Megan Fox Will Not Replace Angelina Jolie for New 'Tomb Raider' Film

It seems the rumor was shot down by Megan Fox's spokesperson.
Megan Fox Tomb Raider
Megan Fox Tomb Raider
It seems that the most successful video game adaptation franchise might be getting a new face. According to PSExtreme.com, by way of the European site MeriStation.com, Megan Fox is apparently set to replace Angelina Jolie as Lara Croft in the Tomb Raider franchise.

Of course, this has not been confirmed yet but the project is currently seeking a director. It isn't clear if a script has been written yet or if a writer has been assigned to the project.

We'll surely keep you posted on any developments of this new story.

(1/27/09 2:30 PM PST) It seems that Ms. Fox won't be Ms. Croft after all. iO9 is reporting that a spokesperson for Megan Fox has denied Fox's involvement in the potential film.

"She's not involved in the movie at all."

Lara Croft: Tomb Raider was released June 15th, 2001 and stars Angelina Jolie, Jon Voight, Iain Glen, Noah Taylor, Daniel Craig, Richard Johnson, Chris Barrie, Julian Rhind-Tutt. The film is directed by Simon West.

Sources: iO9, PSExtreme.com

Good Christ! The fact that anyone even contemplated that idea scares me.

3 years agoby @dan1Flag

2. Alyce (Uh-Lease)

i think if they replace her they need someone established...at least more than her...

5 years agoby @alyceepoohFlag

3. Diaigma

Thank you... Now cast Rhona Mitra or Alison Carroll ASAP, Carroll if at all possible. Angelina's too old for it now, and she never presented the feminine qualities of Lara we see in the games very well either. Reboot! It's worth telling!

5 years agoby @diaigmaFlag

4. KirkEpsilon

Just bring Angelina Jolie back for this one and make the story much much better...that's all that's needed

5 years agoby @kirkepsilonFlag

Thank God, no offense.

5 years agoby @narratorFlag

6. Vamp

Oh thank God. She's not going to be in it. As long as the get someone GOOD for the movie, I'm in.

5 years agoby @vampire2000Flag

7. MovieBuff

See? Just a f*cking misunderstanding. LOL You morons.... just kidding. ;)

5 years agoby @moviebuff123Flag

8. J.A.Ottley.Writer / Director

Meh i didn't proof read, lol i thought you said
    'the person who said it WASN'T tailored for Jolie was an idiot'

LOL which basically me and you made the same point, i just went into a tad bit more detail with a timeline.

But lol, what can ya do about it? :)

LOL

5 years agoby @chronicFlag

9. Vamp

IT. WAS. AMAZING. I reviewed it already, too. It's OK J.A., btw, I apologize, too. I didn't exactly know why you were shoutin' at me when I was agreeing. LOLZ! I get to go see "Rise of the Lycans" tomorrow again.

*SCREECHES*

5 years agoby @vampire2000Flag

10. J.A.Ottley.Writer / Director

LOL.

I just have to ask this oen thing,
    Why is it when people disagree on this site, why does everyone tend to believe it has to be an argument?

Also i'm gonna apologise to Vamp because me and Vamp were making the same point (games franchise of TR being around before the films and Jolie), i just realised that from reading both Moviebuff's & Vamp previous comment, but i kinda had just wrote that from waking up.
    But still that's not an excuse.

How was the film Vamp, i'm seeing it next week, review damn it review, NO SPOILERS :)

5 years agoby @chronicFlag

11. Vamp

Most of the time I do, but this time, I saw J.A.'s comment about being tailored for Angie, and I had to say it, too. Shoulda added an "I agree," but when it comes down to it, I was too worried about getting to "Underworld: Rise of the Lycans" on time.....

5 years agoby @vampire2000Flag

12. MovieBuff

Vamp and J.A.... you guys are arguing with each other for nothing.

One, Vamp flat out said: "Whoever said down there that this role was tailored for Angelina Jolie is an idiot". He was clearly talking to Perseus not J.A.

Two, it was Perseus who said: "I agree this role was tailored for Angelina, I am disapointed that she will not be reprising her role". So actually, Vamp was responding to Perseus' comment so why did J.A. respond to that.

Three, Vamp... you really do need to read all the comments below. I'm sure you hate it when someone comments the same thing you did earlier on a thread and makes it seem it was his original idea. A simple "I agree with J.A." will suffice. Just look at Agent Vis' last comment... he didn't like Stock and Lock's comment because it was exactly what he said.

Really... it's just a misunderstanding between the two of you. So here i am as a referee again haha ;) Now both of you shake hands and go back to your corners. And don't come back out fighting. haha

5 years agoby @moviebuff123Flag

13. ZanyZap

...and Angelina Jolie; I know what you're up to Club...

(just kidding)

5 years agoby @zanyzapFlag

14. Xenon

I watch this series for these things.

