'Katy Perry: Part of Me 3D' Trailer

The pop star will reveal parts of her life on and off stage in this 3D feature debuting in theaters July 5.
The first full-length trailer has arrived for Katy Perry: Part of Me, a 3D documentary which hits theaters July 5. Take an intimate look at the life of pop star Katy Perry, and read the official press release for more information.

Paramount's Insurge Pictures today announced they have partnered with Katy Perry, Direct Management, Imagine Entertainment, AEG and co-financing partner EMI on a 3D feature film starring Katy. To be released on July 5, 2012, Katy Perry: Part of Me will be a first-ever big-screen look at the international superstar's life both on- and off-stage.

Said Katy, "I am so excited to paint the silver screen in 3D color with help from our friends at Paramount and Imagine. For the last year and a half, I have intimately documented my life both on and off the stage of The California Dreams Tour. I want to take you behind the cotton candy clouds and reveal the highs and lows and nuts of bolts of this extraordinary ride. I promise you, after seeing this film, you will truly know me."

President of Paramount Film Group, Adam Goodman, said, "Katy's one-of-a-kind story, and our unique ability at Insurge to create equally unique movie going experiences, was a natural fit. We're beyond excited to offer her fans, who inspired this movie, and moviegoers everywhere, this once-in-a-lifetime look into her world and capture a moment in time."

"This has been a milestone year for Katy. She is emblematic of the culturally forward thinking artists that we endeavor to highlight at Insurge, so when the opportunity came about to work with her on this film, Adam and I immediately jumped at the chance," said Amy Powell, President, Paramount Insurge.

Katy began documenting her California Dreams Tour, consisting of 124 performances, over a year ago. Her management team, Direct Management, soon after brought AEG into the project to film the artist's two shows at Staples Center in LA in 3D. A partnership with Imagine Entertainment followed.

Directed by the Magical Elves team of Jane Lipsitz and Dan Cutforth (Justin Bieber: Never Say Never), Katy Perry: Part of Me is produced by Katy, along with Martin Kirkup, Bradford Cobb, and Steven Jensen of Direct Management; and Academy Award-winner Brian Grazer (8 Mile, A Beautiful Mind) of Imagine Entertainment. The film's executive producers include Craig Brewer (Footloose, Hustle & Flow), Randy Phillips of AEG, Erica Huggins and Michael Rosenberg of Imagine Entertainment; and Ed Lovelace and James Hall of Pulse Films. Lukasz Gottwald and Max Martin, who co-wrote the title song with Perry, will serve as co-producers, along with Nanette Burstein (American Teen), Thomas Benski and Daniel Bowen of Pulse Films, Anna Culp of Imagine Entertainment, and Archie Gips of Magical Elves.

Katy's new single, "Part Of Me," debuted in the #1 spot on Billboard's Hot 100 on February 22nd, making it the first in a year, and only the 20th in 53 years, to debut at #1. Since the 2008 release of "One of the Boys," Perry has topped the charts in more than 25 countries and has sold more than 50 million digital tracks and mobile products, as well as 10 million albums worldwide. Her hits include "I Kissed a Girl," "Hot N Cold," "Thinking Of You," "Waking Up in Vegas," as well as "California Gurls," "Teenage Dream," "Firework," "E.T.," "Last Friday Night," and "The One That Got Away," all from the "Teenage Dream" album. A special edition of Katy's double platinum album "Teenage Dream: The Complete Confection" was released on March 26th.

EMI artist, Katy is represented by managers Bradford Cobb, Martin Kirkup, Steven Jensen and Ngoc Hoang of Direct Management Group, Inc.

For more information, go to KatyPerryPartOfMe.com or follow Katy Perry on Twitter at @KatyPerry. #KP3D

Katy Perry: Part of Me was released July 5th, 2012 and stars Katy Perry, Adam Marcello, Casey Hooper, Patrick Matera, Max Hart, Joshua Moreau, Lauren Allison Ball, Tasha Layton. The film is directed by Dan Cutforth, Jane Lipsitz.

Sources: Paramount Pictures

1. CUPID

To those who got a problem with a little grab ass i say stop being a tight ass about things, it was just a grab ass at a concert I dont blame the guy (its Katy Perry) sh*t i might of dont the same and the fact that he got away with makes him lucky.

2 years agoby @cupidFlag

Opportunity strikes, cradle dat ass

@XxNickTheFilmCriticXx Don't include me in your assumptions.

2 years agoby @ejk1Flag

4. Nicholaus XX

@ghostman -- It really doesn't matter at this point. If she was so offended by it, I think that fact would've been known by now. Still, I'm surprised the guy had the audacity to do such a thing.

I'm indifferent about the matter, really.

2 years agoby @XxNickTheFilmCriticXxFlag

5. Nicholaus XX

@dan1 -- Too late; already "f*cking relaxed". You and @ejk1 seem to take the opposition very seriously, so I guess we all need to take a "chill pill", so to speak?

2 years agoby @XxNickTheFilmCriticXxFlag

6. Ghostman

@superman81@ejk1@shuabert

It was wrong of him to do, but being that she was in a middle of a performance in front of a thousand screaming fans, she was distracted, which gave the guy the chance to do what he did. Had she not been in a show and the guy grabbed her, chances are security would have taken him away.

