'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Gets a Full Season Order on ABC

The series starring Clark Gregg had the highest-rated drama debut in four years last month. Creator Joss Whedon's show airs Tuesday's at 8 PM.
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. gets a full season order on ABC
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. gets a full season order on ABC
ABC has picked up new hit drama Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. for a full season, it was announced today by Paul Lee, president, ABC Entertainment Group.

The series opened as TV's highest-rated drama debut in nearly 4 years (since 11/03/09) and ranks as the No. 1 new show of the 2013-14 season among Adults 18-49 (4.0 Live + Same Day rating/5.7 Live + 3 Day rating). On average, Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is No. 1 in its Tuesday, 8 o'clock time period, and has more than doubled the young adult delivery in the hour year-to-year (+150%).

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. stars Clark Gregg as Agent Phil Coulson, Ming-Na Wen as Agent Melinda May, Brett Dalton as Agent Grant Ward, Chloe Bennet as Skye, Iain De Caestecker as Agent Leo Fitz and Elizabeth Henstridge as Agent Jemma Simmons.

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Marvel's first television series, was co-created by Joss Whedon, Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen (Dollhouse, Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog), who also serve as executive producers along with Jeph Loeb (Smallville, Lost, Heroes) and Jeffrey Bell (Angel, Alias). Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is produced by ABC Studios and Marvel Television, and is broadcast in 720 Progressive (720P), ABC's selected HDTV format, with 5.1-channel surround sound.

Follow us on: Facebook, @AgentsofSHIELD #AgentsOfSHIELD

Sources: ABC

1. Nuwurldordr

Third episode was great now they just need to keep going with their own trend instead of relying on the Avengers for plot lines.

6 months agoby @nuwurldordrFlag

2. rjh094

For the longest, I couldn't find the word to describe this show. It's like a TV version of Spy Kids really. It's painfully enjoyable to watch. You know it's SHIELD and somewhere in this universe are other heroes like The Avengers so you want to watch it, but my goodness. Arrow and Supernatural are still the best in my book. Sleepy Hollow is shaping up nicely too.

6 months agoby @rjh094Flag

3. gumperman

I only watched the first episode so far and wasn't that impressed. I didn't care for the main characters much, thought the lead male actor was kinda lame, and the female actress who plays the hacker character to be kinda annoying. I hope the 2nd & 3rd episodes are better.

6 months agoby @gumpermanFlag

4. Sean

Cool. I'm looking forward to it.

6 months agoby @themoviefanaticFlag

So far I am somewhat pleased with the show. I like the characters and their interaction with each other but the storyline so far has been subpar. I hope that they can bring it all together.

6 months agoby @skywiseFlag

6. artkid04

i don't hate it too much but I don't love it either, I hope things get more interesting, but I mean this is a disney owned franchise, what can you except from a studio that caters to kids

6 months agoby @artkid04Flag

7. Xenon

the name doesn't give one hope nor does the drama since there isn't any. It's all campy with Tech.
    Besides that I like the characters however it needs to be like 24 or BSG in quality. I watched the second and third episode and they were good, just hope it gets better, if not then it's a loss cause. It might end up like Firefly- one season.

6 months agoby @xenon56Flag

8. kylenin51

Definitely the best new show of the season. I'm very happy about this and I can't wait to see more.

6 months agoby @kylenin51Flag

9. David garcia

Disney should get real writers or get the same writers from the marvel animation series from Disney XD, like Spiderman, hulk the agents of smash, or the avengers assemble. Or get the same guys who did the films.

6 months agoby @David-garcia-67788063Flag

10. Brizzy

And it sucked. Badly.
    Seriously, I can't believe they would try to justify bad episodes by having SLJ in one episode for 5 minutes..

6 months agoby @BrizzyFlag

11. jasdjqs

Third episode was the best

6 months agoby @jasdjqsFlag