'Mad Men' Offers Mel Gibson a Comeback Role!

The embattled actor has met with series creator Matthew Weiner about a potential guest-starring arc in Season 5.
Is Mel Gibson joining Mad Men?
Is Mel Gibson joining Mad Men?
Women of the Web is reporting an intriguing rumor that controversial actor Mel Gibson could be in talks for a guest-starring role on Mad Men next season.

The site reports that Mel Gibson has met with Mad Men creator Matthew Weiner about the possibility of a guest-starring arc in Season 5, which will begin production next July. It was said that Mel Gibson is a huge fan of the Emmy-winning AMC series.

There wasn't any word on what kind of role Mel Gibson might play in Season 5, but we'll be sure to keep you posted with any updates on Gibson joining Mad Men as soon as we have that information.

Mad Men stars Jon Hamm, Elisabeth Moss, Vincent Kartheiser, Christina Hendricks, January Jones, Aaron Staton, John Slattery and Jared Harris. Mad Men airs its all new Season 4 episodes on Sunday nights at 10 PM ET on AMC.

Sources: Women of the Web

1. Goodbye

@Daveactor7:It's okay.I missed the very first episode and the second because I had to work lol.But it's okay.

4 years agoby @drifter49Flag

2. Emmytt

good

4 years agoby @emmyttFlag

3. Writer220

I've heard good things about Mad Men, I might watch a hand full of episodes to try it out.

4 years agoby @writer220Flag

4. incmob

we have all heard the tapes, we have all seen the headlines of his drunken stupor a few years ago, however, i still think mel is a viable commodity and a great actor... loved edge of darkness. @Todd89, i agree, we all have flaws, and there are plenty of normal people with the same behaviors that get unoticed, mel is celebrity and i think the media just eats it up to sell as much dirt on them as possible, but back to topic, i havent seen the show but would be worth checking out if he is actually going to commit to this.

4 years agoby @incmobFlag

5. Remy72883

I have been a fan of Mel's for as long as i remember and those tapes didn't change any of that, i mean were all human and who hasn't been hammered and said some dumb sh*t here and their, and i thought Edge of Darkness was a great movie and as always cant wait to look forward to his future projects,

4 years agoby @remy72883Flag

6. Writer220

I've never seen Mel in anything bad, I've always enjoyed his films. Sure he's flawed like the rest of us but it doesn't mean he needs a comeback, why would he do a comeback. It's like asking Will Smith to come back to reality, but that's an whole other issuer.

4 years agoby @writer220Flag

7. Daveactor7

wat do u think of "rubicon" though?

4 years agoby @daveactor7Flag

8. Goodbye

@Daveactor7:I'm glad it's won best drama three years in a row.Like Messenger said,it's well made but boring.I have tried time and again to watch it.Just couldnt.I got bored with it.Why I couldnt tell you.

4 years agoby @drifter49Flag

9. Messenger

I respect the fact that it is a extremely well made show but it is boring. I know it sounds like a contradiction but when you think about it, it's not.

I still have mixed feelings on Mel, he's screwed a lot in the last few years.

4 years agoby @messengerFlag

10. Daveactor7

@Drifter boring?! this has won best drama three years in a row

4 years agoby @daveactor7Flag

11. TheDude1

@youngrizo This would sort of be a comeback role for Mel. Him yelling and screaming on those tapes did not happen til after Edge of Darkness was released so really he kind of needs another comeback role. If everything was okay like you are sort of saying that that movie with him and Jodie Foster called The Beaver would have been released by now instead of being delayed.

4 years agoby @thedude1Flag

12. boosta

I like mel and edge of darkness was f*cking great! though they dont broadcast the show in belgium, but i've heard great things about it. I dont think mel that needs a comeback, hes supposedly 'a bad actor' just because of his opions. Like most of the people dont use the racial words he does, or has the same opionion about jews as he does. Just because hes famous hes falling out, like Paulie 'Walnuts' Gualtieri often says: 'Get the f*ck outta here!'

4 years agoby @ridvaruFlag

13. Diaigma

Gibson is this era's Grant :P

4 years agoby @diaigmaFlag

14. I AM FRATSON

I dont care what he has done or said. Mel Gibson is the sh*t and is still good in my book.

@youngrizo - agreed. Darkness proved he hasnt lost a beat.

4 years agoby @iamfratsonFlag

15. Cripple

I would be totally down for seeing him in Mad Men. @Err, right in the same alley as you, never watched, but wanted to.

4 years agoby @crippleFlag

16. Err

yay.
    i've actually have never seen mad men, but this would be just one more reason for me to get on the ball.

4 years agoby @err2005Flag

17. Brian

So badass! Let's see it! And yeah, totally agree @yohanne-mwale... Mel needs no comeback! He's been here the whole time!

4 years agoby @brianFlag

18. Youngrizo

Mel Gibson needing a comeback role? am I the only one who saw Edge of Darkness?

4 years agoby @youngrizoFlag

19. The Soylent Green Monkey

I luv Mel Gibson! :D

4 years agoby @soylentgreen2Flag

The name of the show certainly fits him lol. I'd watch it. Regardless of his personal life, I still think he's a good actor and has entertained me for years.

4 years agoby @dan1Flag

21. Goodbye

Though I find this series boring.I think it would be a mistake to do this.

4 years agoby @drifter49Flag