Joseph Gordon-Levitt Not Alberto Falcone/The Holiday Killer in 'The Dark Knight Rises'?

Intentional misleading rumors might be coming out of Christopher Nolan's camp to throw people off the scent of the actor's true role.
Joseph Gordon-Levitt is not Alberto Falcone
Joseph Gordon-Levitt is not Alberto Falcone
Only a very select group of individuals within director Christopher Nolan's inner-circle know what is actually going on with the characters and storyline for the trilogy ending sequel The Dark Knight Rises. And that group is notorious for messing with fans, constantly throwing out misinformation just to arouse speculation and to add a bit of fun into the process of pre-production anticipation.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt was confirmed to be participating in the sequel on Friday. On Saturday, the very reputable Hollywood insider publication Variety stated that someone from deep within Christopher Nolan's camp had revealed that the actor will be playing Alberto Falcone, aka The Holiday Killer.

Well, it seems Nolan's camp was messing with us again. The also highly reputable Entertainment Weekly is now reporting that an equally trust worthy source close to Christopher Nolan is stating that the information leaked this Saturday is 100% false. Joseph Gordon-Levitt is not playing Falcone. And we may not know which DC Comics character he is playing until we get closer to the actually 2012 release date of the film.

In other news, there is rampant speculation that Juno Temple, who is in negotiations to play a Gotham street youth, is actually gearing up to be a female version of Robin the Boy Wonder. This bit of information has neither been confirmed nor denied. In Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns, a thirteen year old girl named Carrie Kelly is Robin, and some believe this will be the character Juno Temple takes on in The Dark Knight Rises.

The Dark Knight Rises was released July 20th, 2012 and stars Tom Hardy, Christian Bale, Anne Hathaway, Liam Neeson, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Gary Oldman, Marion Cotillard, Morgan Freeman. The film is directed by Christopher Nolan.

1. thedude-abides

Yeah, this is misdirection.

3 years agoby @thedude-abidesFlag

@masta-chiefed Couldn't agree more, dude. Well said.

3 years agoby @dan1Flag

3. Masta_Chiefed

@ignitedspade I just think it's selfish and unrealistic to request the Joker in the next Batman film. I highly doubt the mimicking of H.Ledger's movements//vocal inflections//facial tics is as easily transitioned as you may think. I wasn't even a big fan of Ledger, but his performance was an acting anomaly. Maybe you know enough bipolar, serial killer types his performance remains unimpressive to you. I personally don't. Also, anything short of Ledger's performance by JGL would be so fanatically picked apart it could potentially damage the true cinematic impact of this trilogy.

The risk far outweighs the reward. Most people can see the variables.

3 years agoby @masta-chiefedFlag

4. ignitedspade

@masta-chiefed I don't understand why some people think that just because someone did something, doesn't mean it can't be re-created or even made better. Give an actor any amount of time that Ledger had to perfect The Joker, and they can do it too. His voice and laugh can easily be re-created. As for myself, I'm pretty talented with voices, and even I can pull it off. The rest is just body movements and gestures. But you are right, Heath is dead, but that doesn't mean that a character he played should die too. I have no doubt that Gordon-Levitt couldn't re-create The Joker with enough practice and time. He's already got half the battle done seeing as though he looks like his twin.

And the whole "give it time" thing is ridiculous. By the time this movie is out, it will have been 4 years. I think thats enough time.

All in all, I really dont mind who the villain is, i just love these movies for what they are. It would just be a bonus to see The Joker again.

3 years agoby @ignitedspadeFlag

5. Josh

I'm telling you, man. He IS Falcone. It's a rumor within a rumor!

3 years agoby @shuabertFlag

I like the idea of Joker being left alone for a while. We got a good gap between 1989 to 2008, enough time for the character to be fresh and awesome again. Let's do that again. Thanks.

3 years agoby @dan1Flag

7. Masta_Chiefed

@ignitedspade The vocal inflections? The crazy sadistic laugh? The hand movements? Those things were perfected (and somewhat improvised) by Ledger and made the character what he is. I wouldnt mind seeing Nolan attempt it, but it could fail miserably. I know Nolan had the whole 3rd film set up to continue the Joker story line, however Heath is dead. We can't avoid that.

