'Iron Man 3''s Drew Pearce Wants to Write Another Movie for Marvel

The 'Iron Man 3' writer offers his thoughts on Marvel's upcoming set of movies and discusses the possibility of DC following the same model with 'Justice League'.
Drew Pearce talks Marvel's Phase Two and DC's Justic League
Drew Pearce talks Marvel's Phase Two and DC's Justic League
Iron Man 3 scribe Drew Pearce recently sat down with SciFiNow and expressed his excitement about Marvel's upcoming Phase 2. He also discussed the possibility of a crossover/shared universes project at DC.

Here he talks about the next wave of projects coming from Marvel and if he is going to be involved.

"This next phase has such a good bunch of directors, from the Russos, who by all accounts have knocked it out the park with Captain America 2 - I've seldom heard buzz from the editing room as good as that movie. The Avengers 2 will be Joss Whedon's baby, and reaction to James Gunn's Guardians of the Galaxy has been brilliant. Even after the tough journey of two and half years making Iron Man 3 as good as it can be, I don't just have respect for Marvel as unit; I'm honored for my time there, and I'm constantly talking to them about what we do next."

He goes on to discuss the possibility of DC following the same model as Marvel.

"There's a lot of talk about whether Warner are following the Marvel model, but I think they're just following The Dark Knight model and using to branch out, character by character. It's a smart move that they're not trying to do Justice League and they're going to bring Batman and Superman together their next movie instead. I think DC are still doing their thing, I don't think it's particularly derivative of Marvel. There's definitely more of a sense of 'Marvel Studios did this well, maybe we should take care to join up our part of the the Marvel universe' at Fox. It's trickier because they're not coming from as clear a place as Marvel was, because they already have a bunch of continuity issues, though I'm sure X-Men: Days of Future Past is going to clean that up. I'm sure in Fantastic Four there will be a sense that it's the same world as the mutants exist in."

Justice League comes to theaters in 2018 and stars Gal Gadot.

Sources: SciFiNow

1. Xenon

still haven't seen it- I will but as for this news lets wait and see what happens next.

11 months agoby @xenon56Flag

2. CelluloidDreams

Don't do it!!

11 months agoby @2movieguysFlag

3. CoreyB

@thedude1 Ok message me back here when u can I'll be missin our talks.

4. TheDude1

@CoreyB Good to hear. Good day for me so far. I'm on lunch break now so sadly we are not going to be able to talk for a few hours.

11 months agoby @thedude1Flag

5. CoreyB

@thedude1 Not bad not bad just about to heat up some food how about urself?

6. TheDude1

@CoreyB So how is your day going so far friendo?

11 months agoby @thedude1Flag

7. CoreyB

@thedude1 I think the only one of those ive ever watched was the batman and robin one...didnt i tell u to fu*k off?

8. TheDude1

@CoreyB So they just make things up about a film? You are a joker today I guess.

11 months agoby @thedude1Flag

9. CoreyB

@thedude1 the fact that ur a fan of those stupid videos shows me what type of person u are...u know they make those for like every movie right? Even best picture noms...idiot

10. TheDude1

@CoreyB Hey friend what is going on today? Well the honest trailer for Iron Man 3 was released last night. Go check it out. Makes great points on why IM3 was awful.

11 months agoby @thedude1Flag

11. CoreyB

Cant even talk to me in a language I understand ya big baby...ya lil child. @OhhmeohhMy go f*ck dein selbst urself eh

12. OhhmeohhMy

@CoreyB Nun, ich kann sprechen drei Sprachen . Ich bin erzogen , und ich habe einen guten Job . Ich mache eine Menge Geld. Ich bin sehr erfolgreich. so k&#246nnen sehen, wenn Sie drei Sprachen kennen. Ich ging zu einem Ivey Liga Schule. Ich lebe in New York City. also ich bin sehr stolz auf mein Selbst. so go f*ck dein Selbst.

11 months agoby @OhhmeohhMyFlag

13. CoreyB

@OhhmeohhMy cya later clown...two losers i should say. Iron Man 3 was good and the biggest movie of 2013 deal w/it fanboy babies.

14. OhhmeohhMy

@CoreyB I'm not talking to you anymore. Bye. Whatever Douche.

11 months agoby @OhhmeohhMyFlag

15. CoreyB

Two clowns ill go all night woop woop movieweb war!!

16. CoreyB

@thedude1 fu*k you!!!

17. CoreyB

@OhhmeohhMy laaahooooser

18. TheDude1

@CoreyB I really want to be your friend. You seem like a civil person who never freaks out.

11 months agoby @thedude1Flag

19. OhhmeohhMy

@CoreyB you are of no importance. I don't want to a child or adult with a child like mind anymore. Bye.

11 months agoby @OhhmeohhMyFlag

20. CoreyB

@OhhmeohhMy if u wanna MSG me then don't spell the name wrong u lil scared bitch

21. CoreyB

@thedude1 yeah ur not funny

22. OhhmeohhMy

@CoryB more blah blah blah

11 months agoby @OhhmeohhMyFlag

23. OhhmeohhMy

More blah blah blah

11 months agoby @OhhmeohhMyFlag

Let's be fair here, I may not want him near another Hero movie based on Iron Man 3, but so far and in my opinion, it is his first big f*ck up. He's been reported to have polished the upcoming Godzilla movie, he's working on the next Mission Impossible movie and has done work on Pacific Rim, so I can give him a chance. That being said, if his next work fails, then I wan't credit him or defend his line of work.

11 months agoby @bawnian-dexeusFlag

25. TheDude1

@CoreyB Don't ever talk to you again? But I thought we were going to be good friends. Hang out all the time.

11 months agoby @thedude1Flag

26. CoreyB

@OhhmeohhMy Again w/the stalker talk huh? jeesh ur insane. Ya cant like a movie or its star nemore is that it? Ur already showing that if u knew Downey Jr ud be a dush and not talk to the fans hahaha that what type of person u are. healthy new hobby? I can do whatever the hell i want and say whatever the hell i want. I love givin it back to fu*ks like u and the puss Dude over there.I didnt waste my day at all i love sh*t like this. Reading comments of someone who claims that and I quote "you dont know the first thing about films like i do..."??? really? delusional bastard. Listen u get off this message board and off my nuts ok...? ur hangin off my nuts buddy. Get a life will ya?

27. Sean

@CoreyB Yeah, I think you're right.

11 months agoby @themoviefanaticFlag

28. Sean

@OhhmeohhMy Good point.

11 months agoby @themoviefanaticFlag

29. OhhmeohhMy

@CoreyB Actually I'm glad of every single word I told you. Thrust me if I knew Robert Downey Jr. I promise I would not be talking to some fanboy. Ohh excuse stalker. But please get off this message board and got find a healthy new hobby. The only thing I regret is wasting my entire day on here. And I feel sorry for anyone who has to read your comments. @thedude1 I would like to Apologize to you to. That you had to wast your day reading his comments.

11 months agoby @OhhmeohhMyFlag

30. CoreyB

@themoviefanatic dont say nething other than Iron man 3 sucks! dont u know these maniacs will let u hear it?! Trust me sean ive tried... same people who would tear apart whatever movie gets great reviews and makes a boat load of money...they cant admit some mainstream sh*t is good