Kim Kardashian Joins Tyler Perry's 'The Marriage Counselor'

Jurnee Smollett stars in this comedic drama as a relationship expert that breaks her own ethics code to cheat on her husband.
Kim Kardashian joins The Marriage Counselor
Kim Kardashian joins The Marriage Counselor
Tyler Perry is moving forward on his next directorial feature, the comedic drama The Marriage Counselor, which has just nabbed reality sweetheart Kim Kardashian in a costarring role.

Not much of a departure for Tyler Perry, The Marriage Counselor revolves around Judith, a slick Ivy-league educated advice expert played by Jurnee Smollett. Unhappy, and bored with her own marriage, Judith goes against her own code of conduct and cheats on her husband with a smooth talking player that comes to her seeking relationship guidance. Realizing she has made a huge mistake, she enlists the help of her friend Ava to give her a makeover and new confidence as her life unravels.

Kim Kardashian will play Ava, her most substantial role in film thus far. The non-actress was previously seen in the spoof Disaster Movie and in the Chris Pratt cult comedy Deep in the Valley.

Tyler Perry begins shooting The Marriage Counselor this week, starting October 26th, in his home base of Atlanta.

Temptation was released March 29th, 2013 and stars Jurnee Smollett-Bell, Lance Gross, Kim Kardashian, Vanessa Williams, Robbie Jones, Renée Taylor, Ella Joyce, Brandy Norwood. The film is directed by Tyler Perry.

1. Corey W.

At least Madea isn't in it....whew

2 years agoby @coreyFlag

no no no no no and no

2 years agoby @skywiseFlag

3. BERSERKER

@XxNickTheFilmCriticXx - She's ok, she looked better without all that plastic surgery. But i've seen way better, so your not alone.

2 years agoby @Number1WolverineFlag

4. Justhim_sir

Well no madea will be showing up, so it might be his better one.

2 years agoby @justhim-sirFlag

5. Nicholaus XX

@Number1Wolverine -- Lol, no problem! Actually, I don't really find her attractive-is it just me?

2 years agoby @XxNickTheFilmCriticXxFlag

6. ROFLitschristian

@Number1Wolverine No it's not that. I just don't like anything Tyler Perry's attached too!

2 years agoby @ROFLitschristianFlag

7. BERSERKER

@ROFLitschristian - I take it you really don't like dramas, or was it just this movie?

@Connect200@XxNickTheFilmCriticXx@ejk1 - Thanks for the history lesson guys, because i didn't know what the hell she was either lol. And i can understand why other guys find her exotic but come on, your telling me there isn't much better looking caucasian women out there with a**.

2 years agoby @Number1WolverineFlag

8. Nicholaus XX

@ejk1 -- Probably so.

@Connect200 -- Meh, I think its' more of a lose-lose situation. But at the same time, I've never been a big fan of his either. I do fully respect his abilities, though.

2 years agoby @XxNickTheFilmCriticXxFlag

9. Connect200

@XxNickTheFilmCriticXx Dnt worry about it. My guess is she might play the counsoler, but I think Perry should just stick to plays.

2 years agoby @Connect200Flag

@XxNickTheFilmCriticXx Fair enough. She looks exotic, so it stands to reason that she may be other than white. Perhaps it is the Armenian in her.

2 years agoby @ejk1Flag

11. Nicholaus XX

@ejk1@Connect200 -- My bad, she just seemed more foreign to me, and this is all news to me(about her background).

2 years agoby @XxNickTheFilmCriticXxFlag

@XxNickTheFilmCriticXx She's Armeinan and Dutch. That means she's white, dude. Not that it should mean anything.

2 years agoby @ejk1Flag

13. Connect200

@XxNickTheFilmCriticXx She is white because she has a European background (Dutch).

2 years agoby @Connect200Flag

14. Nicholaus XX

@Connect200 -- I'm not for sure, lol. I haven't cared for her much to do any research. Maybe you should do some and come back to report what you find?

2 years agoby @XxNickTheFilmCriticXxFlag

15. Connect200

@XxNickTheFilmCriticXx she is from Europe right?

2 years agoby @Connect200Flag

16. Nicholaus XX

@Connect200 -- Only thing is, she's not white.

2 years agoby @XxNickTheFilmCriticXxFlag

17. Connect200

Kim looks fine as sh*t since she's the only white woman with an ass lol, but this is not a good look. I see this getting bad.

2 years agoby @Connect200Flag

18. ROFLitschristian

@Number1Wolverine Even if he did, Precious was vastly overrated. It's super depressing and really just has no point to it. It's just about her life.

2 years agoby @ROFLitschristianFlag

19. BERSERKER

@ROFLitschristian - I didn't see Precious let, but i don't really count that as a Perry film since like you said he only produce it.

2 years agoby @Number1WolverineFlag

20. RojoDiablo

This is just one more reason NOT to watch a Tyler Perry film!

2 years agoby @rojodiabloFlag

21. ROFLitschristian

@Number1Wolverine I'm not sure Precious counts as a Tyler Perry movie. didn't he only produce it?

2 years agoby @ROFLitschristianFlag

22. MovieManiac

@newtron - 100% agree with you.

3 years agoby @moviemaniac66Flag

23. BERSERKER

@addictionnonfatel - I concur.

@ROFLitschristian - Most of them are bad, but he makes about 3 out of 10 good ones.

@newtron - I couldn't have said it better myself.

3 years agoby @Number1WolverineFlag

24. Newtron

I respect Tyler Perry for what he's achieved as a director/writer/producer, but I can't stand the fact that he grabs these celebrities, as though they will make his films good and believable. Sure, they'll get people to the theaters, but that doesn't mean it's a good movie. I hate to say it, but if anything, when these celebrities take these roles, they end up giving mediocre performances. And when you have an actor/actress with a track record of good performances giving mediocre to bad performances, you have to start looking at the director, not the actors. With that aside, clearly he's getting Kim Kardashian for her celebrity, whatever that is. She probably didn't even know who Tyler Perry was. Sorry Tyler, but movies have to be more than entertaining to be considered good.

3 years agoby @newtronFlag

25. ROFLitschristian

Like Tyler Perry doesn't make movies sh*tty enough...

3 years agoby @ROFLitschristianFlag

26. bipolarmassive

Oy Vey! This just opens up the door for other reality trash! The cast of The Jersey Shore comes to mind. Anyone who is a casting director who ventures into the reality world and offers them legit movie roles, SHOULD BE FIRED!

3 years agoby @addictionnonfatelFlag