flick.

1 year agoby @ROFLitschristianFlag

8. Corey W.

@bawnian-dexeus I'm sure it would.

1 year agoby @coreyFlag

9. Zak Lee Ferguson

@felipe-11 me as it isn't in the UK yet :L not even for a preview showing...:L

1 year agoby @Zak-Lee-FergusonFlag

10. Zak Lee Ferguson

@2movieguys awwwww no way man...well that's true :L

1 year agoby @Zak-Lee-FergusonFlag

11. Replicant

F*ck anyone who saw this crap over Django Unchained.

1 year agoby @felipe-11Flag

12. Zak Lee Ferguson

i love these films

1 year agoby @Zak-Lee-FergusonFlag

13. CelluloidDreams

WHY!!??! This just puts the original 1974 film to shame!!

Damn ...someone in Hollywood knows how to kill classic films!

1 year agoby @2movieguysFlag

They can do whatever they want, the 2003 one will likely remain the only one I like.

1 year agoby @dan1Flag

enough is enough

1 year agoby @skywiseFlag

16. The Real Goku

@ROFLitschristian I liked the 2nd Halloween movie lol

1 year agoby @therealGokuFlag

Let's see if this one even breaks 80 million

1 year agoby @bawnian-dexeusFlag

18. Mr.K

Let the cash-grab milking begin.

1 year agoby @mr-kFlag

19. Xenon

I've seen the original films and I enjoyed the newer installments which were great. Just not sure about this film, getting the rights to a horror franchise is one thing pumping out a thought out screen play and making it good is another.
    I don't blame Hollywood, I blame the people that want to add in their two cents.

1 year agoby @xenon56Flag

20. jasdjqs

Thanks guys, i was going to take a rip to see it but i will skip this one and the next one. 2003 movie was on of my favorites

1 year agoby @jasdjqsFlag

21. Remy72883

this one totally sucked i enjoyed the 2003 version but i loved texas chainsaw massacre beginnings something along those films is what i thought i was going to see MAJOR FAIL ON THIS ONE man they had the character in 2003 and 2006 perfect this guy wasent even scary anyone could have kicked this guys ass chainsaw or not the 2003 or 2006 version now that is a guy you are definatly gonna run from, those were pure bone chilling the story on this one sucked now let say they went from the 2006 take and yeah a girl inherited a house the house in the early 2000 films and she discovered him their and so on that would have been way better than this, this was garbage i remember looking down at my cell phone just waiting to see how much time was left if i wasent their with my friend i would have just left, hollywood is seriously going down hill

1 year agoby @remy72883Flag

22. Superman81

@ROFLitschristian loved the 2003 remake but I hated this movie. it could have been good but fell into the toilet

1 year agoby @superman81Flag

23. ROFLitschristian

@jasonkat I too thoroughly enjoyed the '03 remake. It might be the only horror remake, other than Rob Zombie's first Halloween (since the second was total sh*t), that I liked. As for this one, I've seen bits and pieces of it and it makes me a little frightful, but nothing like the original. I'm just glad Leatherface hasn't been tossed to the side this current generation. But everyone's right, they can at least TRY to make a quality film.

1 year agoby @ROFLitschristianFlag

24. The Real Goku

@corey it was completely disrespectful and stupid. Definitely a dumb movie

1 year agoby @therealGokuFlag

25. JasonKat

I think the 2003 version is the best1. i dunno why alot of people didnt like it. i felt that the characters were nicely crafted. Everybody knew their parts, acting wize, and also the layouts of the area, not to mention the feel of the 70s that was put into it. felt believable. While the old 1 will always be a true classic. 2003's will always be the best of the best of our time. sadly they fuked up the way they did it with having that1 out then 3yrs later they give us the "how it all began" version. lol. that takes all of its terror right out of it.
    I havnt seen this 2013 film tho so i cant/wont comment on it, but stating that they already plan another film, just doesnt sound right, seems like the freddy, jason, and myers route, not to mention saw. where its always gonna be about a group of teens getting killed 1 by 1.

1 year agoby @jasonkatFlag

26. JonSpidey07

I'm asking honestly: somebody please write a letter to these filmmakers begging them to try making a good 'Texas Chainsaw' movie for the love of God

1 year agoby @jonspidey07Flag

27. Corey W.

I'm all for another but they'll need to do a lot to improve. The newest film, the way it ended, was like a big "f*ck you" to the franchise. They really messed up Leatherface's character and it was a shame.

1 year agoby @coreyFlag