'Maleficent' Poster with Angelina Jolie

Maleficent faces an epic battle against an invading king's successor in this prequel to Disney's 1959 animated classic 'Sleeping Beauty'.
We have your first look at the poster for Disney's Maleficent, featuring Angelina Jolie as the iconic villain from the 1959 animated classic Sleeping Beauty.

Maleficent Poster

Maleficent is the untold story of Disney's most iconic villain from the 1959 classic Sleeping Beauty. A beautiful, pure-hearted young woman, Maleficent has an idyllic life growing up in a peaceable forest kingdom, until one day when an invading army threatens the harmony of the land. Maleficent rises to be the land's fiercest protector, but she ultimately suffers a ruthless betrayal, an act that begins to turn her pure heart to stone. Bent on revenge, Maleficent faces an epic battle with the invading king's successor and, as a result, places a curse upon his newborn infant Aurora. As the child grows, Maleficent realizes that Aurora holds the key to peace in the kingdom, and perhaps to Maleficent's true happiness as well.

Maleficent was released May 30th, 2014 and stars Angelina Jolie, Elle Fanning, Sharlto Copley, Lesley Manville, Imelda Staunton, Juno Temple, Sam Riley, Brenton Thwaites. The film is directed by Robert Stromberg.

1. Sean

@ChiRep-1 I just happened to be the one who provided this fan-made poster for movieweb, nothing more then that. No, I'm not embarrassing myself at all.

2. Chris Christodoulou

Hello @ChiRep-1 is there an article from Disney commenting on my above design?Where can I find it?Thanks

11 months agoby @Chris-ChristodoulouFlag

3. ChiRep_1

Saw a Disney article was the top commented story of the week, instantly knew it was from a redundant flame war between @themoviefanatic and the Movieweb community.. Nailed it!

Sean, stop embarrassing yourself.

11 months agoby @ChiRep-1Flag

4. Sean

@the-crow2k I don't think Disney is ruining them and I don't think they'll ruin Maleficent. The only movie of the ones you mentioned, that I agree is ruined is that Snow White movie called Mirror Mirror.

5. The_Crow2k

@themoviefanatic I'm well aware of it. I was addressing the issue that they are ruining classic films with awful prequels and remakes.

11 months agoby @the-crow2kFlag

6. Chris Christodoulou

@balanorange Please do re-titled as Fan-Made Poster and needs to be used as seen on my behance profile which is without the logo (www.behance.net/gallery/Personal-Project-on-Maleficent-Promotional-Movie-Poster/10328381).Big Studios as this one are really strict with their copyrights.Please do so immediately.Thanks

11 months agoby @Chris-ChristodoulouFlag

7. Sean

@balanorange It looks like the title of this article should be re-titled as 'Fan-made Maleficent Poster with Angelina Jolie', because Chris Christodoulou has proved that he made it himself.

8. Sean

@the-crow2k Mirror Mirror and Snow White and the Huntsman were not Disney movies.

9. The_Crow2k

Nice...they continue to ruin the classics. First they had 'Alice In Wonderland', afterwards had 2 crappy 'Snow white', following by mediocre 'Oz' and now this ....

11 months agoby @the-crow2kFlag

10. Sean

@moviegeek Unfortunately, It is :( .

11. Sean

@felipe-11 I do as well. I think it already has those final touches. It just looks that good! It's going to be interesting though, to see what movie poster Disney comes up with for Maleficent, and I bet its going to a lot like Chris's awesome poster :) .

12. moviegeek

I feel like this is fake.

11 months agoby @moviegeekFlag

13. Chris Christodoulou

@NickPass Thanks man for appreciate and embracing my design.

11 months agoby @Chris-ChristodoulouFlag

14. Replicant

@themoviefanatic I think it's really good, but it lacks the final touches that only an official poster can have. It's easier for a graphic designer to work from a picture of Angelina WITH all the makeup/costume (that the official design team would have access to) and add to it, than having to create the makeup/costume from scratch from a random picture of her. Chris did a great job for the resources he had.

11 months agoby @felipe-11Flag

15. NickPass

and here the behance with details.

11 months agoby @NickPassFlag

16. Sean

Here's a pretty good large size version of the poster shown above, for those who want to see a larger version of Chris Christodoulou's awesome fan made poster for Maleficent :) -> http://www.deviantart.com/art/Maleficent-Angelina-Jolie-393028990 . If the image doesn't come up big when first going to the webpage, just click on the poster on the webpage in the link and that should make it larger.

17. NickPass

Actually movieweb has to make a comment ..for starters backup this guy chris and second tell us where did they get it ?

11 months agoby @NickPassFlag

18. NickPass

here .see this
    www.behance.net/c2chris2

11 months agoby @NickPassFlag

19. NickPass

Did the research..Yes is actually made by Chris Christodoulou you all. its a fan made. This is the actually were it came from. From behance website...search for c2chris2
    Good job man. You have played us all ,even MovieWeb

11 months agoby @NickPassFlag

20. Chris Christodoulou

@felipe-11 thanks dude for appreciating my work

11 months agoby @Chris-ChristodoulouFlag

21. Sean

@felipe-11 That's interesting. I did not know that. What do you think of Chris Christodoulou's fan made Maleficent teaser poster that's shown above ?

22. Replicant

@themoviefanatic From what I've seen usually the people who "sign" their posters are amateurs who are just starting out or just fanboys who get too excited about showing off their work. Most of these types of projects at sites like Behance go unsigned because there's really no need to sign them since they're already on your site.

I'm a graphic designer too, I've made some "fan made" posters and they're not signed.

www.behance.net/fca

@Chris-Christodoulou You know you've done a nice job when you've fooled a bunch of people online :P Nice work!

11 months agoby @felipe-11Flag

23. EmmyttWolfe

ugh...

11 months agoby @EmmyttWolfeFlag

24. Sean

@Chris-Christodoulou Even though you didn't add a watermark on this poster that you made, I think you really did a wonderful job on it! Have you ever tried to get a job at Disney to make their movie posters for their big live action movies? I think they should higher you ! :) .

25. Sean

@sati 99% Percent of fan made posters usually do have marks on them, from the creator of the poster and this one does not have a single one on it. That's part of the reason I was sure that it was authentic. Why don't you add a watermark signature on them?

26. Sati

Sean, I make graphic design projects, I make various posters, gifs, images. Not once did I put a watermark or 'signature' on them.

11 months agoby @satiFlag

27. Sean

@Chris-Christodoulou If it truly is your fan-made poster as you claim it to be, then here's my question for you regarding that: If it is fan-made or fake or whatever you want to call it, then why doesn't it have your signature on it like how 99% percent of fan-made movie posters usually have on them?

28. Chris Christodoulou

@themoviefanatic please stop because you are embarrassing yourself.Deviantart and Behance websites are design sites for for professional people to promote their work and gain exposure.Cleary you are lacking of design knowledge and how the whole design networking works.

11 months agoby @Chris-ChristodoulouFlag

29. Chris Christodoulou

@gumperman thanks for the Good Job comment

11 months agoby @Chris-ChristodoulouFlag

30. Sean

@sati I don't believe him because there's just no way what so ever that, that particular poster is fake or fan-made or what ever! I mean look at it! It's just way to good to be a fake, even if someone 'claims' to be the designer of that poster! I don't want to be suckered into believing that someone who doesn't work for Disney made that poster.