Michael Bay Confirms 'Transformers 3' for 2011

The director announced a release date is set for July 1, 2011.
The director of an immensely popular action franchise has confirmed we won't have to wait as long for the third film in the series. Director Michael Bay annnounced on his official website that Transformers 3 has now been confirmed for a summer 2011 release. Here's the director's statement on his website, which included a note to Megan Fox as well.

Well its official: We have a great Transformers 3 story. The release date is now July 1st 2011. Not 2012.

Today is Day One. This morning started with an ILM meeting for five hours in San Francisco. Currently I'm flying with writer Ehren Kruger to Rhode Island to talk to Hasbro about new characters.

P.S. Megan Fox, welcome back. I promise no alien robots will harm you in any way during the production of this motion picture. Please consult your Physician when working under my direction because some side effects can occur, such as mild dizziness, intense nausea, suicidal tendencies, depression, minor chest hair growth, random internal hemorrhaging and inability to sleep. As some directors may be hazardous to your health, please consult your Doctor to determine if this is right for you.

Pain and Gain is right after shooting of Trans 3.

Michael

It was reported earlier this year that Bay had planned to take a break in between Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen and Transformers 3, originally stating that he would prep for a 2012 release of Transformers 3.

We'll certainly keep you posted if any new Transformers 3 developments emerge.

Transformers: Dark of the Moon was released June 29th, 2011 and stars Shia LaBeouf, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Julie White, Kevin Dunn, Josh Duhamel, Tyrese Gibson, Alan Tudyk, John Malkovich. The film is directed by Michael Bay.

Sources: Michael Bay

1. kmannin

Transformers 1 and 2 are good for what can be produced on the Big screen. It would make a excellent TV series where you can work in all the robots and action scenes. There are to many robots to do that on the Big screen unless it is an all out war. Bay is using a mixture of old names, new names, movie and toy characters that you generally would not see in Transformers. I believe he explain the reason why he is doing that. I would like to see the whole elita team together but designed the motorcycles differently like maybe how they made the first female toy figure motorcycles or Arcee and Elita 1. I've been a T-former fan from when the toy came out and the movies are good, there is just to much that could go into the movie. The robots die to quickly, maybe most people are looking for a explanation of the robot characters and where they came from and such.

5 years agoby @kmanninFlag

2. J.A.Ottley.Writer / Director

LOL, i'm aware, escapist.

But it was the coolest title i could come up with and well i didn't want to put Unicron in the title. Something like

Transformers: Vengenance of Unicron

But by implicating Galvatron in the title you also imply and confirm that Unicron is in the film, since you can't have one without the other :)

5 years agoby @chronicFlag

3. Escapist

LOL @J.A. There's a lot of titles going around using the prefix ''Rise Of...'' so it does sound abit repetitive. But it works.

5 years agoby @escapistFlag

4. J.A.Ottley.Writer / Director

Ok to add on to Penguin.

There is also another rumour circulating that they won't use the Unicron story, either.
    I say scrap Ehren, bring me on to this i'll make the best Transformers movie ever...

I'll bring in Rodimus, Unicron, Galvatron, and some other dandy characters... and called it

Transformers: Rise Of Galvatron
    (And come on you know that's an awesome title)

5 years agoby @chronicFlag

5. Err

hopefully they try a little harder to make the cgi's look believable than they did in the second one.
    in the first one the animation was great, but in the second one it seemed rushed, in my opinion.

5 years agoby @err2005Flag

6. Saloko

Bay is totally screwing up Transformers. Why wou;d the release date be 2011 and the 2nd movie just came out months ago? Plus, Bay needs to bring in more popular characters and Jazz. The ripping in half scene was plain stupid. Bay just needs some more popular characters especially Wheeljack, Blitzwing and Hotrod from Generation 1 & 2 and with a more understanding plot. T2 was just ridiculous.

