'Jurassic Park IV' Confirmed for June 13, 2014 Release in 3D!

Original 'Jurassic Park' director, Steven Spielberg, will produce the highly-anticipated 3D sequel.
Jurassic Park IV confirmed for 2014 release
Jurassic Park IV confirmed for 2014 release
After years of rumblings and rumors, Universal Pictures has confirmed that Jurassic Park IV is finally happening, with the studio scheduling a June 13, 2014 release date. The sequel is currently the only movie slated for release on that date. The project will be shot in 3D.

Jurassic Park director Steven Spielberg is producing, but will not take the helm. Today's news confirms a report from last January that revealed the filmmaker is not directing this follow-up. We also reported in June that Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver (Rise of the Planet of the Apes) are writing the screenplay. No story details have been released.

The studio is releasing Jurassic Park 3D on April 5, which will no doubt get fans excited for the sequel. No cast members have been attached at this time.

Jurassic World comes to theaters June 12th, 2015 and stars Ty Simpkins, Bryce Dallas Howard, Nick Robinson, Chris Pratt, Vincent D'Onofrio, Irrfan Khan, B.D. Wong, Omar Sy. The film is directed by Colin Trevorrow.

Sources: Deadline

1. CelluloidDreams

3-D ...wow! Just keeping the $$ rolling in!! Not meant for 3-D!

2 years agoby @2movieguysFlag

2. Grimwolf

I like all three of these movies. I find them all to be very enjoyable.

2 years agoby @GrimwolfFlag

3. moviemouse

this is bound to get pushed back to 2015/16 give us the true sequel that the first one deserves, cant wait to see what plot details get released in the near future

2 years agoby @moviemouseFlag

4. Sean

@Deadpoolx11 Yes. Exactly.

2 years agoby @themoviefanaticFlag

5. Daniel Cantu

@themoviefanatic Unnecessary Modifications if it were to really happen, and weird ones too.

2 years agoby @Deadpoolx11Flag

@mr-k Pretty sure his legacy (a.k.a.) his company and the people he's groomed over the years can handle it. His vision will continue with his foundations

7. Sean

@Deadpoolx11 Yes, i remember that. They looked like Dinosaur-human hybrids.

2 years agoby @themoviefanaticFlag

8. Mr.K

@bawnian-dexeus ._. Oh..... I didn't know that he passed away in 2008. Never read the news. Goddamn it! But still, they will still use the animatronic and CG effects for JPIV, but without Stan, who would do the animatronic effects?

2 years agoby @mr-kFlag

9. Daniel Cantu

@themoviefanatic The concept art previously revealed for JP4 had some strange looking creatures wich would truly take the whole point of the movie being called Jurassic Park because they did not look like dinosaurs.

2 years agoby @Deadpoolx11Flag

@mr-k Umm...he passed away a while back in 08

11. Sean

@Deadpoolx11 They will have to come up with something new for JP4, that does not go to far or weird like what the unused concept art revealed for JP4 a while back ago had.

2 years agoby @themoviefanaticFlag

12. Mr.K

For those wondering if JPIV will use animatronics and CGI, then will still use CGI and animatronics since Stan Witson is still attached to the project.

2 years agoby @mr-kFlag

13. Daniel Cantu

@themoviefanatic Yeah, JS3 I wouldn't say a horrible movie it just didn't have a good plot in my opinion but if JP4 wants to outperform the earlier JP films a great plot/script will be needed. In my mind I am not sure how they can move forward with the JP without making the movie cliche.

2 years agoby @Deadpoolx11Flag

14. Sean

@Deadpoolx11 Well, there is the script too. Hopefully they can come up with a good story/plot for JP4. It doesn't all depend on the director, because there has to be a good script as well that the script writer has to come up with.

2 years agoby @themoviefanaticFlag

@thedude-abides Grew up as a Dino nerd so...

16. thedude-abides

@bawnian-dexeus I guess I kind of remember that... It's been 12 years since I've last seen that movie, lol.

2 years agoby @thedude-abidesFlag

@thedude-abides In part 3 the raptors have hair on their heads. A few lines, but still hair and new design on skin color

18. thedude-abides

@bawnian-dexeus Wait, they did? Where did you see this?

2 years agoby @thedude-abidesFlag

@thedude-abides like the old saying "Life finds a way"

@thedude-abides They did it with the raptors and I loved their new designs along with a green themed Rex. They can also change the cholor as per their evolution given their adaptation skills improving since Lost World

21. thedude-abides

@bawnian-dexeus Yeah, must have T-rex. I wonder if they'll have it covered in feathers... Modern science now believes rex, along with many other species in the cretaceous period, were not scaled, but feathered. I don't know about you, but I for one would love to see a bunch of people running from a giant chicken for two hours, lol.

2 years agoby @thedude-abidesFlag

Question is, will they go old school with a combination ofCGI and models /animatronics or Avatar the whole way?

@thedude-abides I half want the old cast to come back. A dream wish, bit anything with the star of the franchise returning (T-rex) I'm there instantly

24. Daniel Cantu

@themoviefanatic That is true it all depends on the director, would be a shame to see this movie turnout a disaster.

2 years agoby @Deadpoolx11Flag

25. thedude-abides

@narrator Agreed.

I know a lot of folks are probably clamoring to see the return of the franchise's familiar faces, but I'd personally like to see this story go in a different direction.

2 years agoby @thedude-abidesFlag

26. The Cryptkeeper: Resurrected

I've never been into these movies all that much; but I'll re-watch them (not in 3D) and give this one a shot.

2 years agoby @cryptFlag

27. Writer220

It should be aimed for 2015 - good choice for writers - would love to see the Ape director to helm this as well.
    I have had helped a little on the first one, I would love to return to this franchise.

2 years agoby @writer220Flag

28. JMP

Well I am excited for that but I don't want to see it in 3D

2 years agoby @jmpFlag

29. Garret

@narrator I agree, I don't want to see it rushed.. Was a bit surprised when I seen it slated for next year and nothing is done on it, shooting it won't take long but effects and what nots will take longer..

2 years agoby @garretbyrneFlag

30. Roberto Mata

@mosorwvlad It's not a bad idea, using the human-dinasour as a plot device, they could go very creative with it, the writers of Rise of the Planet of the Apes are amazing blending in evolution to a story and like @mr-k said there are a lot if ideas to go with such as the Barbasol can, the only thing I don't want is a plot like JP3, they need to return to their roots and make it like the first film.

2 years agoby @Roberto-MataFlag