Is 'Twilight' Already Getting Remade?

Lionsgate owned Summit Entertainment is denying the reboot, but others don't seem very convinced.
Is Lionsgate rebooting the Twilight saga already?
Is Lionsgate rebooting the Twilight saga already?
Lionsgate's Summit Entertainment has denied rumors revolving a potential reboot of their insanely successful vampire series the Twilight saga, but it seems others are convinced that the reboot is going to happen.

The studio is stating that they are leaving the future of the series in the hands of the author Stephanie Meyer. Here is what Summit Co-Chairman Robert Friedman had to say about the rumor.

"We are not remaking Twilight. We will happily support Stephanie Meyer if she decides to proceed in any way. But this will be the last one unless that should change."

Bloody Disguting, on the other hand, predicted the reboot after reporting this story back in 2008.

"It is still undecided exactly what the future of the franchise will be, though. It could be a direct remake, considering the initial saga is so poorly made, but then again it could also be a spinoff or maybe even a one-off sequel. It could be anything to keep the green bills piling high. But expect a remake. They'll deny it, right here, right now. We'll get plenty of eggs in our face. Sites will burn us at the stake like a witch during the Salem trials. Still, the fact will remain: it's true. In fact, they're already discussing it internally. It will happen."

The series comes to an end November 16th with The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2.

Do you want to see the series rebooted? Sound off and let us know what you think.

Twilight was released November 21st, 2008 and stars Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson, Billy Burke, Peter Facinelli, Elizabeth Reaser, Cam Gigandet, Ashley Greene, Christian Serratos. The film is directed by Catherine Hardwicke.

1. Cierra

Seriously? Why can't people just leave it alone. The Twilight Saga is over, and while I am a huge fan of the series, I also know that there is a such thing as over doing something. Just let Twilight have it's peace, please!

1 year agoby @Cierra-55395863Flag

2. Sharon Simmons

Depend on who they cast i would probably like it better! Kristen stewart is one of the worst actresses ever! So they really coudnt do worse on bella! If they do remake it i hope they follow the books better! bella in the book seemed like an old soul smart, not a dippy teenager!

1 year agoby @Sharon-SimmonsFlag

3. CelluloidDreams

Hollywood ran out of ideas long time ago! Not surprised if it does happen!

2 years agoby @2movieguysFlag

@xenon56 Now I'd pay to see that

5. Newtron

If there is a "reboot" within the next five years, Hollywood will have officially sunk to a new low :I

2 years agoby @newtronFlag

6. The_Crow2k

This is terrible, terrible news.

2 years agoby @the-crow2kFlag

7. Xenon

Just turn it into a TV series like what they did to that other vampire show which is a lot more entertaining than Twilight.

...And there is only so much you can work with.
    personally if it were me, I would have made it as scary as hell.

Bella: Why are you doing this to me?
    Edward: Doing what? (plays with knife, puts it against her neck) I'm only doing what I am.
    Bella: What are you?
    Edward leans forward, vampire face emerges. Bella screams.
    Edward: I'm your f*cking nightmare (pauses) bleed for me.

Werewolf smashes through the window, howls at Edward.
    Edward: You mind we're having a conversation here.
    Growl
    Edward rolls his eyes, straightens. "Fine then, have it your way".

2 years agoby @xenon56Flag

8. Ledouchee

please... dear God, make it stop...

2 years agoby @ledoucheeFlag

9. SherlockHolmes2009

You gotta be sh*tting me, why would they make us suffer through this again

2 years agoby @SherlockHolmes2009Flag

10. Rudy

OH, MAMA MIA!! (that's the nicest way I can put my reaction to this news).

2 years agoby @rudyFlag

11. johnny

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 years agoby @johnnyFlag

@ejk1 One thing.... Lionsgate also has the Hunger Games trilogy to work on, and you could say the first one was well received, commercially and critically. They don't have to worry about Twish*t anymore.