3 years agoby @masta-chiefedFlag

8. ignitedspade

My bets are on that he will play Joker, despite what anyone else says. Just because we lost such a great actor, does not mean his character dies too. Joker has a storyline that needs to end along with the trilogy. Even if the Joker has a small but significant role in the film, it still should be done. I don't find it believable Nolan would find an actor who basically is a Heath Ledger look-a-like, only to play something other than the Joker. Just my two cents.

3 years agoby @ignitedspadeFlag

9. moviegeek

Good griefff. Just wait until next year when we get some actual information. Enough false leads :P

3 years agoby @moviegeekFlag

10. Major Tom

Too bad. I remember a couple months back, someone made a guess that he would be playing Falcone. I guess they were right for about a day :P

Regardless, I really would love to see him as Black Mask, but at this rate, I don't care who he's playing, just that he's playing someone. And I'm not sure the girl Robin thing (or Robin at all) is a good idea. This is a trilogy ender, and adding Robin would open it up for more possibilities.

3 years agoby @movie-nutFlag

11. Billyboy

Anarky.

3 years agoby @billyboyFlag

12. Nautical

Ha! Jumping the gun again.
    Thats a bad ass pick of Joseph

3 years agoby @nautical05Flag

@fanboy well at least it give me something to rate...

3 years agoby @skywiseFlag

14. thrashnasty190

He would make a fantastic Holiday but I really hope he ends up playing Black Mask

3 years agoby @thrashnasty190Flag

15. fanboy

Im tired of these f*cking rumors, even though they sure are fun :D

3 years agoby @fanboyFlag

oh well, he would have made an awesome Alberto Falcone

3 years agoby @skywiseFlag

17. Goliath

Seriously, slap some make up on JGL and he would look just like this! http://www.flickr.com/photos/24575641@N03/2715467884/

3 years agoby @goliathFlag

18. Goliath

@TiJuRod, Amen! Nolan swore there wouldn't be a Robin, I hope he holds true.

3 years agoby @goliathFlag

19. TiJuRod

@goliath I would say he doesn't look like Heath Ledger but id be lying, I always thought he looked like Heath, and I hope there isnt no girl Robin

3 years agoby @tito-loves-jujuFlag

F*ckin thought something like this would happen.

3 years agoby @narratorFlag

21. Goliath

Tell me he doesn't look like Heath Ledger!!

3 years agoby @goliathFlag

22. Masta_Chiefed

Nolan is treading a fine line here. He could potentially turn people off from this movie with these falsehoods...

I get that he doesn't care about hollywood. I really respect that. Maybe he's just thinning out the herd of fans so to speak..

Ya know, he could sorta be paranoid about his actors after the H.Ledger thing.

Look what he's done to us... Sitting here speculating like school girls.

3 years agoby @masta-chiefedFlag

23. Gandoff

I dont care to much what role JGL will play, due to him being perfect for many Batman characters. But I personaly feel, despite Nolan being a true visionary to the Batman world, and despite another writers take on Robin being a female role, is something I wouldnt like. I see Batman Begins line, not just a revision of the story. But a realistic apprach to adapt the Batman world to the real world, all while staying true to the basic elements. How would it be staying true to the Batman creation if he puts to film a female Robin? I just hope it is pure rumor. Couse weither Robin is in or not, I feel Nolan will make a great film. Even if I dont like the idea of a Robin played outside the actual Batman world originaly created.

3 years agoby @gandoffFlag

I bet I stop caring sooner rather than later :P

3 years agoby @ejk1Flag

@shuabert lmao...

3 years agoby @dan1Flag

26. Jonathan Andrew White

I bet he will play The Black Mask not The Holiday Killer

3 years agoby @jonathan-andrew-whiteFlag

27. Josh

But who is to say that Nolan's camp is not being intentionally misleading by saying the initial rumor was intentionally misleading? Nolan might be pulling some multi-level Inception sh*t on us...a rumor within a rumor!

3 years agoby @shuabertFlag

28. Accessjam

he is going to be robin i know .there just making to much crap.........butt he will be robin

3 years agoby @accessjamFlag

29. m2

F..k, now I'll be mad if JGL isn't Alberto because I really what the Mob to be a bigger part of this movie than they were in BB and TDK. Why do they get us excited and at the end it's not true?

3 years agoby @m2Flag

30. RocknRolla

Even though Robin will prob never appear in this film, I still think Joseph Gordon-Levitt would make a badass Nightwing.

3 years agoby @rocknrollaFlag