Milla Jovovich Reveals 'Resident Evil: Retribution' Details Via Twitter

The actress confirms Jensen Ackles will not appear in the fifth installment, as well as offers some new details.
Milla Jovovich shares some new details about RE5
Milla Jovovich shares some new details about RE5
Milla Jovovich made some announcements about Resident Evil: Retribution, via her Twitter page. The fifth installment is currently filming in Toronto, Canada. Here is what the actress had to say:

I've got an amazing fight w a bunch of zombies AND an epic fight w jill valentine!...chris, claire n kmart get abducted by umbrella in this one, so no he won't b in this movie...we wld love 2 make a 6th where every1 is back together! but the fans will decide after they see this one!

Ada Wong, leon and barry burton will b in the new RE!

We will hve the Las Plagas parasite!!![as featured in the video games]

Milla Jovovich Tweets Resident Evil: Retribution #1
Milla Jovovich Tweets Resident Evil: Retribution #2
Milla Jovovich Tweets Resident Evil: Retribution #3
Milla Jovovich Tweets Resident Evil: Retribution #4
Milla Jovovich Tweets Resident Evil: Retribution #5
Milla Jovovich Tweets Resident Evil: Retribution #6

The actress also confirmed that Jensen Ackles will not appear in the fifth Resident Evil.

Resident Evil: Retribution was released September 14th, 2012 and stars Milla Jovovich, Sienna Guillory, Michelle Rodriguez, Aryana Engineer, Bingbing Li, Boris Kodjoe, Johann Urb, Robin Kasyanov. The film is directed by Paul W.S. Anderson.

Sources: Milla Jovovich

1. Siti Darojah Dimitri

Appearance in the movie resident evil lady very intriguing :) I am an admirer of your

2 years agoby @Siti-Darojah-DimitriFlag

2. SomethingMore

@bawnian-dexeus
    Well, only thing I will say...There are some peoples out there watching this series. That's why this one earning money.
    @dan
    Well....Only thing I will say in rebuttle that....Company sees profit....If this one is giving them 300 plus in the market that means there are peoples who are watching this as far as original fans thosewhowant original gaming characters---They have to wait until thisone becomes FLOP. Though I think claire, chris redfield and Alice are in the GAME. LEO is missing though in animated version of Resident Evil....It do exist

3 years agoby @SomethingMoreFlag

3. JasonKat

The thing i hate about this movie-story, is the fact that alice has special powers, I cant seem to swallow that. Its supose to be a zombie movie, a virus that broke out, living people dead or undead. and then theres alice a badass super-hero who can defeat these things, Sorry but that sounds rather bad (lame). The only person who should have any powers at all in this, is Wesker. I mean even the game's main heros dont have these powers and they r still tough guys/girls. like jill, chris, leon ect..
    Milla, is a good actress, i dont dislke her, i dont blame her for the roles she plays here, its just her guy the director, who makes this stuff up That just doesnt work on any levels.
    I think this would have been better if yes.. milla was in this, as alice, but w/out the powers, and just being a reg girl. no copies, no fighting skills, no "im so tough" thing. just a simple woman fighting her way to stay alive, but in a teen kinda way. lol.
    And then along
    the way, she would have met jill. clare, jill, chris, or watever, it would have formed into sum kinda swat team, fighting off these zombies, that would have made more sense.

3 years agoby @jasonkatFlag

4. FilmsLobby.Com

it will be a nice movie............!!!

3 years agoby @filmslobbyFlag

5. Gandoff

First time I am bummed majorly over what RE is going to do in the next film. Not all was that bad. If you look at each film as one story, inside another larger story, then they are all decent zombie movies. With 2 and 4 being the most inline with the games idea's then the others. But once you put Chris in the RE films, you can't take him out. That is hands down the most stupid idea I have ever seen. This is what happens when you have the main star married to the director. They try to make the movie angled to the spouse. Bring back the cast from 4, and add Jill, then you have a very nice amount of RE action. I would have loved to have seen Leon tossed in too. Make it a RE character orgy with a plot based more like RE5 the game. The best story idea for RE, is a cure it found, but small out breaks still happen. And Jill, Leon, Chris, Alice, and Claire all are the basis of a team to go investigate the out break, and find out whats going on. Now that would be a great RE5 film...

3 years agoby @gandoffFlag

6. Salem6777

ok people if u hate these movies... stop paying to see them... i have i hate these movies and for f*cks sake i do not want to see a 6th movie happen

3 years agoby @Salem6777Flag

7. Sean

I hope this movie will be good. I really enjoyed the previous one.

