'Man of Steel' Photos Reveal Non-CGI Costume of General Zod!

Take a look at Michael Shannon in character, plus Henry Cavil as Clark Kent on the Chicago set of Zack Snyder's superhero tale.
Warner Bros. recently shifted production on Man of Steel from the rural Illinois town of Plano to the metropolis of Chicago, working towards a release date of June 14, 2013. Another batch of set photos has hit the web, which show Michael Shannon in full costume as General Zod, and Henry Cavill riding a bicycle in civilian attire as Clark Kent. Click on these photos below to access our growing gallery from the Man of Steel set.

Man of Steel General Zod Photo #1
Man of Steel General Zod Photo #2
Man of Steel Clark Kent Photo #1
Man of Steel Clark Kent Photo #2

In related Man of Steel news, the movie is gearing up for a fall shoot in Vancouver, and the neighboring town of Ucluelet. Here's an excerpt of a letter to the Ucluelet municipal council from Rino Pace, a Vancouver locations manager. The title Autumn Frost is a known code name for Man of Steel.

"Autumn Frost will film in the Lower Mainland and Vancouver Island from early September through to the end of January 2012. We have been preparing the film since early spring, which includes building 'sets' in the various 'stages' in and around the Vancouver area..."

It is also said that the town of Ucluelet will double for an Alaskan fishing village in Man of Steel.

Man of Steel was released June 14th, 2013 and stars Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Michael Shannon, Diane Lane, Russell Crowe, Antje Traue, Harry Lennix, Richard Schiff. The film is directed by Zack Snyder.

1. Watson Mcflyy

@sean we'll probably see some footage during the previews for TDKR.

3 years agoby @richardislegendFlag

2. bipolarmassive

Hey! Here's an idea. When he's Clark, his hair's a dark brown, with brown eyes. For whatever reason, when he sports the uniform his hair is jet black, with blue eyes. Food for thought.

3 years agoby @addictionnonfatelFlag

3. thrashnasty190

@mickeymiami Bowling Green my friend, not far away from ya at all.

3 years agoby @thrashnasty190Flag

4. Mickeymiami

@thrashnasty190 from Lexington here, yourself??

3 years agoby @mickeymiamiFlag

@bawnian-dexeus Well, for now all you get is a scene where Clark will be riding a bicycle.

3 years agoby @ejk1Flag

@ejk1@superman81 I would however like to see an image of him ripping his shirt open to reveal the big S. Simply just to see how big he looks with regular attire over his suit, which without a doubt will be edited to make sure he doesn't look ridiculously bulked in his day to day clothing

7. Sean

@mrfixit
    It will be a while until a teaser trailer is released, considering that this movie is not coming out until June 14th 2013.

3 years agoby @themoviefanaticFlag

8. Mr. Fixit

I'll just keep shaking my head until they show me something that changes my mind.

3 years agoby @mrfixitFlag

9. Mr. Fixit

Sorry, Guys, but it's looking more and more like a major pass on this movie to me at THIS point. I will keep hope that a good teaser trailer will change my mind.

3 years agoby @mrfixitFlag

10. FilmsLobby.Com

nice movie...................

3 years agoby @filmslobbyFlag

@superman81 There isn't anything to bash here. Everything in these pics looks alright. But that wasn't the reason I didn't post here yesterday. I have been trying to take a break from looking at TDKR and Avenger stories so as not to spoil anything, and I decided to do the same with Man Of Steel. After the last batch of pictures where it looked to me like this was possibly going to be a retread of Superman 2, I decided to wait until I saw something special before I commented. I wouldn't expect a trailer of any kind for a while. December of this year is still about 18 months from the film's release.

3 years agoby @ejk1Flag

12. Superman81

where is @ejk1? I figured he would be all over this. He is always usually the first one to say how these pics arent much and this doesnt tell us anything. I miss his constant bashing of this movie even though from what we have seen so far its shaping up to be pretty good. At least visual wise anyways. I hope a teaser trailer will be released sometime soon or this December perhaps.

3 years agoby @superman81Flag

13. Billy Bannister

Henery Cavill almost looks like Christopher reeve. Freaky even though reeves superman has no connection with the new reboot.

3 years agoby @Billy-BannisterFlag

14. Manuelzinho

I just realised Henry Cavill could actually play also Commander Sheperd..... has that face for it. just see him with short short hair and would actually be pretty bad ass shep. epic

3 years agoby @mannishmanuFlag

15. Sean

@cupid
    Yes, it certainly is.

3 years agoby @themoviefanaticFlag

16. CUPID

This movie is going to be f*cking awesome!!

3 years agoby @cupidFlag

17. thrashnasty190

@mickeymiami Finally aomeone from good ol' Kantucky lol where ya from?

3 years agoby @thrashnasty190Flag

18. Mickeymiami

Looking good!!! @thrashnasty190... as a fellow Kentuckian, I shall kneel. lol

3 years agoby @mickeymiamiFlag

19. The Boondock Saint

oooooh okay. that makes sense. that is kinda cool actually.

3 years agoby @combatmadness360Flag

20. thrashnasty190

Kneel before my fellow Kentuckian!!!

3 years agoby @thrashnasty190Flag

21. J.P.

@combatmadness360 No. It is Superman's suit, just black and with the Zod's house symbol. In this film, those suits will be like some form of krypton bodysuit used for battle.

3 years agoby @jptheredskullFlag

22. ROFLitschristian

What's up with everyone's costumes looking like they're tight and rubbery?

3 years agoby @ROFLitschristianFlag

23. Superman81

Yea I like how his Kryptonian suit will have his house symbol like Superman's does. This movie is looking better and better. I cant wait for a trailer

3 years agoby @superman81Flag

24. The Boondock Saint

is it just me, or does that suit look exactly like the superman suit, except in black?

3 years agoby @combatmadness360Flag

25. m2

I really have faith in this.lol

3 years agoby @m2Flag

26. Josh

Michael Shannon is such a BAMF.

3 years agoby @shuabertFlag

27. Zyclops

why is clark kent not wearing his glasses

3 years agoby @zyclopsFlag

28. Manuelzinho

@felipe-11 i think your right man - also you can just make out hes got a symbol mark on his chest too. if Zack snyder is doing it by family names mark should be epic as the S is for the family of L etc so should look badass. makes sense. or could be used in the movie as a war suit or something in krypton and superman adopts his and wears it with colours. possibilites are all there but hopefully nothing ott to draw away from main story. touches like that are epic to add on. like it.

3 years agoby @mannishmanuFlag

29. bud2fresh

DAMN June 2013!! Why not Christmas 2012? Make it happen Santa and i promise i wont ask for anything else. (fingers crossed) ;)

3 years agoby @bud2freshFlag