Michael Moore Planning Occupy Wall Street Documentary

The protest movement has sparked the director's latest project, though he hasn't given any specific details yet.
Michael Moore planning a new documentary
Michael Moore planning a new documentary
When documentary filmmaker Michael Moore made Capitalism: A Love Story, he said he would not make another movie until the American public took action against the economic system.

Now that the Occupy Wall Street movement is rapidly growing in popularity, Michael Moore has indicated that he is planning to make a new documentary, although it will not center on Occupy Wall Street. Here's what Michael Moore had to say about his latest project below.

"Yes, I am [planning another film]. But I'm not making a film about this... I'm not going to tell you what I'm going to do film-wise, but it will be something that's not being addressed. It will be funny and shocking and hopefully will help move the ball down the field. And as long as I am one among many ... That is why I love going down to Occupy Wall Street. Because I stand there with hundreds as part of this general assembly, and I am one voice. It feels so much better to me to have hundreds of other people sharing in that and saying, 'We're all going to put the yoke on our shoulders and carry this forward.' That feels better than standing alone on the Oscar stage being booed off it."

Michael Moore didn't say when he planned on announcing this upcoming film, but we'll be sure to keep you posted as soon as he does so.

Sources: The Wrap

1. raymond christl

I love MMFlint ,yet now vote paleolibertarian after the WarBama rusing of Amerika...better amovie on how hemp can tranform the world towards peace & prosperity through green technology with common science.

3 years agoby @raymond-christlFlag

2. Bugman

Here is an Occupy Wall Street song for your movie Mr. Moore:
    You-tube Heave Ho Wall Street

3 years agoby @bugmanFlag

3. TheStonedReviewer

I like mr. moore mainly cos he's anti bush, but then again i did laugh at him blowing up in team america so i guess i'm divided :L

3 years agoby @stonedFlag

4. EvilWhiteMale

He belongs down there with those delusional commies. I hope they get hungry and eat his fat ass.

3 years agoby @evilwhitemaleFlag

@dan1well then you just made my night sir!

3 years agoby @skywiseFlag

@skywise Sincere.

3 years agoby @dan1Flag

@dan1 LOL i dont know if that was sarcasm or if you are being sincere.

3 years agoby @skywiseFlag

@skywise " but Moore is a brilliant liar". Made my night :P

3 years agoby @dan1Flag

I really cant stand this guy and this whole movement is abstract at best but Moore is a brilliant liar. I am sure he will whip up all kinds of controversy.

I agree with you @dan1 Capitalism has its place in our society but its kind of a double edged sword.

3 years agoby @skywiseFlag

@thedude1 Now don't get me wrong, I'm not for crony capitalism. You know, where the good ol boy's network is hard at work and unless you scratch the right people's backs, you'll never get to that level of financial success because they'll block your efforts. That I don't support. But pure capitalism, where anyone with some elbow grease and a good idea can get ahead make their fortune, I love that concept. Much more than goddamn socialism.

3 years agoby @dan1Flag

11. TheDude1

@dan1 Exactly.

3 years agoby @thedude1Flag

@thedude1 Because, you know, capitalism is evil, unless you yourself are benefiting from the system :P

3 years agoby @dan1Flag

13. TheDude1

Great another Michael Moore movie where he will make capitalism look bad while trying to make as much money off of the movie as he possibly can.

3 years agoby @thedude1Flag

14. thedude-abides

@dan1 I'll buy that. I just like hearing what he has to say in interviews. He seems toned down somewhat from when he was younger.

3 years agoby @thedude-abidesFlag

@thedude-abides I dunno, I think the guy is pretty left-leaning still. You saw Wall Street 2? Great movie, very relevant to our times, but it made the oil tycoon the evil guy and the 'green energy' guy the hero, and did it in some black and white strokes, which was Stone's touch. But it definitely had it's moments of modern business philosophy, which I really liked. Basically any scene with Gekko in it.

3 years agoby @dan1Flag

16. thedude-abides

@dan1 I actually think Stone is much more level-headed at this point in his life. I'd love to see him run, but it'll never happen.

3 years agoby @thedude-abidesFlag

@thedude-abides I'd f*cking hate that, but I'd love to watch the circus-like following if they did.

3 years agoby @dan1Flag

18. thedude-abides

@dan1 Definitely. He and Oliver Stone, I've always thought, should toss their hat into that arena.

3 years agoby @thedude-abidesFlag

@thedude-abides Moore should be a liberal politician. I hate the guy, but I don't doubt his ability to sell himself or his views.

3 years agoby @dan1Flag

20. thedude-abides

I'm down for anything he does. I don't mind that his perspective is slighted; anytime you're presenting an argument, it's bound to be swayed to one side or another. The important thing with Moore's films is that he brings questions that need to be brought to light to the forefront. Stanley Kubrick once said that as a filmmaker, it wasn't his job to provide answers; it was his job to raise questions. Moore does that better than anyone in the business today.

3 years agoby @thedude-abidesFlag

21. Brian

Awesome. Can't wait.

3 years agoby @brianFlag

Well of course he would. And it'll be skewed for his agenda as per usual.

3 years agoby @dan1Flag

23. Gandoff

Love his doc*mentaries and hate them at the same time. If he would let the facts speak for themselves instead of twisting them for his own views, then he be that much better.

3 years agoby @gandoffFlag