Joss Whedon Has Completed the Outline for 'Marvel's The Avengers 2'

The 'Marvel's The Avengers' director also confirms the showrunners for his upcoming 'Marvel's S.H.I.E.L.D.' series.
Joss Whedon offers updates on The Avengers 2 and Marvel's S.H.I.E.L.D.
Joss Whedon offers updates on The Avengers 2 and Marvel's S.H.I.E.L.D.
It's tough to argue that anyone in the movie business had a better year than Joss Whedon. Between directing the top box office draw Marvel's The Avengers and writing The Cabin in the Woods, he even found time to make Much Ado About Nothing, set for release next year. The filmmaker, dubbed one of Entertainment Weekly's Entertainers of the Year, is also on board to write and direct The Avengers 2, and he already has the story mapped out, turning in an outline for the 2015 sequel to Marvel Studios. Of course, no story details have been revealed yet.

He also has the ABC TV series Marvel's S.H.I.E.L.D. in the offing, which he co-created with his brother Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen. If the pilot gets picked up to series, Jed Whedon, Maurissa Tancharoen, and Jeffrey Bell will serve as showrunners, with Joss Whedon serving as executive producer. He is also attached to direct the pilot episode, which will begin shooting in January 2013.

As for The Avengers 2, the main cast of Marvel's The Avengers are expected to return, including Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner, and Samuel L. Jackson.

Avengers: Age of Ultron comes to theaters May 1st, 2015 and stars Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Scarlett Johansson, Robert Downey Jr., Elizabeth Olsen, Chris Hemsworth, Chris Evans, Cobie Smulders, Jeremy Renner. The film is directed by Joss Whedon.

1. Daniel Klavitter

The story of the Avengers 2 is being set up in the Guardians Of The Galaxy, im a little dissapointed we wont be seeing Adam Warlock, considering the fact it was he, and the Hulk who defeated Thanos, theres a new team roster, Janet Van Dyne (aka Wasp), is making her presence in Iron Man 3, War Machine is taking the Place of Iron Man, he pulls himself out of the team due to alcohol problems, We know The Falcon is in Captain America 2, and it was confirmed that Emily Blunt is Playing Carol Danovers (aka Ms Marvel), now as far as villians go, Thanos is the main villian but the Masters Of Evil make there Presence now ass well, Radio Active Man, and Mandarin, are in Iron Man 3, Crossbones, and Winter Soilder are in Captain America 2.

2 years agoby @Daniel-KlavitterFlag

2. Sean

@thedude1 Yes, that is true. i have watched him in video interviews for The Avengers movie before in the past, and i do see what you mean about "acting to c*cky for a guy who has not done anything good outside of the Marvel universe", like you said.

2 years agoby @themoviefanaticFlag

3. TheDude1

@themoviefanatic Yeah like I said it is only my opinion. I don't hate the guy or anything I just think he acts way to c*cky for a guy who really hasn't done anything good outside of the Marvel universe.

2 years agoby @thedude1Flag

4. Sean

@thedude1 That usually happens to me as well where i would get bored, if i watch a movie in theaters more then once in theaters, that turns out to only be okay and not good after the first 2 or 3 times i watch it. But, i did not have that problem at all with Iron Man 2 or The Avengers.

2 years agoby @themoviefanaticFlag

5. TheDude1

@themoviefanatic Everyone has their opinion of any movie. My opinion of the Avengers was good the first two times I seen it. On my third viewing and more recently my fourth viewing I was really bored. It did nothing for me. It was a boring comic book movie in the bold of Iron Man 2 which was also boring.

2 years agoby @thedude1Flag

6. Sean

@thedude1 He didn't seem to ruin the first movie.

2 years agoby @themoviefanaticFlag

7. Xenon

I loved the first film, the only beef I have is why in heaven's name would shield agents be in an Avengers film?.
    That makes it top heavy with too many characters.
    If they want a S.H.E.I.L.D film then make one and they can make one without certain superhero characters, not all the time.

2 years agoby @xenon56Flag

8. David garcia

Please god let Spiderman be in this movie, and tell Sony to stop being a total piece of sh!t.

2 years agoby @David-garcia-67788063Flag

@bawnian-dexeus@ejk1 Maybe we could see SWORD by Avengers 3. I want to see Agent Brand and Danvers eventually, damn it.

