'Mad Max: Fury Road' Lands Rosie Huntington-Whiteley

The 'Transformers: Dark of the Moon' star will play one of Tom Hardy's five wives in director George Miller's apocalyptic reboot.
Transformers: Dark of the Moon star Rosie Huntington-Whiteley has joined the cast of Mad Max: Fury Road for director George Miller.

The actress will play one of the five wives held by Tom Hardy's Max Rockatansky. Zoë Kravitz and Riley Keough are portraying two of the other spouses. Charlize Theron, Teresa Palmer, Nicholas Hoult, and Adelaide Clemens also star.

Production is scheduled to begin next month in Africa. We reported last March that the director plans to shoot both Mad Max: Fury Road and the sequel, Mad Max: Furiosa, back-to-back.

Mad Max: Fury Road comes to theaters May 15th, 2015 and stars Nicholas Hoult, Tom Hardy, Charlize Theron, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Zoë Kravitz, Riley Keough, Nathan Jones, Josh Helman. The film is directed by George Miller.

Sources: Just Jared

1. Lastwerdz

Good actresses are less expensive

2 years agoby @lastwerdzFlag

2. MovieManiac

She's not the best actress but in Transformers she had a likability to her. I think that she has potential.

2 years agoby @moviemaniac66Flag

3. thedude-abides

@bawnian-dexeus Lol. Yeah, the core community over here is a pretty awesome group.

2 years agoby @thedude-abidesFlag

@thedude-abides@XxNickTheFilmCriticXx Not the best site, but damn does it have a wild bunch

5. thedude-abides

@XxNickTheFilmCriticXx I never know what's going on with this site to be quite honest. I was personally told by one of the admins to start a "missing images in the mw database" forum about a year ago for films that were missing their cover art, and for a while it was coming in handy, but for the past six months I feel like I've been posting links to the images for my own amusement.

MW needs, like, a weekly newsletter article or something to keep us all in the loop of what's going on in terms of updates, etc., as well as providing a platform for questions/suggestions like the one you just posed, because my answer to that question is, I have no idea.

2 years agoby @thedude-abidesFlag

6. Nicholaus XX

That was months ago, by the way. Quite possibly a year ago, actually.

2 years agoby @XxNickTheFilmCriticXxFlag

7. Nicholaus XX

@thedude-abides -- Speaking of which, did I miss any updates concerning the new Face-Offs? I heard they were going to expand it, and potentially add actors/actresses to the mix.

2 years agoby @XxNickTheFilmCriticXxFlag

8. thedude-abides

@XxNickTheFilmCriticXx Good points. Lol, that's what I wanted to say, but like you said, it's best not to be that guy :)

2 years agoby @thedude-abidesFlag

I like how the headline reads "Mad Max Lands Rosie." Clearly, after her magnificent debut in DOTM, she has become a highly coveted actress, lol.

2 years agoby @ejk1Flag

10. Nicholaus XX

@thedude-abides -- I think the latter is worse, mainly because the aforementioned mistake was ridiculous, but Ryan Reynolds is not a bad actor, and he more than proved that in "Buried". Jason Statham, however, is so-so. I watched him in an awesome movie, and he was quite possibly the only actor in the movie I wouldn't credit. He's not abysmal, but he's definitely not anything worthy. Quite average, if you ask me.

Oh, of course. You can only go so far with criticism when it comes to cinema/personal taste, so it's better to be grounded and realistic; accepting one's opinions, but not necessarily meriting it valid or worthy. Respect plays a primary role, otherwise, you'd turn into one of those "LOL YOU LIKE JASON STATHAM?!? HE SUCKS DICK LOL" kind of guys that gratify themselves at the sight of giant robots fighting/demolishing everything in their path.

Best not to go with the latter. ;)

2 years agoby @XxNickTheFilmCriticXxFlag

11. thedude-abides

@dan1 Gosling could run circles around anybody, lol. Seriously though, I don't know what's worse, him mistaking Gosling for Reynolds, or another guy I work with proclaiming Jason "Stamos" (Statham) as his favorite actor.

@XxNickTheFilmCriticXx Lol. Yes, very blatantly stupid. I'll give him a pass b/c he's my friend, and because he, like a lot of people, thinks he knows more about movies than he actually does :)

2 years agoby @thedude-abidesFlag

12. Pjwolsker

5 wives???? damn

2 years agoby @pjwolskerFlag

@thedude-abides Oye..... Gosling could run circles around Reynolds. I'd want to punch this person.

2 years agoby @dan1Flag

14. Nicholaus XX

@thedude-abides -- Too true.

Aha! Really? Talk about blatant stupidity/bad taste!

2 years agoby @XxNickTheFilmCriticXxFlag

15. thedude-abides

@bawnian-dexeus Yeah, if she weren't my sister I'd be quite annoyed with her opinions, lol.

2 years agoby @thedude-abidesFlag

16. thedude-abides

@XxNickTheFilmCriticXx Lol. Yeah, I don't know many people, much less a single female, who liked Drive. You have to maintain at least some semblance of movie knowledge to have enjoyed it, it being a genre film. Without prior knowledge of films like The Driver, Thief, and Le Samourai, or at least the awareness of certain of the film's influences such as the ones I alluded to, it's hard to enjoy Drive for what it is. "They didn't talk enough" isn't reason enough not to like it; that sort of existentialist character nature was part of the film's allure, in my opinion.

One guy actually told me, "I didn't like the art of it. I was expecting it to be a Fast & Furious-type movie." And is if that sh*te opinion wasn't enough for me to disregard anything he had to say pertaining to the world of film from that point on, he proceeded to mistake Ryan Gosling for Ryan Reynolds. Yeah. Go figure.

2 years agoby @thedude-abidesFlag

17. Nicholaus XX

@bawnian-dexeus -- Oh, I know that. I'm just saying she treats it as if it's the worst movie of all-time, and she's seen "Troll 2", and "From Justin To Kelly". I'm in no way a fan of Transformers, by the way.

2 years agoby @XxNickTheFilmCriticXxFlag

@XxNickTheFilmCriticXx Not all girls like Transformers :/

19. Nicholaus XX

@thedude-abides -- Gotta love the exaggeration that little sisters behold. ;)

Example? My younger sister says that "Drive" is "One of the worst movies I have ever seen!". And something along the lines of "It was so dumb", lol. You thought that was harsh? You should see her hatred for the Transformers trilogy.

2 years agoby @XxNickTheFilmCriticXxFlag

@thedude-abides I know that feeling

21. Cheetoboy

Wow, along with Charlize and Zoe another beautiful woman has been added.

2 years agoby @cheetoboyFlag

22. thedude-abides

@XxNickTheFilmCriticXx According to her, Hunger Games is, and I quote, "Best movie ever!" (she's only my half sister, hehe)

Not sure about One Direction.

2 years agoby @thedude-abidesFlag

23. Nicholaus XX

@thedude-abides -- Ah, my younger sister is around the same age(15, to be exact). I'll take she's a One Direction and The Hunger Games fan?

2 years agoby @XxNickTheFilmCriticXxFlag

24. Nicholaus XX

@thedude-abides -- Joking aside, I think that this movie will be very entertaining, but lack in nearly every other aspect. A guilty pleasure, if you will. How old is your sister, if you don't mind me asking?

2 years agoby @XxNickTheFilmCriticXxFlag