Mickey Mouse and Roger Rabbit Team Up for 'The Stooge'

Five of Disneyland's theme parks will be utilized in this remake of the comedy classic, with appearances by Walt Disney and Orsen Wells.
Who Framed Roger Rabbit? creator Gary K. Wolf has confirmed via his official website, pretending to be a "source" known as "Walter Windchill," that Walt Disney Studios is moving forward with a 3D animated/live-action remake of the 1952 comedy classic The Stooge that will team-up Mickey Mouse with Roger Rabbit in roles originated by Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis. Take a look at the 'Disney Development Proposal' artwork for this project that is in active development, then read on for more information.

The Stooge Poster

The Stooge, released in 1952, starred Dean Martin as a Broadway performer who finds success with a new vaudville act, although it is mainly because of the "stooge" (Jerry Lewis) he hires, who captures most of the spotlight. Mickey Mouse will play the Dean Martin character, with Roger Rabbit playing Jerry Lewis' stooge role.

The story is said to have the same kind of sensibilities as Pixar hits Toy Story and WALL-E in what is described as an, "animated musical buddy comedy." This new version will incorporate five of Disneyland's theme parks, and also showcases the "Toon Train," a new mode of transportation throughout ToonTown. Walt Disney himself and Orson Welles are said to be "co-stars" in the film, although it isn't clear how they will be portrayed.

The development package is currently being evaluated by Disney and Pixar, so it could be quite some time before this project is approved and starts production.

The Stooge comes to theaters in 2016 and stars Walt Disney, Orson Welles.

The Stooge was released December 31st, 1952 and stars Dean Martin, Jerry Lewis, Polly Bergen, Marion Marshall, Eddie Mayehoff, Richard Erdman, Frances Bavier. The film is directed by Norman Taurog.

@jptheredskull@slysnide@ejk1@narrator

They joked about it at the Oscars, and now it may become a reality

1 year agoby @bawnian-dexeusFlag

2. J.P.

@bawnian-dexeus This. Roger Rabbit also seemed like a parody of Bugs Bunny and Mickey Mouse.

1 year agoby @jptheredskullFlag

3. Dragon1991

Wait, so the movie is featuring both Mickey and Roger or am I reading the article wrong?

1 year agoby @Dragon1991Flag

4. Zak Lee Ferguson

nice idea but....whaaaa? get a right director this cannot fail...Rob Zemeckis or John Lasseter or Lee :D

1 year agoby @Zak-Lee-FergusonFlag

Disney and Roger Rabbit? Dafuq did I just read?

1 year agoby @bawnian-dexeusFlag

6. slysnide

This has got to be the most original idea Disney has come up with in a long time. Much better than another slew of unnecessary Pixar sequels. And Charles Fleischer is still around to voice Roger Rabbit too. Now that's a character it'll be nice to see again.

1 year agoby @slysnideFlag

7. SpaceCowboy

It's going to take a while before I can wrap my head around this idea.

1 year agoby @SpaceCowboyFlag

8. Monkeyiron 2.0

@ejk1 I did just trying to make sense of all of this

1 year agoby @monkeyiron2-0Flag

@monkeyiron2-0 Did you bother to read the article?

1 year agoby @ejk1Flag

New "virtual reality" format? What the f*ck is that?

1 year agoby @narratorFlag

11. Monkeyiron 2.0

@ejk1 I think it's a promo for a in-movie-film maybe this is a hint for a sequel for Roger

1 year agoby @monkeyiron2-0Flag

12. Monkeyiron 2.0

It's not that I want to see Roger on the big screen again. But, I want to see him in his own movie because I'm a HUGE fan of the clasic movie "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" and I always wanted a sequel or a prequel. To me i think that this probably sort of in a way hate roger because I can already see how this is gonna go "Mickey has relationship problems with Minnie and Roger will be a savior in a way for Mickey" I'm can already see it. But I hope I'm wrong I hope that this is a promo for a in type special with in a Roger Rabbit movie like the did in Framed. So I have mixed feelings towards this

1 year agoby @monkeyiron2-0Flag

13. Playhouse

This sounds fantastically cool. Now, this is how you go about being inventive with the whole remake/reboot trend.

1 year agoby @playhouseFlag

14. artkid04

the sort of sequel to who framed roger rabbit

1 year agoby @artkid04Flag

Interesting way to do a remake. The use of Roger Rabbit is definitely different; one would think Donald or Goofy gets that spot opposite Mickey, but the newer yet completely underutilized Disney character gets the spot.

1 year agoby @ejk1Flag