3 years agoby @themoviefanaticFlag

8. deepsky926

As a fan of the Games and movies I nvr seem to be amazed by sum of the commets I read on the RE movies... There's a reason why they say "based" again keyword BASED ...on the popular video game, if u can't put something positive then dnt waste ur time and fans time, excited for the new movie although a bit bummed Jensen won't b in this, but bringing back sienna makes up for it

3 years agoby @deepsky926Flag

@SomethingMore I don't disagree on the fact that the films make bank. Hell, in one article I pointed out just how much all films made combined. But that's not it, the problem is that these movies for the fans whom have played the game and still do haven't gotten the adaptation they want, with the characters they love. The only character they have gotten is Miss Valentine and that other dude from the previous film. Loosely based is the term I'm looking for, and sometimes, loose like a hooker's meat curtain sucks at times

10. GROND29

@dan1 You speak a sad truth there buddy, its just a shame that those non-fans don't know what they're missing. But I suppose these movies fulfil that category of dumb, mindless fun that we are all partial to now and again.

I laughed pretty hard at Milla's tweets, @jasonkat hit the nail on the head with the first one! I can just see Anderson's checklist of things to include. I would much rather they focused on getting a decent story in the wider cinematic sense of the word than plonking in random characters from the games for no particular reason.

3 years agoby @grond29Flag

11. Angelsbleedtoo

man, I meant to say fan, damn me and my typos. haha.

3 years agoby @angelsbleedtooFlag

12. Angelsbleedtoo

I am a big paul anderson man and enjoyed the series of movies very much but I really think this is a francise that needs to be rebooted. Go back to the first game and tell that story. Besides it's not really a reboot, because that story was never told in the films. Of course no one wants to see a film shot for shot from the game, but someone could craft an original script based on the story and characters of the first game.

3 years agoby @angelsbleedtooFlag

@SomethingMore Money isn't everything (or at least it shouldn't be, but is to movie execs). A movie could make a billion dollars, and I could still care less (like Alice in Wonderland, which did a billion+ in sales, and I didn't care for it) if it's a complete bastardization of the source material. There are PLENTY of people who have never played the games who get into these movies, and that is where the majority of that profit comes from, whether we the fans like it or not.

Anyways, I'll wait for the reboot that doesn't involve Paul W.S. Anderson.

3 years agoby @dan1Flag

14. JasonKat

Heres an idea the next director can do.. he can give Milla alil cameo in the reboot of RE, and have a zombie kill her off when shes sleeping. which will take 345 sec to do then the screen goes bloody and fade into blk, then you see the title... RESIDENT EVIL: OUTBREAK.... :P

3 years agoby @jasonkatFlag

15. Yiota Yiotini

@SomethingMore maybe it earned more because it was 3D?

3 years agoby @Yiota-YiotiniFlag

@bawnian-dexeus Agreed, man.

3 years agoby @dan1Flag

17. JasonKat

Everything she posted, was news to me, til i read this... "I've got an amazing fight w a bunch of zombies"...then she lost me, lol. sorry but thats the same sh*t i been seeing in all RE films, Where she fights and kills sum, then she has an epic fight w the main villian. big deal? OLD NEWS psh.
    Im a resident evil fan. I liked all these films "so far" Why so far? well.. because there hasnt been any remake or reboots as of "yet", so until i get those, i will enjoy wat this chick brings to the table, Yea it can be 100x better, or it can be chitty, but theres nothing else we can really compare this to, until then we will have to wait.
    The whole RE i see in these flicks, r not really horror scary, or intresting, but rather just a popcorn flick to kick back and enjoy. The day we get a reboot/remake, will b the day these films will b shelfd. and people will forever 4get about them because i belive the next director who makes this, will listen to its fans and actually play a re game. So that he knows wat hes making. STOP CREATING NEW characters and give us who we know alREADY.
    If they cant make a red movie then dont make1 just make a cartoon-version. i will enjoy those better.

3 years agoby @jasonkatFlag

18. SomethingMore

@bawnian-dexeus I don't agree with that. Last Resident Evil movie is most earning movie in the series. If returibution continous on that path. You will see the 6th one too. As far as fans are concern...If they had given up on Resident Evil series than Last movie in the series never would earn 296$ worldwide. Figure itself shows that this will still run and you may even see retribution surpassing that figure

3 years agoby @SomethingMoreFlag

The "Fans" already made their choice. It's your husband that doesn't read the word "stop". They may be at times some good guilty pleasure films, but the fans don't approve. The want the real adaptation they've been waiting for almost a decade. There, I said it. Still a fan of yah Milla