'Man of Steel' Photos Reveal Henry Cavill with His Superman Curl!

The actor also offers new details on his weight training program and wearing the new Superman costume.
Have you been wondering what Henry Cavill will look like with Clark Kent's iconic hair curl in Zack Snyder's Man of Steel reboot? Well, wonder no more as the actor was spotted sporting his new Superman hairdo at SDCC 2011. Check him out below, along with new details Henry Cavill spilled about his workout regime and his new Superman costume.

Henry Cavill with Superman Curl on the Man of Steel Set #1
Henry Cavill with Superman Curl on the Man of Steel Set #2

Henry Cavill recently spoke out on playing DC Comics' iconic hero Superman, revealing his thoughts on wearing the new super suit.

"It's extremely cool. There's no other feeling like it. They just put it on, I turned around and look in the mirror and you can't really play it cool - you sort of guffaw and laugh. I thought 'OK, holy hell, this is real, it's not a joke anymore. This is it...you're doing it, you're right in the middle of it."

Henry Cavill also spoke about the work out regime he is currently on.

"I'm on 5000 calories a day... You've got to eat protein first, then a little bit of carbs...you've gotta keep your hunger levels going. I'm training two and a half hours a day, pushing my body beyond its normal limits, putting on a lot of muscle mass and just making myself look like Superman."

While Henry Cavill couldn't divulge any story details, he did part with these words.

"[I am focused on] being as true as I can be to the original character and who the character is. I'm very proud to be British and playing an iconic American superhero...it means I'm doing something right somewhere."

Man of Steel was released June 14th, 2013 and stars Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Michael Shannon, Diane Lane, Russell Crowe, Antje Traue, Harry Lennix, Richard Schiff. The film is directed by Zack Snyder.

Sources: Moviehole, Total Film

1. Joseph Oakes

judging from the picture that's been released, there's a chance that he may not have the curl at all in the movie, which would upset me quite a bit due how iconic that part of his look is as it is almost the entire transformation from clark kent to superman. But either way, i really look forward to seeing the movie.

3 years agoby @Joseph-OakesFlag

2. Salem6777

sweet!

3 years agoby @Salem6777Flag

3. Monkeyiron 2.0

@addictionnonfatel Sure u r and I'm Batman and How the hell I spoiled the movie....Everybody knows Clark Kent is SuperMan

3 years agoby @monkeyiron2-0Flag

4. bipolarmassive

@monkeyiron2-0 I Am From Metropolis!

3 years agoby @addictionnonfatelFlag

5. Sean

@SonOfOne41
    I doubt that, that curl would look that way in the "Man of Steel" movie. They'll make it seem smaller in the movie somehow, or he'll get a haircut and he'll basically have a shorter version of that same haircut he has in the images above, that we'll see in the "Man of Steel" movie.

3 years agoby @themoviefanaticFlag

6. Superman81

I'm sure once the movie gets going his hair will be fixed. This was just something he did at comic con and aren't the final look for his superman look. But from what I am seeing he looks like he is going to nail this role.

3 years agoby @superman81Flag

7. moviegeek

Ehh.. not liking the look so far.

3 years agoby @moviegeekFlag

8. bipolarmassive

So long as they decided not to continue with Brandon Routh and instead go with British actor Henry Cavill, I'm all for it! Sure he has a different look from the others before him, but that's the whole point. It's a reboot, not a remake. I think Cavills's current look for the role is perfect! It's the closest look to how Superman is portrayed in the comics. I am pretty jazzed and wish we didn't have to wait two years to see it!

3 years agoby @addictionnonfatelFlag

9. SonOfOne41

I hate the curl, makes him look like a boyscout. I'd rather have a darker, realistic superman than a goody two-shoes one.

3 years agoby @SonOfOne41Flag

10. Gina39

the only thing that i hate about superman is that superman view of the human race is that they are weak he even uses the human race as his alter ego. but what i dont understand is that if superman believes that the human race is so weak to the point that you are using it as your alter ego to hide from the world and his enemies than how come batman and lex luthor are the only humans that can kick his a*s.

3 years agoby @gina39Flag

11. Gina39

i do agree withe rjh and ejk...he does look like a interesting superman choice and whether he is good yet to be determined. but i think they much be going for a younger version of superman because he doesnt look very big in this movie, he doesnt really need the superman curl looks kinda weird on this actor. i hope that batman makes it in this movie . others interesting by i need a trailer to judge the movie.

3 years agoby @gina39Flag

12. rjh094

yes! we finally have a decent superman!

3 years agoby @rjh094Flag

He certainly looks the part. Whether or not he will be good is yet to be determined.

3 years agoby @ejk1Flag

14. Monkeyiron 2.0

@addictionnonfatel and cupid I mean people in Metroplis

3 years agoby @monkeyiron2-0Flag

15. bipolarmassive

@monkeyiron2-0 SAY WHAT!?! You mean to tell me that Clark Kent and Superman are one and the same? Thanks a lot dude! I had no idea! You couldn't allow me and others to watch the movie to find that out? Thanks for ruining it! I'm having back flashes to 7 months ago when I was made aware that Santa Claus isn't real. What's wrong with you!?!

3 years agoby @addictionnonfatelFlag

16. CUPID

Very cool news, this is turning out great so far.

@monkeyiron2-0 Not the smartest question to ask man.

3 years agoby @cupidFlag

17. bipolarmassive

Bros Got A Fro!

3 years agoby @addictionnonfatelFlag

18. Sanyi Bálint

Since Christopher Reeve played Superman, the producers choosen a Reeve-type looking actor for Superman in other Superman films... except Dean Cain

3 years agoby @Sanyi-BlintFlag

19. Sanyi Bálint

I could imagine Laurence's role as Howard Stern, who is the former owner of the Daily Planet before Perry will be an editor....

3 years agoby @Sanyi-BlintFlag

20. Sanyi Bálint

He reminds me of Gerard Christopher from the Superboy series, but from his nowadays look-like. Laurence Fisburne played Perry White? What a f..?

3 years agoby @Sanyi-BlintFlag

21. Sean

@insertusernamehere
    His hair will probably look more normal in the movie.

3 years agoby @themoviefanaticFlag

Supes needs a very, very clean shave

23. Newtron

I didn't realize Henry Cavill was such a big dude. That's a plus for playing Superman.

3 years agoby @newtronFlag

24. T.Clark

He needs a haircut, but let's just hope he acts the part well.

3 years agoby @insertusernamehereFlag

25. Rufio

not a big fan of the hair. a little too much hair, imo. outside that, i'm stoked about cavill being cast. look forward to this!

3 years agoby @rufioFlag

26. Monkeyiron 2.0

can some1 explain 2 me how the hell people in the DC universe never knew that Clark Kent is Superman. I mean He takes off his glasses and mess up his hail a little bit and ther you go Superman!!!

3 years agoby @monkeyiron2-0Flag

27. LuxoIII

Wow, he DOES look like Superman! But can he act like Superman?

3 years agoby @brady1138Flag

28. ridgl

I still think Brandon Routh was good.

3 years agoby @ridglFlag

29. ridgl

you may have a curl, Mr. Cavill. but you are not Superman yet. I'm waiting for a full costumed pic.

3 years agoby @ridglFlag