'Man of Steel' Magazine Cover with Henry Cavill in Full Superman Costume

The actor is seen showing off Superman's new sleeves in this photo from Studio Cine Live.
We are exactly seven months and one week away from the theatrical debut of Man of Steel, arriving in theaters next June. The folks over at the French publication Studio Cine Live are showcasing Superman himself, Henry Cavill, on the cover of their latest issue, in full costume. The photo also highlights an intriguing detail on the sleeves of his costume, the meaning or purpose of which escapes us at the moment. Take a look at this latest shot of your new Superman from director Zack Snyder's action-adventure.

Man of Steel Studio Cine Live Magazine cover

Man of Steel was released June 14th, 2013 and stars Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Michael Shannon, Diane Lane, Russell Crowe, Antje Traue, Harry Lennix, Richard Schiff. The film is directed by Zack Snyder.

Sources: Bleeding Cool

That's a point, @bawnian-dexeus. Some will agree with the new costume trend, others won't. I personally don't care much for Flash's new look in "Injustice", but I may be in the minority. As for Cavill, I really wish I could have seen that photo, but I'll take your word for it. And lastly, I find it the contrasting opposite for myself. Each actor simply focuses on specific aspects of these iconic characters that span decades. So, in a way, they are all proper and true adaptions. They just never manage to capture the whole thing. Just look at Ledger's Joker as an example.

2 years agoby @narratorFlag

2. Sean

@Roberto-Mata I think that what a two part film is like when Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows was split into two movies.

2 years agoby @themoviefanaticFlag

3. ROFLitschristian

All the pink is throwing me off.

2 years agoby @ROFLitschristianFlag

4. Roberto Mata

@themoviefanatic Total Recall is good, not great, but is enjoyable, a popcorn film as for Resident Evil, in my opinion is more of the same, it looked like they were desperate to make money, but that's me. Next year is going to be big a lot of movies coming out, oh yes I forgot, I just got news from Prometheus 2 is going to be a two part film, whatever that means.

2 years agoby @Roberto-MataFlag

Meh.

2 years agoby @dan1Flag

6. Sean

@Roberto-Mata Cool! That's a good top 10 list you have! Oh and, i just realized that i forgot to included Skyfall on my list below, lol :P . I would put Skyfall between where i put Prometheus and Snow White and the Huntsman on my list.

2 years agoby @themoviefanaticFlag

7. Roberto Mata

@themoviefanatic My top movies are of 2012 are:
    1. The Dark Knight Rises 10/10
    2. The Avengers 8/10
    3. The Amazing Spider-Man 8/10
    4. Looper 8/10
    5. Skyfall 8/10
    6. Prometheus 8/10
    7. Argo 8/10
    8. The Hunger Games 7/10
    9. The Bourne Legacy 6.8/10
    10. Taken 2 6.7/10
    and now waiting for: Jack Reacher/ Les Miserables/ Django Unchained/ The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

2 years agoby @Roberto-MataFlag

8. Sean

@Roberto-Mata Yes, of course the answer would be The Dark Knight Rises, that is completely better then Twilight: Breaking dawn part 2!!! My top movies of 2012 would have to be...
    1)The Avengers
    2)The Dark Knight Rises
    3)Prometheus
    4)Snow White and the Huntsman
    5)Men in Black 3
    6)Wrath of the Titans
    7)Dark Shadows
    8)Battleship
    ...And as you can see, the Total Recall remake and Resident Evil: Retribution are not included in the list of movies above, because i unfortunately did not get a chance to see those two movies in theaters.

2 years agoby @themoviefanaticFlag

9. Ghostman

I was never a huge Superman fan, but goddamn, this movie is turning me into one!

2 years agoby @ghostmanFlag

@narrator As for Cavill, there was a set picture of him standing in a crater and though it was a blurry, he looked A LOT like Reeves. As for my ideal actor for Superman, and given that I grew up watching Reeve's first, the ideal live action Supes would be someone who resembles Reeves but sounds like Tim Daly.