5 years agoby @saloko1Flag

7. Newkill3000

Chad, your a f*cking idiot for believing that's me. Lol, you really are Chad. Were you always this stupid or did you take lessons. Just click on the avatar and you'll see it'll take you to a different profile.

5 years agoby @newkill200Flag

8. penguin_9026

Rumor has it that Bay is going to have Megan Fox's character killed in a "gory" death scene in the first few minutes of Transformers 3.

5 years agoby @penguin-9026Flag

9. Chad Vital

if that action puts you to sleep, you have issues dude.

5 years agoby @chad-vitalFlag

10. Newkill3000

Transformers 1 and 2 are the biggest pieces of garbage. I hope the 3rd one is the last. No story and action puts me to sleep.

5 years agoby @newkill200Flag

11. Newkill3000

Shia Sucks and so does Bay.

5 years agoby @newkill200Flag

12. gooliZAP

SHIA RUUUULLLLLEEEEESSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 years agoby @goolizapFlag

13. Chad Vital

I'll go see it in the theater, the 2nd one wasn't THAT bad guys geez. It was better than Starship Troopers 2 that's for sure lol.

5 years agoby @chad-vitalFlag

14. incmob

i will be smarter than before and wait for the dvd next time around. i have to say that i think i am giving up on this series after the last outing. and the whole megan fox, michael bay deal is not only lame, but simply a PR stunt to attract more business and headlines, beings how both are not the most important people in hollywood except for in their own minds. they both like attention which feeds their all too important egos.

5 years agoby @incmobFlag

15. Cripple

Let's face it, we will all be seeing this no matter how much it sucks

5 years agoby @crippleFlag

woah...deep

17. Vanboy

But my point is, that Prime would not get like that, if you think about how he was in the original animations, he was a sort of father figure to the rest. He was well spoken, and he sure as Hell wasn't impatient, like they had Cullen portray him when Shia was looking for the glasses, ("Hurry, we don't have much time!"-puts hand over eyes in frustration). Other characters, like Jazz, Wheel Jack and especially from Generation 2, The Junkions assimilated the slang, but never supposed to be Prime.

But you know, it's that very thing that they learned from us, that made sentient beings from another world sound like *ssholes.

5 years agoby @vanboyFlag

18. Chad Vital

Yeah I thought that was weird too Vanboy (when he said "my bad"). The 2nd movie is worse with little stuff like that. And even though in their defense, they did learn earth slang through the internet after all (i.e. Jazz), otherwise Jazz wouldn't have sounded like that.

5 years agoby @chad-vitalFlag

maybe, i saw it on you tube before the trailer of the first transformers movie came out

20. Vanboy

When? I know that Spike cursed Transformers The Movie, but on the series...nah, you're joking.

5 years agoby @vanboyFlag

and in the original series, before being dubbed, he cursed sometimes

22. Vanboy

Yeah, but there is no Hood on Cybertron. That's what's the most stupid thing and it was unnecessary.

I feel the same way about Prime saying, "My Bad" in the first movie. It was stupid, and one day down the road, when that phrase gets phased out with time, the movie will be lamely dated and stupid for having used it. And Prime's character would never say that. That's what I hated about that movie. They changed Prime's respectable attitude from the original animated version. Prime would never stoop to the "cool" thing to say. Peter Cullen must have cringed as he said it

5 years agoby @vanboyFlag

racisticons...lol
    well put vanboy, even though the whole racism thing is stupid cause it was just autobots with personalities

24. Vanboy

LankStun, let's hope 3 is better than 1.

All of this talk of T2 and T3 is making me feel violated somehow.

But silntbutvilnt, what pisses everybody off, is not that they don't want a little escapism, it's that when they do go into the theater to get it, they don't get a movie that's dumbed down and idiotic, making the viewer feel like the director thinks that we are all retarded, by putting things on the screen that insult our intelligence and make us feel like we were robbed of ten bucks. That's why people get pissed at Bay. It would be so refreshing and a bit shocking, if Bay put out a movie that made you feel like he had enough faith in us to believe that we have the common sense to figure things out, NOT to give us goofy movies with (comedic robots reminiscent of Jar Jar Binks), that are aimed solely at ten year old boys.

