'Man of Steel' Empire Cover and Photos with Superman, Zod, and Jor-El

Henry Cavill, Russell Crowe, and Michael Shannon are seen in this latest look at Zack Snyder's upcoming reboot.
This week's issue of Empire Magazine features a cover story on Man of Steel. We have two versions of the cover featuring Henry Cavill as Superman (one of which is cover-line free), along with a new photo of Russell Crowe as Superman's father Jor-El, and one of Michael Shannon as the villain Zod. Check out this latest look at Zack Snyder's DC Comics reboot.

Man of Steel Empire Cover 1
Man of Steel Cover 2
Man of Steel Zod Photo
Man of Steel Jor-El Photo

Man of Steel was released June 14th, 2013 and stars Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Michael Shannon, Diane Lane, Russell Crowe, Antje Traue, Harry Lennix, Richard Schiff. The film is directed by Zack Snyder.

Sources: Empire Online

1. Corey W.

F*cking badass.

1 year agoby @coreyFlag

2. Superman81

Very nice! its good to see more of Zod. I look forward to seeing Crowe playing Jor-El. I think he can bring more depth to the character than Brando did. I think this movie is going to live up to the hype and be one of (if not) the biggest movie of 2013

1 year agoby @superman81Flag

3. T. King (Red Camera Man)

This is my most anticipated film to see next summer! Awesome photos, by the way (especially Henry Cavill in costume)! :-)

1 year agoby @redcameramanFlag

@felipe-11 I don't quite understand it, either. If one were to go back to the article where it was stated that Snyder landed the project, you'd see the majority of the people cheering him on, especially with Nolan's producing credit announced. Nothing has changed, and if anything, the people complaining about it likely being another mindless Snyder slow-mo fest have even less to complain about after watching the trailer, which showed an apt amount of development and not a single frame of slow-mo. Yet, for some reason, more and more people are jumping the bandwagon of doubt, with some very weak supporting points. Granted, I remain skeptical over certain parts of the film, but I don't let that get in the way of some of the quality stuff I' m seeing. As for the TDK trilogy, I'd rather not compare the properties. They're very different films in very different film worlds. I like it better that way.

1 year agoby @narratorFlag

5. Replicant

And the suit looks amazing. Anyone notice how the "S" looks yellow from the front but kinda black from the sides? Pretty cool.

1 year agoby @felipe-11Flag

6. Replicant

@narrator Same here, after Inception I kinda stopped being excited for the [back then unannounced] Dark Knight sequel, I wanna see what other gems the Nolan bros. have locked up in those minds!

I actually think this is going to be much better than the Batman trilogy (which I love). Snyder is a big boy, he knows what he's doing, he loves comic books, he knows action, and the trailer shows that story and character take the main stage on this one, so I can't understand why people are so bitchy about this...

1 year agoby @felipe-11Flag

7. Sean

@phatalphd Same here!!!

1 year agoby @themoviefanaticFlag

8. phatalphd

I can't wait to see the Krypton scenes!!!!!

1 year agoby @phatalphdFlag

9. ROFLitschristian

I actually really hate the cover, but I have to give it the thumbs up because it suits Superman so well.

1 year agoby @ROFLitschristianFlag

10. Julián Dylan

Nooo!! What it is means with David Lynch's "the final interview"??

1 year agoby @Julin-DylanFlag

11. aoshi

I'm not ecstatic about it, but this and IM3 seems to be the best the summer has to offer. Hopefully they won't overdo the psychological aspect.

1 year agoby @aoshiFlag

@narrator

1. In the first tease picture with him recovering inside the bank, the suit looked like wrapping paper.

2. When the picture was blown up, it seemed like his tailor was also responsible for Aquaman's suit.

3. The wrist bands would go well with the color red, since it's in line with the New 52.

4. Is it me, or did the S in the front eat the S in the back and forgot to shed some libs?

Overall, the dark colors, cinematography and polished work toned down the problems by a good amount.

1 year agoby @bawnian-dexeusFlag

13. CelluloidDreams

Russell Crowe looks like he stepped off the set of "Gladiator'.

1 year agoby @2movieguysFlag

@bawnian-dexeus@dan1 - I see Nolan's lack of involvement as a good thing at the moment. Lol. After The Dark Knight Rises, I'm hoping he has little to do with comic-book films in general, and sticks to his amazing original pieces with his brother. Let Goyer and Snyder take the fall for this, should it fall in the first place. Likewise, if it works, let them be the ones to receive the praise and not Nolan.

1 year agoby @narratorFlag

That arm is jacked, and the suit makes it looks scaly... Cool.

Out of curiosity, @bawnian-dexeus, what were those problems?

1 year agoby @narratorFlag

@bawnian-dexeus As they shouldn't be. Nolan's involvement is very limited. Smart bunch of people.

@thedude-abides Agreed.

1 year agoby @dan1Flag

17. MovieManiac

Can't wait. Have said this multiple times but I love the direction this film is going in.

1 year agoby @moviemaniac66Flag

@thedude-abides You and 50 students in one of my FTV classes. They liked the teaser and were teased, but most of them still have Superman Returns holding them back, and aren't completely sold on Nolan's name slapped on the trailer

1 year agoby @bawnian-dexeusFlag

19. thedude-abides

@bawnian-dexeus Well, I mean in terms of my skepticism. I'm still not sold on this one by any stretch.

1 year agoby @thedude-abidesFlag

20. thedude-abides

Waiting for another trailer

1 year agoby @thedude-abidesFlag

My problems with the suit just reduced a bit

1 year agoby @bawnian-dexeusFlag