2 years agoby @dan1Flag

@ejk1 Then I guess it would be ideal to introduce them in the TV series? More time to develope

@bawnian-dexeus Too early. SWORD would take time to form.

2 years agoby @ejk1Flag

@dan1@john-m Since we're on topic of "too many characters", wouldn't SWORD be introduced given that Thanos is a galactic threat? Or am I stepping too deep?

@john-m Black Knight is a pretty neat character but I would rater see Scarlet Witch or Vision. Of course that probably wont happen either. Witch is a mutant and I am assuming that FOX owns the rights to all that ATM. And vision is...well, you know.

2 years agoby @skywiseFlag

14. Nicholaus XX

I successfully thumbed this article down, 2-3 times. Ha.

2 years agoby @XxNickTheFilmCriticXxFlag

15. John M

Instead of Antman or the Wasp the Avenger character I would love to appear is Dane Whitman (Black Knight). He and Hawkeye are two of my favorite Avenger characters. I know it won't happen, but I can hope.

2 years agoby @john-mFlag

@skywise That would be heavenly for me.

2 years agoby @dan1Flag

17. Brandon S. Todd

I'm hyped for the Avengers 2. What I'm really look forward too is the Guardians of the Galaxy and how it will lead into the Avengers sequel. Can't wait to see Thanos versus Hulk. That'll be f*cking awesome on the big screen.

2 years agoby @brandon-scott-toddFlag

@dan1 One of my friends had mentioned that but I never really looked in to it. She would be perfect tho.

I am still interested to see if they are going to throw in Carol Danvers in one form or another.

2 years agoby @skywiseFlag

@skywise That's who she's rumored to play :)

2 years agoby @dan1Flag

@dan1 I would absolutly love to see Wasp in the next film. Was a little diaspointed she and Pym were not in the original...even if they were cameos. I mean, they are founding members of the Avengers.

I would really REALLY love to see Stephanie Szostak as Janet.

2 years agoby @skywiseFlag

21. the MovieGhost

@ejk1 I personally cannot wait to see Ultron, even though that won't be for many, many years.

2 years agoby @the-movieghostFlag

22. ROFLitschristian

Sweet. Glad this came quicker than expected, but I'd prefer Whedon take all the time he needs. Avengers was special because the time was taken to make it what it was. But then again, I could really go for some Thanos ruling!

2 years agoby @ROFLitschristianFlag

@ejk1 And I can see Whedon going that route.

2 years agoby @dan1Flag

@dan1 What I predict in Phase 2:
    Introducing Janet and Hank pre-Avengers 2, even if it's brief cameos. The only time we see Hank, he's in his lab working on a "top secret project." It all comes to fruition in Avengers 2, as they will need help in taking on Thanos. That help will be that project: Ultron. Thus, the seeds for Phase 3 are planted.

2 years agoby @ejk1Flag

@john-m Ha, we are of like mind :)

2 years agoby @dan1Flag

What I'd personally like to see... that rumor of Janet van Dyne showing up in Iron Man 3 actually happening, and introducing Hank Pym in Avengers 2, as they need his expertise for whatever, and him and Janet hitting it off and assimilating into the team amidst their current foe. Then getting their own solo Ant Man movie after we've gotten to know them. Least that's what I want. How bout y'all? @narrator@ejk1

2 years agoby @dan1Flag

27. John M

@dan1: I hope you're right. I know you're a big fan of Whedon. I think he's a good writer and a decent director, but he I don't think he deserves the praise the fanboys seem to want to give him. My biggest concern is that Whedon and Disney are going to add to many characters. If they want to add some characters like the Wasp or Ant Man that's fine, but I think they should get rid of a character. I think Iron Man shouldn't be in the next Avengers and they should cut down on S.H.E.L.D.'s screen time. If they do that they can add more Avengers and not affect the story that much.

2 years agoby @john-mFlag

28. MovieManiac

What the hell is with this sudden hate? Fanboys are so emotionally unbalanced, like they're PMS-ing or something.

2 years agoby @moviemaniac66Flag

@john-m I really don't think that's going to happen. He stated a while ago that Avengers 2 would be on a more personal level, smaller in scope. He has great character development in his shows, I'm confident we'll see some real growth in this one. The team has been assembled and established, that pressure is off him now. But you know me, I love Whedon, I'm naturally biased. We've had this discussion on Facebook.

2 years agoby @dan1Flag