Luke Evans Is Eric Draven in 'The Crow' Remake!

F. Javier Gutierrez is directing this reboot about a resurrected rock star on a quest for vengeance.
Luke Evans signs on to star in The Crow remake
Luke Evans signs on to star in The Crow remake
Luke Evans has signed on to star as Eric Draven in Relativity Media's reboot of The Crow. Tom Hiddleston was in talks to star last month, but the studio opted to push their start date to next year to accommodate the actor's schedule.

The story centers on rock star Eric Draven (Luke Evans), who comes back to life to seek vengeance against those who murdered him. Brandon Lee starred in director Alex Proyas' 1994 original film The Crow, based on James O'Barr's comic book series.

F. Javier Gutiérrez (Before the Fall) is directing from a screenplay by Cliff Dorfman, based on an earlier script by Alex Tse and Jesse Wigutow. It isn't known when production will begin.

Luke Evans will next be seen in Fast & Furious 6, opening on May 24, and The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug.

The Crow is in development and stars Luke Evans. The film is directed by F. Javier Gutiérrez.

Sources: Deadline

1. mordfilm

First Nukethecrowremake, Re-think what you are thinking and feeling about this film. Remaking films is part of the guilty pleasure that is Hollywood. They have been remaking "Legacy" films for many years now, and will continue to do so. There is no crapping on any actor, or insulting said actors legacy in remake films.
    The creator of The Crow, himself, would like to re-imagine his story, not remake the original film. No one would ever remake the original film, as it would be impossible to bring the charisma, charm and gritty attitude to the roll of Draven. Not to mention I don't think they ever would, as the cult legacy of the film itself would cause any follow on film to immediately cease to exist (Look at The crow parts 2-5)
    I myself am a huge Lee fan, both father and son, and have been to their graves many times to pay my respects, and to thank them for their contributions to the screen.
    I am also a massive James O'barr fan, and have these comics hanging on the wall in my house.
    If you had read the plot outline of the film, it is not a re-make, it is a reboot of the franchise that died out about half way through The Crow: City of Angles.
    I for one am excited they will bring this back to the screen, as well as giving the crow itself (The animal) more of a roll in the film, I hope as in the comics it can telepathically communicate with Draven, which tells him why he is alive again, as well as guides him through his revenge.

Nukethecrowremake I respect your opinion, however I believe you are looking at this with bias in your eyes, rather than what it truly is.

My Thumbs up to O'Barr, but I hope Evans is really the right choice for this roll. I still think Hiddleston would have been better.

9 months agoby @mordfilmFlag

2. Nukethecrowremake

Hey, Everton... imagine if you will... you DIED doing something you were dedicated to, and you were damn good at what you did as well. Later people decide what you did was not good enough, so there's an Everton 2.0. Get what I'm saying? Basically Hollywood producers might as well just take a trip to Brandon Lee's grave and take turns taking dumps on his headstone. Or just call Bruce and say "hey, know that movie your son DIED in the making of? It was not good enough and neither was he". The point is it's not just a movie, you ignorant twat, it's a direct insult to a dead guy and the fans.

11 months agoby @nukethecrowremakeFlag

3. Everton

I'm happy this is being remade because it will piss a lot of you miserable idiots off. As someone said, you can watch the original any time you like, no ones legacy is being ruined it's just a film, if you enjoy it, good if you don't then don't watch it again, not difficult is it?

11 months agoby @macca-paul-87Flag

4. BadWolf1990

Considering the script information leak that recently happened - despite Evans being a good actor, this remake is going to be the worst piece of shi* remake we have ever seen. There's a reason the original is a cult classic, and there is absolutely no reason at all to remake it except that Hollywood is so full of lazy a**holes they have no concept of simply making their own original films anymore.

11 months agoby @BadWolf1990Flag

5. A7sus4

@Brizzy lol, chill dude, I was just kidding

11 months agoby @a7sus4Flag

6. thedude-abides

Hiddleston would've been my pick, but whatevs.

11 months agoby @thedude-abidesFlag

7. K.Guy

@Brizzy But c'mon. Yes he's a great actor, but Hiddleston really looks like he can do the face of vengeance

11 months agoby @kguyFlag

8. supermanvenom

@gandoff Yeah forgot that one. Just a scene for scene copy

11 months agoby @supermanvenomFlag

9. Gandoff

@supermanvenom You could also 95% of all remakes, not just Dirty Dancing. Just last years Footloose... FAIL...

