'Leprechaun' Remake Coming from Lionsgate

The original horror starred Warwick Davis and followed the Irish legend through 6 films.
Lionsgate plans Leprechaun reboot
Lionsgate plans Leprechaun reboot
Lionsgate and WWE Studios are planning on bringing the Leprechaun series back to life.

The original followed an evil, sadistic Leprechaun goes on a killing rampage in search of his beloved pot of gold through 6 films.

WWE CEO Vince McMahon wants to give their studios some time to grow under new lead Michael Luisi, who was given the film division in September.

Here are the new leads thoughts on the project:

"We have been looking for ways to continue our relationship with Lionsgate and we saw 'Leprechaun' as the perfect opportunity to take a well-known franchise and put a modern-day spin on it. This is a property that we believe our audience will respond to and we continue to look for ways to surprise and engage them."

The studios are expecting a 2013 release date.

Leprechaun was released January 8th, 1993 and stars Warwick Davis, Jennifer Aniston, Ken Olandt, Mark Holton, Robert Hy Gorman, Shay Duffin, John Sanderford, John Voldstad. The film is directed by Mark Jones.

Sources: Variety

1. George Ghostface Giberson

Wow WWE & Lions Gate Sweet Yo

2 years agoby @Leon-Scott-KennedyFlag

2. ROFLitschristian

@bawnian-dexeus ... I knew that? LoL

2 years agoby @ROFLitschristianFlag

3. Bane5000

So long as the make it a creepy, Rated R horror film, and not no jokey PG-13 crap, im all for it. Oh and bring back Warwick Davis for the role

2 years agoby @bane5000Flag

4. Xenon

Does anyone knows how Warwick Davis got his star?

2 years agoby @xenon56Flag

5. Xenon

@robbiewilliamsII sorry about that, I had forgotten about the years of which they came out. Part 2 I do remember mostly because it impressed me.
    I noticed they made a new film about 3 years ago, but it was more of a spin off than a Leprechaun film. Sick but fun to watch.

2 years agoby @xenon56Flag

6. Ghostman

@ejk1 That's okay you have to be a certain person to like those types of horror movie franchises. About LOTR for all we know he could be related to Gollum and he will travel to Middle Earth and seek his revenge on Frodo and claim all his gold! *note to self: genius idea, write out the script*

2 years agoby @ghostmanFlag

@bawnian-dexeus He could be accompanied by sprites, pixies, and centaurs.

@ghostman Meh. Not really a fan of Saw, after the first one anyways.

2 years agoby @ejk1Flag

8. Ghostman

@red-ruddy No, that franchise ended a long time ago. But you just gave me an idea @ejk1@bawnian-dexeus what do you think about placing Leprechaun in a Jigsaw Game?

2 years agoby @ghostmanFlag

@ejk1 One does not simply send a leprechaun to Middle Earth

10. red_ruddy

Isn't lionsgate busy making saw 40?

2 years agoby @red-ruddyFlag

@ghostman@bawnian-dexeus Middle Earth.

2 years agoby @ejk1Flag

12. Ghostman

They already went to space and visited Da Hood where else could he go? Back in time 0_0

2 years agoby @ghostmanFlag

13. Dragon1991

Why am I not surprised about this? It was going to happen someday.

2 years agoby @Dragon1991Flag

14. greyhame

I was curious to hear more about this film until I saw that WWE was involved. Not that I dislike WWE network or their movies, it's just they'll most likely want to put one of their wrestlers in it as the Leprechaun and while it may not be bad, it just won't be as good as a reboot should be. The only reason to update a movie is to truly make it better or at least as good as the original and I'm not sure if they can make that goal. Hopefully this new lead will get more professional actors and some really good writers to make a believable story.

2 years agoby @greyhame27Flag

15. ROFLitschristian

@bawnian-dexeus Well if it's WWE won't they go with that Leprechaun wrestler they have?

2 years agoby @ROFLitschristianFlag

16. ROFLitschristian

This isn't much of a-
    *puts on sunglasses*
    golden opportunity.

2 years agoby @ROFLitschristianFlag

17. TheDude1

I wouldn't have minded a reboot or a remake at at all. I'm not one who usually screams at those things. But when I read WWE Studios that was it for me. Their movies are alright but nothing special and them doing a hard R horror movie doesn't seem like it would happen nowadays.

HELL NO! GIANT THUMB DOWN!!!!!

2 years agoby @thedude1Flag

18. Robbie Williams II

@bawnian-dexeus I doubt Warwick needs the money,he's been making all thes Harry Potter movies for the last 10 years

2 years agoby @Robbie-Williams-IIFlag

19. Robbie Williams II

@xenon56 Also you say you stopped watching the series by 1992...part 1 didn't come out until 1993. This guy is a joke. And part 2 with the "fan scene" came in 1994 so you atleast was watching til then.

2 years agoby @Robbie-Williams-IIFlag

20. Robbie Williams II

@xenon56 If you knew anything about the Leprechaun movies,you would know that the "fan scene" your describing is part 2...Part 1 was with Jennifer Aniston

2 years agoby @Robbie-Williams-IIFlag

Looks like Warwick needs the moneh.

22. Gandoff

I can see this now. They use the Hornswoggle, the little person they use dressed up most times in a leprechaun outfit on wrestling shows. I never watch a WWE other then See No Evil, which was actually a pretty good horror movie. So they could do it honor.. But I also see a flop. WWE should focus on wrestling, and not movies. He wants to make ever person in WWE as The Rock or Stone Cold in movies.

2 years agoby @gandoffFlag

23. Xenon

I still remember the first film, the Leprechaun casted his magic to make a dude think he was in front of a naked female only to die by a fan. 'Not a fan' a fan as in moving air. I stopped watching the series of films by 1992

They need to wait another ten years before they reboot it. I say make a sequel.

2 years agoby @xenon56Flag

24. Zak Lee Ferguson

@corey is the series up to much- i have heard of it but never ever watched it- i remember a snide but funny remark Stephen King made about Children of The Corn and actually wishing and wanting a sequel that was Children OF The Corn Vs. The Leprechaun

Sounds interesting enough - though i have never ever seen any footage at all of this feature- nay- i truly don't care at all for this film.

2 years agoby @Zak-Lee-FergusonFlag

25. Corey W.

@2movieguys She didn't take part in any of the sh*tty sequels so why would she want to in a sh*ttier reboot?

2 years agoby @coreyFlag

26. Bellandedward1

No Rebot , The new one come on the SCIFI channel tomorrow nighy at 9.00

2 years agoby @bellandedward1Flag

27. CelluloidDreams

Will Jennifer Aniston make a cameo!?!?

2 years agoby @2movieguysFlag