Acting
    good story
    For Fun
    To See them perform

5 years agoby @xenon56Flag

15. J.A.Ottley.Writer / Director

Yes i know many people only read what they wanna see, some people don't read it throughly. But i'm just saying if your going to reply to someone's comment at least read it throughly.
    But i was just pointing it out :)

Don't make me run over you with my horse ;)

5 years agoby @chronicFlag

16. ZanyZap

Of course Megan Fox doesn't think she's "beautiful." Did you hear her at the Golden Globes. "I hate my boobs. I really don't like this dress, because I'm sooo fat." Stuck up. Dishonest. Definitely Jolie.

(just kidding) Right, Megan...

5 years agoby @zanyzapFlag

17. Vamp

Get off your high horse dude, I don't read every comment posted below.

5 years agoby @vampire2000Flag

18. JR

that pic is making me juice.

5 years agoby @supbitchFlag

19. Punishment 2012

agreed Oli, it is a good choice. but will she have the strength to keep up with jolies in these movies. i dont know much about her...

5 years agoby @dizoyleFlag

20. Oli

Good choice. As long as it's not Yustman I'm okay :).

5 years agoby @reviloleeFlag

21. Lock and Stock

My arse, jolie hardly even says anything in tomb raider, fox just needs to shake her ass now and here and shut up and she'll do us all a favour, and no VIS i don't i just agree otherwise there's just not much to copy.

5 years agoby @m-man360Flag

22. J.A.Ottley.Writer / Director

Yesh thanks for the idiot comment Vamp, read my comment again and your get my point,

"Actually the character wasn't tailored for Jolie, i doubt Jolie was even known when the Tomb Raider franchise was made well her cting career started in 1993 but her first major role was 1995 and then a year later Tomb Raider was created for PS1.
    But yes as the games progressed the character began to look more like Jolie, but that was acidentially, they were actually based of the models used to advertise Tomb Raider.

But Jolie got the role due to hard similarities between herself and Tomb Raider's character and also she had more acting credibility than the models, so the studios went with her."

5 years agoby @chronicFlag

23. Vamp

Alright, "Tomb Raider" wasn't the greatest, I'll admit that, but saying it's "Sh*t" goes a bit over the top. Sh*t is anything (Except the "BloodRayne" films) done by Uwe Boll. These were good. Not spectacular or anything, but good. Angie's acting was pretty good in these, and I loved her British accent. I think if they want to do another one, then they ought to get her back for it at least. Daniel Craig was in the first, and Gerard Butler in the second, so they get great actors for these films, you know.

Whoever said down there that this role was tailored for Angelina Jolie is an idiot. "Tomb Raider" the game has been around since LONG before the movies ever came out. Yeesh.

5 years agoby @vampire2000Flag

24. T.Clark

Stock, you like to copy my opinions, don't you? You pretty much said what I said...great imagination

5 years agoby @insertusernamehereFlag

I'm sorry Vis, but I personally went for the storyline, and effects, not the actress at all, until I saw it. Jolie is perfect for it. That's all I'm saying. And Odette I think has a bit better acting skills than fox.

5 years agoby @narratorFlag

26. Lock and Stock

For sure, i agree acting is an important aspect to film, but what the hell wake up guys tomb raider is sh*t as it is so what's the need to waste out on talent whether they get Megan or Odette it's still sh*t. The reason why you watched tomb raider is because you wanted to see angies ass i believe as with every other guy or girl in the universe.....so get over your god damm self.

5 years agoby @m-man360Flag

27. J.A.Ottley.Writer / Director

ALSO NOTE THIS PEOPLE MEGAN FOX PLAYING TOMB RAIDER IS A RUMOUR.

Eidos apparently are going bankrupt and began starting talks of a new Raider movie currently and rumoured to be entitled
    'The Tomb Raider Chronicles'
    No one has been penned or cast, a storyline hasn't even been structured neither a screenwriter or director laid on the tables.

So a new TR movie is way off, especially with Eidos currently near bankrupt.

5 years agoby @chronicFlag

28. T.Clark

idk why everybody is getting fussy over the acting...Jolie wasn't great in the movies and she's Angelina Jolie. It's a hot female version of Indiana Jones, that's all it is...get over it. People didn't watch Tomb Raider for the acting, they watched it for Jolie in skin tight outfits kicking ass. Yeah, Fox isn't the greatest actress, but, uh...neither is Odette Yustman, so idk where ya pulled that one from. The only thing you can expect from these movies is a hot chick going on adventures because you're not going to get a hot babe that looks the part and expect them to give a mind blowing performance when they're wearing skin tight leather or short shorts all the while kicking people's faces...it just doesn't work that way. If you think that, you have too high of expectations

5 years agoby @insertusernamehereFlag

Vamp, Odette is Beth in Cloverfield. Maybe that rings a bell.

5 years agoby @narratorFlag