2 years agoby @dan1Flag

13. Bane5000

Good lord people, just let this movie/franchise go already, imma be thankfull once this is over with

2 years agoby @bane5000Flag

The films suck because the books are pretty bad. Stephanie Meyer is not a very talented writer, its simple as that. It really doesnt matter how much it is remade or rebooted for whatever format it will still have those problems that make the books so stomach churning (and i am talking style here not substance). Those technical problems in the books are going to worm their way into any adaption.

And before any of you give me crap for saying that, yes, i have read them all.

...Hey i was bored, i was overseas and that is all their was. No shame...no shame.

2 years agoby @skywiseFlag

15. Pbcritical

This series has always been seen negatively and for good reason. The series never had the magic or creativity that we saw in Cronciles of Narnia or Harry Potter. It always angers me when people compare twilight to these great book to film adaption. I think the whole twilight series could have been just one film and been done with it. I want to see serious vampire movies again. Have one that deals with the need to feed, to stay away from light, to fear that humans may hunt them down. If they did make another type of this film don't go with Twilight. Change it up. Make a dark bloody romance film about a human and vampire. Like True Bloods taking a serious approach. I though the german film We Are the Night was a great way of doing this. But either way I wish they will just let the Twilight series die out and remain there for eternity.

2 years agoby @pbcriticalFlag

16. thedude-abides

Welcome to my world, cbm fans.

2 years agoby @thedude-abidesFlag

My opinion: make it into a Tv series. either from the start or a continuation. Why? Have you seen the numbers for TV shows lately? They provide nearly billions in revenue for the big studios these days; more than feature films. This way, they don't have to hold back on details and cut story corners. I recommended this before the first book was adapted and would have played off in the long run. Rating would have hit the rough every damn week. CW would have been a great home for it. But whatever. These are my two cents

18. ROFLitschristian

I thought Hollywood only remade and ruined GOOD movies.

2 years agoby @ROFLitschristianFlag

19. TheDude1

Highly unlikely they will reboot it right away. They also said the same thing about another massive franchise for Lionsgate, Saw. And there has been zero movement on that since the series ended almost 2 years ago.

2 years agoby @thedude1Flag

20. Xenon

A lot of girls and 12 year old boys enjoy this franchise since it's geared toward them.
    I find them mildly mundane and boring.

Vampire meets girl, girl falls in love, vampire converts her and has child. Four books in one, instead of making them boring all over again.

2 years agoby @xenon56Flag

21. LuxoIII

The only way I would support this is if Darren Aronofsky or Chris Nolan were involved in rebooting them and we all know that will NEVER happen.

2 years agoby @brady1138Flag

I wish i had something witty to say but i am nearly silenced with horror.

2 years agoby @skywiseFlag

23. Lyndsi Wood

I think we're missing the real big deal here.

NO ONE WAS BURNED AT THE SALEM WITCH TRIALS.

2 years agoby @Lyndsi-WoodFlag

24. the MovieGhost

*Yaaaawn*

2 years agoby @the-movieghostFlag

Generally I ignore Twilight stories, but I have to comment on this. Here's my personal opinion: This isn't based on a comic book character, which allows for reboots because of how many stories that can be pulled from one successful character. Nor is this franchise all that old; the first film hasn't even reached four years old. Here's the problem, and why Lionsgate may do this: they made a crappy film series, and it pales greatly in comparison to Harry Potter, a wildly successful and critically acclaimed series of films. Lionsgate wants the kind of accolades for its series that Potter gets. Well, too bad. Perhaps you should have made better films, Lionsgate. Maybe in fifteen years, but not now.

I also find this story to be a bad omen for the final film. It's not being released for five more months, and already the studio is talking reboot? Doesn't seem to bode well for the Twi-fans.

2 years agoby @ejk1Flag

26. justinishulk

Oh my... it is all about f&%$king money, you know...

2 years agoby @justinishulkFlag

27. jasdjqs

No f*cking way

2 years agoby @jasdjqsFlag

28. Cartman

90% of the worlds population are dumbass twilight fans - a reboot will get them money like hell,.. why will anyone not do a reboot when they know they will make awesome profit?!

Even you and I will do the same if we have a studio,.. der are just 2 things the haters can do 1) watch the movie 2) not watch the movie....

2 years agoby @c-a-r-t-m-a-nFlag