11 months agoby @gandoffFlag

10. supermanvenom

@Number1Wolverine Its a cult classic. People love it for a reason, and that reason is Brandon lee. Its one of the worst ideas hollywood has had. This one and remaking Dirty dancing.

11 months agoby @supermanvenomFlag

11. Gina39

i think if they are going to do a crow film why don't they do the comic the crow skinning the wolves. that would be a cool story where the crow kills the nazis.

11 months agoby @gina39Flag

12. Trangalanga10

@Brizzy Agreed Evans will pullf of a bad ass Crow, Brandon Lee's interpretation as the title character will always be reminded, but this is a reboot, with a great actor in the lead, I don't know about the director's work, but choosing Evans is a wise choice. He is an unknown for a lot of people, but after his protrayal of Dracula, he will be well known. 1st, Evans looks like a rockstar, 2nd he looks like he has a dark personality, 3rd He can play the romantic guy, easily, overall, he fits Eric Draven perfectly.

11 months agoby @Trangalanga10Flag

13. The_Crow2k

This project is doomed.

11 months agoby @the-crow2kFlag

14. BERSERKER

I haven't really seen Evans in many films so I can't judge his ability as an actor to pull off The Crow, but from seeing him in the Fast Six trailer, he doesn't really suit the crow to me. I was hoping they would get a character actor like Joseph Gordon Levitt, or Josh Hartnett. Someone who at first glance doesn't look like a superhero, but through time can slowly transform into a bada** like Brandon Lee.

@supermanvenom - I wouldn't say that. People didn't think Ledger could top Jack's Joker, and we all know how that turned out.

@mieko-siede - Evans is going to be the new Dracula before he does the crow, which I think will be his breakthrough role.

@bawnian-dexeus - The entire Clash of the Titans movie was that forgettable.

@ejk1 - That gun comment was messed up, but funny.

11 months agoby @Number1WolverineFlag

15. Xenon

I bet Brandon Lee will raise and seek vengeance on those who think to reboot this series.
    I've seen David Borenzes Crow film and it was awful. (hard name to write). I would rather see Brandon Lee's film and release it in the theater,once it's digitized.

11 months agoby @xenon56Flag

16. Brizzy

@kguy No he f*cking wasn't. Evans fits this roll way more than Hiddleston does.

11 months agoby @BrizzyFlag

17. Brizzy

Are you guys serious? This is a brilliant actor, what the f*ck is wrong with you guys? @a7sus4 "The legend of Brandon Lee is ruined", no it f*cking isn't. You like the old one like the rest of us? Go and watch it, it's still available. Anyone who hasn't seen it WILL see it after watching this one, which meane that the "legend of Brandon Lee" will be re-awakened.

11 months agoby @BrizzyFlag

18. Trangalanga10

He is a good Actor, good for him!

11 months agoby @Trangalanga10Flag

19. Dumbumm

He's going to be in the next Hobbit film.

11 months agoby @DumbummFlag

20. Jainit Kapadia

He played Aramis in the new musketeers movie

11 months agoby @Jainit-KapadiaFlag

21. A7sus4

Oh no, the legend of Brandon Lee is ruined.

11 months agoby @a7sus4Flag

22. supermanvenom

@skywise Exactly what i think. He might be good, but no one can beat Brandon Lee's performance.

11 months agoby @supermanvenomFlag

@bawnian-dexeus Never saw The Immortals. I don't remember Apollo, either. I hope he does fine with the role, though.

11 months agoby @ejk1Flag

24. Mieko_Siede

This may be the role that totally transforms his career. This could very well turn out to be a pleasant surprise.

11 months agoby @mieko-siedeFlag

@ejk1 He was Apollo, for like a few minutes. Then he was Zeus in Immortals

11 months agoby @bawnian-dexeusFlag

@bawnian-dexeus He was in Clash of the Titans? Outside of Arterton, I remember very little of that film.

11 months agoby @ejk1Flag

I dont have a problem with Evans, I have a problem with this being rebooted.

11 months agoby @skywiseFlag

28. K.Guy

Hiddleston was the better choice :'(

11 months agoby @kguyFlag

@ejk1 Lol, was he that forgettable from Clash of the Titans?

11 months agoby @bawnian-dexeusFlag

I don't know who this guy is, so I have no opinion. I do have advice for Evans, though: Make sure the guns are unloaded.

11 months agoby @ejk1Flag