On a separate note, there are times where I find it hard for anyone to be perfect for the role of any superhero.

11. Roberto Mata

@themoviefanatic I was just asked on the IMDB board, which movie is better Twilight: BD Part 2 or The Dark Knight Rises? I think every freaking person in whole world knows the obvious answer The Dark Knight Rises!!!! now that the years is ending which are your top movies of 2012?

2 years agoby @Roberto-MataFlag

@narrator Regardless, I'm digging the new look. NEver liked Batas or Supes with the underwear. Spandex is dead and now armor suits are in. Looks even better on Flash

@bawnian-dexeus I believe it was the latter. DC opened the doors to Goyer, and he saw what they had planned for the next few months or years, and he worked some of that information (costume included, perhaps) into the script. That, or Wilkinson really did his homework and approached the editors of the New 52 Supe's, and got into it with them. Idk, man. :P At least you're not asking for a release date.

2 years agoby @narratorFlag

@narrator Ok, so coincidence? Or maybe while DC was brewing their reboot they were attracted by the concept designs? Good lord I sound like Sean.

15. Superman81

Henry Cavill was born to play Superman. He had the physical appearance down. The only thing missing is the curl in his hair but I got over that a long time ago. He is and I'm hoping will be the best Superman ever portrayed.

2 years agoby @superman81Flag

16. ChiRep_1

Has any suit ever looked good on a magazine cover?? Think Spiderman, Catwoman, and the oh so lovely Green Lantern suit (sarcasm). Single frames on a backdrop never look as good as a post production shot in some context. Hell, if post could make a suit as ugly as Dredd look passable we have nothing to worry about.... Plus for the record, I think the suit looks great

Those are my two cents, time to get back to studying =P

2 years agoby @ChiRep-1Flag

I also love how no one has commented on the actor himself, as to whether or not Cavill looks anything like Reeves (which I personally don't feel he does) or if he even resembles our favorite Big Blue (again, not too sure from this photo).

2 years agoby @narratorFlag

Hmmm, I'm definitely acclimating to this new look, and liking it. The costume here is all Michael Wilkinson, folks. Seeing as how he did the costume design for films like Babel, Tron: Legacy, 300, Watchmen, Sucker Punch, and now Noah, I feel we're in very good hands.

True, but this film was in production before Flashpoint ever happened and the new 52 launched, @bawnian-dexeus.

Lol, @phatalphd.

2 years agoby @narratorFlag

19. Rodney Roover

awesome

2 years agoby @Rodney-RooverFlag

20. Sean

@Roberto-Mata Yeah i think so too, that the trailer and costume say otherwise.

2 years agoby @themoviefanaticFlag

21. Roberto Mata

@themoviefanatic I trust Henry Cavill to give a great perfomance and Nolan said the film has a lighter tone but the trailer preview and costume, say otherwise.

2 years agoby @Roberto-MataFlag

22. Sean

@Roberto-Mata That's what i'm thinking. It's dark and different.

2 years agoby @themoviefanaticFlag

23. ridgl

not to nit-pick but I wouldn't call this the "full costume"

2 years agoby @ridglFlag

I like the new look. But the New 52 suit looks more armor than this, just saying.

25. zeus

@phatalphd LOL

2 years agoby @zeusFlag

26. phatalphd

why is everyone so hung up on the suit. who cares, its superman. dude could be naked picking up a mountain, and it'd still look badass. Making fanboys sound like a bunch of fashionistas.

2 years agoby @phatalphdFlag

27. zeus

I honestly believe this is just for starters, we're gonna see the red pants in the sequel!!!

2 years agoby @zeusFlag

28. SpaceCowboy

Ugh... I hate overly embossed and patterned costumes. But, that's how most superhero costumes are today.

2 years agoby @SpaceCowboyFlag