Loki Not Likely to Return in 'The Avengers 2'; Nick Fury Is Not in 'Guardians of the Galaxy'

Tom Hiddleston and Samuel L. Jackson recently confirmed that they will not play a part in these Marvel Phase II sequels.
Tom Hiddleston reveals Loki will not appear in The Avengers 2
Tom Hiddleston reveals Loki will not appear in The Avengers 2
British actor Tom Hiddleston made a name for himself on this side of the pond as Loki in the Marvel Phase I movies Thor and Marvel's The Avengers. However, the villainous God of Mischief will (more than likely) not be back for the Phase II sequel The Avengers 2.

"I don't know, and that really is the honest answer. I know I've been known for obfuscation in other quarters, but I have no idea. I haven't spoken to Joss. He's definitely doing it. So I suspect not, only because I think that probably the audiences are tired of Loki being the bad guy. Maybe the Avengers need somebody else to fight. But I'd love to be part of it again."

No cast members have been confirmed for The Avengers 2, slated for release in 2015, with Joss Whedon set to write and direct. In related Marvel news, Samuel L. Jackson confirmed an earlier report that he will reprise his role as Nick Fury in Captain America: The Winter Soldier, but is not appearing in Iron Man 3 or Thor: The Dark World. The actor also revealed he will not star in Guardians of the Galaxy.

"No, Cap 2, then nothing until The Avengers 2, but that's in 2014. Hopefully they'll throw me another Star Wars movie."

Avengers: Age of Ultron comes to theaters May 1st, 2015 and stars Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Scarlett Johansson, Robert Downey Jr., Elizabeth Olsen, Chris Hemsworth, Chris Evans, Cobie Smulders, Jeremy Renner. The film is directed by Joss Whedon.

Sources: MSN UK, Movies.com

1. Everett Moore

@Mutant if you think its a bad idea thats fine you're entitled to your opinion but think its a great idea for a movie and I think S.H.I.E.L.D should stay and Loki anyone else has a comment about my idea?

2 years agoby @Everett-MooreFlag

2. Xenon

@Everett-Moore bad idea and Whedon doesn't cheek on the internet to get info from fans. We'll find out what happens as long sheild agents are not involved, if they are then I refuse to watch it.

2 years agoby @xenon56Flag

3. Everett Moore

Loki should be in A2...Here is a scenario for you guys...We all know Loki is in big trouble with Thanos because he didnt get the Cosmic Cube like he promised...so what the one thing Loki can do to even the debt with Thanos? ( ill wait ) Duh! STEAL THE INFINITY GAUNTLET from Odin's weapons chamber and give it back to him...but wait there's more well also know that Loki is the god of mischief and cant really be trusted ( saw what he did to Lofi and the frost giant in Thor ) and is crazy about being a King...anywhere for that matter so they should some how add a twist to the movie and make Loki pull a fast one on Thanos to keep him from destroying the Midgard...I mean Earth lol because Thanos just wants to destroy it and Loki wants to rule it...All the end of Thor 2 it ( because I sure Loki is gonna help save Asgard from the Elves ) gain the respect back from Thor and everyone else and at the end of the credit...Have him walking into the Weapon chamber pick up the Gauntlet and simply put on that Evil grin ( like the one he had in Avengers when he heard the Hulk was out and angry ) and say " Yes, I have something more powerfull than the tessaract "-Spell Check lol what do you guys think? and if Joss Whedon see this...Hey man put me down with the team!!!!!! lol

2 years agoby @Everett-MooreFlag

4. slysnide

The Loki aspect of the article is pointless. If Hiddleston doesn't even know what's going on with it yet, and considering it's only been 3 months since the film's home media release, then obviously he nor anyone else would know anything about the sequel. And Sam Jackson has to start getting realistic about NOT appearing in the "Star Wars" sequels.

2 years agoby @slysnideFlag

5. JMP

Well I already knew that Nick Fury wont be in Guardians of the Galaxy but i hope Loki will be in Avengers 2

2 years agoby @jmpFlag

6. Sean

@shuabert That is what i'm thinking.

2 years agoby @themoviefanaticFlag

Loki served his purpose in The Avengers. What I'd like to see is more character growth in Thor 2, followed by some redemption in Thor 3.

2 years agoby @ejk1Flag

8. ROFLitschristian

Hope not. I'll been done with Loki after Thor 2. He wasn't the greatest villain, but his part was done exceptionally well in Avengers and in Thor. Let's not overdue him.

2 years agoby @ROFLitschristianFlag

9. justatadmatt

@shuabert i was going to say the same thing. i'm sure he will be detained in some sense for Thor 2, otherwise idk how you can't have him in the sequel. Thanos and him would make a pretty badass team.

2 years agoby @justatadmattFlag

10. Josh

He's going to be in Thor 2, probably shackled in a dungeon in Asgard, so there would be no real reason for him to be in Avengers 2, especially since we know it will focus on Thanos.

2 years agoby @shuabertFlag

Duh.

2 years agoby @dan1Flag

12. the MovieGhost

@narrator Oh sure, I could feel that way too but any actor or actress that does that frequent enough runs the risk of getting annoying rather quickly.

2 years agoby @the-movieghostFlag

13. The Real Goku

"Hopefully they'll throw me another Star Wars movie" LMAOOOO not a chance. Soon I will find myself getting tired of Samuel Jackson. If he was maybe 50 during episode 3. Imagine how old he would be IF he survived and IF episode 7 takes place at least 10 years or more after episode 6. Definitely not needed

2 years agoby @therealGokuFlag

14. Xenon

As good as an actor Sam is I don't think he should return. The only thing I had against with Avengers is the over dose of S.H.E.I.L.D.
    And the same with all the phase 1 films, it got boring to see Sam in each and every one of them.

I found Loki was over done as well, The Avengers has a lot of villains and they need to be explored. I would refuse to see the next Avenger film if it has Loki or Nick Fury.

I stated this before I I stick by it, Avengers is not S.H.E.I.L.D.
    I'll go to see a S.H.E.I.L.D film

2 years agoby @xenon56Flag

@the-movieghost Lol. He sure loves Mace Windu. As annoying as it may be to some, I actually find it endearing that an actor - Oscar caliber or not - would care so much about a character as to continually lobby for his return, no matter the ridiculousness of it. That says that Jackson really appreciates the SW mythology, and his specifically made character, more so than his equally specifically made "Nick Fury" character.

2 years agoby @narratorFlag

16. SherlockHolmes2009

Understandable he wouldnt be in Avengers 2

2 years agoby @SherlockHolmes2009Flag

17. the MovieGhost

That's good, both characters would get very stale very quickly. But Sam's still pushing that Star Wars role...

2 years agoby @the-movieghostFlag

I wouldn't expect him to be anywhere near Guardians.