2 years agoby @ghostmanFlag

Between this discussion and people being uppity about that new Bond girl saying bitches, y'all need to f*cking relax with the PC attitudes.

2 years agoby @dan1Flag

@shuabert No, you're wrong, or at least using the wrong word. Like I said, what he did was at best misdemeanor sexual assault, not abuse. I get that the reaction of others is what's disappointing you. Your objection is duly noted :)

2 years agoby @ejk1Flag

9. Josh

@ejk1@superman81@dan1
    The legal definition of sexual abuse includes: "Non-consensual sexual behaviour ... unwanted touching" So yeah. It's abuse. I wasn't saying that she should have reacted differently. She's in the middle of a performance, and having an overzealous fan ejected would do nothing. I was objecting to the fact that @superman81 and @ghostman called the guy's behaviour "nice" and referred to him as "lucky", rather than being disgusted with it.

2 years agoby @shuabertFlag

10. Nicholaus XX

@bryanyentz -- The voice of reason finally spoke. That's one of the best, most valid comments I've ever seen on this website. What would we do without you? I shudder to the very thought.

2 years agoby @XxNickTheFilmCriticXxFlag

The term 'abuse' is thrown around way too loosely.

2 years agoby @dan1Flag

@superman81@shuabert While Perry easily could have made a charge of sexual assault against the fan (the misdemeanor variety), she seemed to chalk it up to a case of overexcitement. The fan definitely behaved improperly, and his actions are way out of bounds, but the term "abuse" in this instance is a little extreme.

2 years agoby @ejk1Flag

13. Superman81

@shuabert no one ever said sexual abuse is awesome. Besides he grabbed her ass, wouldn't call that abuse. Maybe harassment, point being made was SHE didn't get all pissed off and have dude booted. She played it right back and blew him a kiss. I'm sure if she felt like he ABUSED her then her bodyguard would have made quick work of him.

2 years agoby @superman81Flag

14. TheDude1

Katy Perry in 3D! Yeah Buddy!!!!!

2 years agoby @thedude1Flag

15. Bryan Yentz

And seriously, who are the two people that thumbed this up? Get off of the site now.

2 years agoby @bryanyentzFlag

16. Bryan Yentz

Bull. F*cking. Sh*t. Just like the Bieber doc*mentary that tries to make their life seem SOOOOO difficult when it's not even as trying as the normal person's. "I mean, I don't know how she does it", uh, maybe because she makes MILLIONS of dollars doing nothing but singing, auto-tuning and putting her face on anything/everything. She's paid to have fun. Quit trying to make something out of nothing. "I don't know how she does it", f*ck you.

2 years agoby @bryanyentzFlag

17. SpaceCowboy

@shuabert Her "Part of Me" music video was like watching "Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close" again. Just overly sympathetic trash.

2 years agoby @SpaceCowboyFlag

18. Nicholaus XX

@shuabert -- I agree on both accounts.

2 years agoby @XxNickTheFilmCriticXxFlag

19. Josh

Bieber ripoff. Her last video is batsh*t isnane nonsense.

2 years agoby @shuabertFlag

20. Josh

@superman81@ghostman Sexual abuse is not awesome.

2 years agoby @shuabertFlag

21. m2

She's hot, but I'm definitely NOT seeing this.

2 years agoby @m2Flag

@ghostman I wasn't saying Perry doesn't have a coolness factor, it's just I don't think she is the "coolest." She's hot, no doubt.

2 years agoby @ejk1Flag

23. Nicholaus XX

@ghostman -- Well, that depends. I find her(can see how she may be considered) attractive, but I wouldn't put her on my "to do list", if that makes any sense. I'm just saying that was a really bold statement, but I guess it would be that way if you made that statement about anybody.

2 years agoby @XxNickTheFilmCriticXxFlag

24. Ghostman

@XxNickTheFilmCriticXx You don't like her looks?

2 years agoby @ghostmanFlag

25. Nicholaus XX

@superman81 -- You sick bastard!

@ghostman -- "Most perfect body out there"? You make some bold comments, my brother.

Too bad it's not "Part Of Me: A Tale Of Two Sisters in 3D". ;( --
    I know @thedude-abides would've liked to see that.

2 years agoby @XxNickTheFilmCriticXxFlag

26. Ghostman

@incmob I was being sarcastic too. Her songs are okay, and I do occasionally listen to them on the radio.
    @ejk1 Like I said, only being sarcastic.
    @cupid Yes...yes he is.
    @bawnian-dexeus Correct, she has the most perfect body out there. @superman81 I know, at least she has fun with her fans and not like call security on them lol.

2 years agoby @ghostmanFlag

27. Bellandedward1

cant wait Love Katy she amazing at what she does rock on girl

2 years agoby @bellandedward1Flag

28. incmob

@yannick-decorte preach on brother... preach on

2 years agoby @incmobFlag

29. incmob

@ghostman it was sarcarm, i realize that she is a talentless act... my point... almost every moviewebber comments on her t*ts not her singing abilities. best summer songs?? really? i am all about letting someone make their choices in what they feel is "great" music... but really?? tell you what... let me know where your beloved katy perry is in 15 years... then we can talk.

2 years agoby @incmobFlag