'Leverage' Movie a Possibility; Series Being Shopped to Other Networks

Series creator Dean Devlin reveals that he has a ton of stories left to tell, and hopes that the series will continue on in some fashion.
Leverage may be resurrected as a TV movie
Leverage may be resurrected as a TV movie
Fans of the TNT series Leverage were given some bad news just before Christmas last month, when TNT canceled the series right before its Season 5/series finale, "The Second David Job". Given the abrupt ending of the show, series creator/executive producer Dean Devlin recently revealed that they may make a Leverage movie.

"That would be fun to do. That's definitely a possibility."

He also said the producers are looking for another network home, even though the odds of the series coming back are slim.

"We're going to try to shop it around now and see if there is any other interest elsewhere. Look, it's a long shot but we have a lot of love for the show and the fans have been tremendously supportive. If we can find a way for it to continue we'll pursue."

If Leverage does get a second chance, Dean Devlin said there will be no shortage of story materials.

"I have a giant pile of stories we still wanted to tell. Creatively the show was far from exhausted. One of the great things about this show is that it was produced independently so we can control its destiny to some degree. So, if we don't survive as a TV series, who knows? We've already started a series of books so maybe there's a movie down the line. Maybe an Internet series, comic books, I don't know. We're wide open to all ideas."

Timothy Hutton, Gina Bellman, Christian Kane, Aldis Hodge, and Beth Riesgraf star in Leverage as an unorthodox team of former criminals who use their vast array skills to help those in need.

Sources: Deadline

1. Barbara Marlowe

leverage the movie is coming....

5 months agoby @Barbara-MarloweFlag

2. Ronald Norman

I hope Leverage comes back on. I miss the show. Bring back Leverage now.......

1 year agoby @Ronald-NormanFlag

3. Jinn

Soo jonesing for a leverage fix.Totally ruined my holidays.It was like an anti-christmas present from the grinch.The mayans were right,it was the end of the world.Please give me some more leverage!

1 year agoby @jinnFlag

4. Juliette

The Second David Job was the Season 1 finale.

2 years agoby @Juliette-17442848Flag

5. Samantha L. Hawkins

I would love Leverage to come back as a series on another network, but if that is not to be, I will take it any way I can get it! It is a great show with definitely plenty of more cons to be pulled.

2 years agoby @Samantha-L-HawkinsFlag

6. Mary E Brewer

Would LOVE my LEVERAGE any way i can get it!

2 years agoby @mary-e-brewerFlag

7. Katrin Schiller

Oh, yes, PLEASE give us more Leverage! Movie, TV show, Internet series... whatever. As long as we get Leverage back!

2 years agoby @Katrin-SchillerFlag

8. Anna Schiele

Would love to see more of Leverage in any medium. Love the show

2 years agoby @Anna-SchieleFlag

9. Sonny Cleon

Here is a web page and is one of the pages I like outside f5movies.com. Movie download site that I like is the continuous updates f5movies.com

2 years agoby @Sonny-CleonFlag

10. Bell Gold Dex

I would love to see Leverage continue in any form they can; obviously seeing it continue in another network would be the best! Thanks for trying!

2 years agoby @Bell-Gold-DexFlag

11. Herbert Lentz

i hope you all again!?

2 years agoby @Herbert-LentzFlag

12. SherriLynn Brandon

I would very much like to see Leverage return on another network or as a film. It really was the Best show on Television. It was always entertaining and the cast had amazing chemistry that came across in every single episode. In these days of reality shows, mostly garbage in my opinion, this was one show in a long time that lived up to the idea that television is entertainment.

2 years agoby @SherriLynn-BrandonFlag

13. Amanda

This show was truly original, individuals comparing it to other programs clearly have never watched the show. This show is/was so magnificently done. The characters were original, clever, funny, witty... Amazing. The show being taken off the air has left a hole in the hearts of all the viewers. Getting Leverage back on a new channel would be amazing! This show is not finished... There are many more cons to be had! The fans are truly hoping this isn't the last of Leverage! We support and believe 100% in this show!

2 years agoby @Amanda-15794920Flag

14. Beth Potkonicky Kredel

Any little bit of hope is welcome. TNT was very rude to the cast, crew, and fans by waiting so long to cancel the show. The loyal fans will do what is absolutely necessary to get any tidbit of more of our favorite show.

2 years agoby @Beth-Potkonicky-KredelFlag

15. Erin Simmons

YES YES YES!!!!! All for it- all of the above! Leverage was pulled far too soon. TNT can keep their umpteenth attempt at a successful medical (they ought to just quit trying) and their crappy reality shows (apparently NO channel is sacred anymore). I want my Leverage back. Will take whatever form we can get!

2 years agoby @Erin-SimmonsFlag

16. Dacsmom

Leverage was the best show on TV. It had a loyal fan following and now has the honor of being the only show in history to win a Peoples Choice Award after being canceled. I hope with all my heart that another network picks it up. The fans need a season 6 of our favorite Robin Hoodlums.

2 years agoby @DacsmomFlag

17. Karen Johnstone

This makes me and every other Leverage fan so happy. We are very loyal and will follow the show to new places and new formats. The cast crew and creators of this show have been so open, honest and inclusive of the fans. We will support you with everything we have.

2 years agoby @Karen-JohnstoneFlag

18. ali

This is exactly what every true Leverage fan wants to hear!! We have not given up and our fearless leader hasn't as well. This show is beyond excellent and hey it's not a cop show. It is original despite what some others may think. There was nothing on TV like it and hopefully soon it will be back as nothing could replace it!

2 years agoby @ali-18012331Flag

19. kylenin51

"Leverage" was/is a great series and I hope that it does come back, but even if it doesn't, I thought that "The Long Goodbye Job" was a good series finale.

2 years agoby @kylenin51Flag

20. Dayanara Ryelle

Series finale was "Long Goodbye Job". "Second David" was the finale for the first season.

2 years agoby @Dayanara-RyelleFlag

21. the MovieGhost

Yes! Please, by all things Holy, yes!

2 years agoby @the-movieghostFlag

22. Roberto Mata

The tv series was an Ocean's Eleven rip-off, there was no originality to it, TNT made a wise choice, as for the film, we don't need one...

2 years agoby @Roberto-MataFlag

I hope that it gets a home somewhere. It was definatly an aquired taste, and not all of the episodes were great to be sure but I grew to love that merry band of Robin Hoods.

2 years agoby @skywiseFlag