Chad, sounds like you know exacltly what you're talking about in your last. I have to agree, with what I read, although I didn't see Transformers 2.

What I would like to see, is a new take, just like the original animated series. They crash, then a million years later, the Earthquake reveals the ship and then they get rebuilt by the ship's repair droids. And I would like to see Cybertron, looking like it did in the animated series. Not like it did in Tranformers 1.

And like Kingbrady said..no more Racistbots or Racisticons!

5 years agoby @vanboyFlag

25. Vanboy

Yeah Ottley, bring Jazz back! I hated that part. That was actually sad, when Megatron ripped him in half. He is a machine (alien or not), so just rebuild him and give him a new body.

I hope GM has nothing to do with this. I'm hoping to see a Volkswagon Vanagon Autobot!

5 years agoby @vanboyFlag

26. RavenX5 God of Light

Ottley,theres huge pontential of one of the Autobots characers will die in the third movie,cant tell cause..well u know.

5 years agoby @hackx9Flag

27. Chad Vital

As one of thee biggest fans and supporters of Transformers, when I SAY that I'm disapointed, my friends are like 'wow' lol. I'm not one of those people who just say "that sucks" to every movie that comes out or is coming out. I like A LOT of movies, there isn't many I don't. I like more than I dislike, to be exact. I thought the first Transformers movie was so awesome I would tell everyone to go see it before it came out and talk about what Autobots and Decepticons were in the film to pump up the people I was talking to about it. It took me months to get my ex gf to watch the damn thing, cause she didn't want to see it at all lol. I was that determined. It's actually my favorite movie (idk if that's sad but it is). I like thinking movies, Transformers one plot wasn't a thinking plot, and I enjoyed it obviously. I think we overhyped Revenge of the Fallen, cause it looked soooo bad ass in the trailers. Then when you watch it, you're like "wtf is this sh*t?" Not really in a rude sounding way, but sex jokes? Why is Megatron so weak and pathetic all of a sudden but a bad ass in the first film? Why is it that only 3 Autobots can beat a whole army of Decepticons and The Fallen (who is supposedly Godly) doesn't even hurt Optimus in that fight scene, not once. It was all Prime lol. AND he was fighting Megatron too. I know Optimus was all pimped out but seriously, when he kills The Fallen and Megatron flies off with half of his face missing, you can't say you didn't say outloud "flawless victory" lol. It wasn't even a fight. It was Prime destroying these two "bad ass" Decepticons within 2 minutes or less. It wasn't as tense and fun. The fatality of Fallen was rad, but they could have made that fight scene more intense with Prime somewhat struggling against these two bad mofos lol. I think the plot was like a recycled version of the first film but they just changed the cube to that matrix of leadership key thing which was kinda lame. They couldn't have thought of anything cooler? They could have gotten rid of that key thing and just had decepticons attacking Earth in revenge (since that is what the movie was about). Easy plot right there, no need of sex jokes, no need of bringing back old characters that weren't really needed like Simmons (he's funny but not needed). Plus, fans want to see more of the famous transformers (not mudflap and what's his face). It's not that hard is it?

5 years agoby @chad-vitalFlag

28. silntbutvilnt

Diaiqma, to be honest I don't care if anyone likes the Trans movies, I just don't get why people go to these movies expecting this complex story line and all kinds of depth to the characters, when they know that isn't going to happen. Yet they go and see it anywaus and come on here and bash away. Its just funny to me is all.

5 years agoby @silntbutvilntFlag

I suggest Tidalwave to take the form of the former U.S.S. Kenndy and be a big problem in the movie to make up for Devastator
    And, this may sound crazy, but other than Unicorn, why not also bring in Primus (father of all transformers)?

30. Shadow Of The Day