'Jack the Giant Killer' Trailer

We also have the first poster for Bryan Singer's 3D adventure, which puts a new spin on the Jack and the Beanstalk fairy tale.
Warner Bros. has released the first trailer and poster for Jack the Giant Killer, which will debut in 2D and 3D theaters nationwide June 15. Click on the video player below for your first look at director Bryan Singer's action-adventure starring Nicholas Hoult, Ewan McGregor, Ian McShane, Bill Nighy, and newcomer Eleanor Tomlinson.

Jack the Giant Killer Poster

Jack the Giant Slayer was released March 1st, 2013 and stars Nicholas Hoult, Eleanor Tomlinson, Ewan McGregor, Stanley Tucci, Eddie Marsan, Ewen Bremner, Ian McShane, Christopher Fairbank. The film is directed by Bryan Singer.

Sources: Apple

1. justinishulk

Oh no Bryan.... but i will give a chance.... Nothing special but look ok.

2 years agoby @justinishulkFlag

2. Rufio

this looks really really good. especially since the poster is so cartoonish. i was not expecting much when i saw it b/c of how cheesy the poster was. that trailer looked pretty awesome.

2 years agoby @rufioFlag

3. BERSERKER

All right Bryan, this looks good. It meant even make up for Superman, (thinks about it) naw ;).

2 years agoby @Number1WolverineFlag

4. MovieManiac

@ejk1 - I 100% agree with you.

2 years agoby @moviemaniac66Flag

5. MovieManiac

Looks like a B-Movie.

2 years agoby @moviemaniac66Flag

6. Diaigma

Hmm. Curious. Just happy it's not at all what I thought it would be :P

2 years agoby @diaigmaFlag

@ejk1 Hmm, makes sense

@bawnian-dexeus Two words: Christopher Nolan. His take on Batman is revelatory, and when something in Hollywood is even slightly unique, the studios feel the need to copy the sh*t out of it.

2 years agoby @ejk1Flag

9. moviegeek

Saw this with Holmes. Looks hilariously bad.

2 years agoby @moviegeekFlag

@k-man@ejk1 I'm curious, and I am not going to sound like a hater, but did movie studios have a meeting in the past decade? First we are getting a realistic/fantasy approach of Snow White, and now the same with this. It's like with the superhero genre. They didn't pump out so much in the past and now they are coming out left and right like crazy (which is good mind you) and now it seems like we are getting the same treatment with fairy tales. I'm just really curious that all of a sudden all these stories I grew up with are now just getting the realism touch, and I can only assume Snow White and Jack-magical-beans won't be the last.

11. K-Man

@combatmadness360 - That is normally very true, yes, but this film began shooting at the beginning of this year, which means a lot of these shots are definitely completed. If there are any that are unfinished they are probably pretty close.....and quite frankly, if I was Bryan Singer, this would be unacceptable. Its not like a couple of the shots are bad......they're ALL bad!

Perfect example, Look at the "heli" shot, pulling away from the bean-stock as they are all climbing up it.....good God, is there ANYTHING in that frame that looks even remotely real?

Look at :56 (when Nicholas Hoult is sitting there with that idiotic, crooked smile on his face starring aimlessly into space)....that shot is SO CLEARLY shot in front of blue screen that its shameful.
    Or look at the shot of the giant running at the very end......It's not even exciting because it looks so ridiculous.

If you haven't already, watch this in 1080p on apple.com/trailers.....its a good laugh.

Quite frankly, this *looks* to be the worst presentation of a fantasy film since Eragon.....yes, THAT movie.
    They have a lot of similarities, none of which I'm liking.

I know it seems like I am just ripping this apart (which I am) but the crazy part is that I WANTED this film to be amazing. I really did! I've been mentioning this film on my anticipated films of 2012 list over and over this past year.....but I'm realistic, and this looks like sh*t. I'm not afraid to call it how I see it.

2 years agoby @k-manFlag

12. Xybernetic

*Muscular*

2 years agoby @xyberneticFlag

13. Xybernetic

Im not feeling that slim looking giant...Needed to be more moscular imo

2 years agoby @xyberneticFlag

14. andrewchiba

I have no idea what you guys are talking about, Singer is one of the worst directors out their.

2 years agoby @andrewchibaFlag

15. The Boondock Saint

Looks pretty awesome. I will be checking this one out.

2 years agoby @combatmadness360Flag

16. The Boondock Saint

@k-man Well, they could still be doing the special effects, color correcting, and what not. To see the final visual product, you really have to go see the finished product. In an early trailer like this, some of the visual stuff you kinda gotta expect to be not as good as they will be.

2 years agoby @combatmadness360Flag

17. CUPID

Looks alright.

2 years agoby @cupidFlag

18. T. King (Red Camera Man)

I'll see anything Bryan Singer makes. :-)

2 years agoby @redcameramanFlag

19. K-Man

@ejk1 - Bahaha! What gave it away?

No, I'm not a big fan of Jack, right now.

2 years agoby @k-manFlag

@k-man So, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you're not down with Jack :P

2 years agoby @ejk1Flag

21. K-Man

Oh, and lastly, I'm just going to go out on record and say that I DO NOT like Nicholas Hoult at all.

I'm just not a fan.

2 years agoby @k-manFlag

22. K-Man

Newton Thomas Sigel should be most embarrassed of all......as the DP on several great looking films, like X-Men, X2, Valkyrie, Drive and The Usual Suspects, he can do a hell of a lot better than THAT nonsense! That is the flattest lighting I've seen in a fantasy film in YEARS! Shooting this film digitally and in 3D isn't helping the situation......but f*cking hell that picture looks awful!!!

2 years agoby @k-manFlag

23. K-Man

Wow, talk about your all time HUGE disappointments!! I was looking forward to this (up until about 5 minutes ago) because I was sure it would be great with Bryan Singer behind it......WRONG! This looks absolutely terrible!!!

What the hell happened??? This film had so much potential!!! It needed to be dark, grimy and realistic (like Kingdom of Heaven with Giants in it, or perhaps even the last couple Harry Potter films)......not this child friendly, cheese-ball crap!!

.....And what the hell is up with those special effects??? What is this, 1998???

Oh MAN!!! This is straight up embarrassing for Bryan Singer. That guy just jumped down a few notches on my list!! He better make up for it on Battlestar Galactica.....BIG TIME.

............................................________
    ....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
    .............................,.-"..................................."-.,
    .........................,/...............................................":,
    .....................,?......................................................\,
    .................../...........................................................,}
    ................./......................................................,:`^`..}
    .............../...................................................,:"........./
    ..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
    ............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
    .........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
    ..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
    ...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
    ...,,,___.\`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
    ............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
    ............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
    .............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
    ,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
    .....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
    ...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
    ................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
    .....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
    ........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
    ...................................,

2 years agoby @k-manFlag

Not bad, but didn't Singer say this wasn't about the Beanstalk? Cause I saw a beanstalk.

2 years agoby @ejk1Flag

25. T.Clark

"From Brian Singer Director of X-Men"
    He obviously needs a comeback.

2 years agoby @insertusernamehereFlag

26. Cripple

Looks pretty sweet. Pumped for this.

2 years agoby @crippleFlag

27. K.Guy

Not impressed by the visual effects, but a decent trailer.

2 years agoby @kguyFlag