'Iron Man 3' Set Photos with Mark XLVII and Iron Patriot Armor

Production resumes in Florida after Robert Downey Jr. recovers from his ankle injury.
Back in May, we showed you the first look at the Iron Patriot armor on the set of Iron Man 3, the Marvel Studios sequel starring Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark. Today, we have a closer look at this patriotic armor with new photos from the Florida set, which also includes a glimpse at Iron Man's new Mark XLVII armor. Production was suspended briefly while Robert Downey Jr. recovered from his ankle injury on the set, but they are back on track now, shooting at a fake beach restaurant dubbed Neptune's Net.

By request, these photos have been removed.

Iron Man 3 was released May 3rd, 2013 and stars Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Cheadle, Guy Pearce, Rebecca Hall, Jon Favreau, Ben Kingsley, James Badge Dale. The film is directed by Shane Black.

Sources: The Daily Mail

1. Lee Roy A. Ponke

The patroit suit is connected to Osbourne from Spiderman and Oscorp is too but may not be mentioned or shown in the Iron Man 3 movie. Both Ironman and Spiderman are Marvel properties but theyre being produced by different film companies so might have to change the story unless they can get permission to use Spiderman names

2 years agoby @Lee-Roy-A-PonkeFlag

2. Jason Cranford

they should have gone with the color scheme from the comics because this looks like Iron Captain America.

2 years agoby @Jason-CranfordFlag

3. Shadow Of The Day

Cool.

2 years agoby @asifFlag

4. Vanboy

Good to see that they got rid of the triangle chest window. Disliked that very much. The guy in the third pic with the cap and shades looks like Aaron Eckhardt. I think Steve Rogers and Patriotic Iron Man might have a bonding moment or it could create a great chance for Cap to throw some zingers Starks way, if it carries over to Avengers 2.

2 years agoby @vanboyFlag

5. Sean

@mcleve02 I like what i see as well.

2 years agoby @themoviefanaticFlag

6. THE JOKER

I like the way it looks. I don't mind the upgraded suits because technology is always growing and that has been the reason for the new suits... it makes sense to me! I like what I see!

2 years agoby @mcleve02Flag

7. David garcia

Before did they say that this is coldblood's (James badge dale) iron patriot? Or still James rhodey.

2 years agoby @David-garcia-67788063Flag

8. Sean

@ghostman Yeah, i think so as well. I just cannot imagine seeing War Machine wearing a suit like that.

2 years agoby @themoviefanaticFlag

9. Sean

@phatalphd The suits will look better on screen in the movie when iots released to theaters, considering that the images above are just images on the set of Iron Man 3.

2 years agoby @themoviefanaticFlag

10. lance123

I am going to watch that for sure

2 years agoby @lancelievenseFlag

11. David garcia

So there's gonna be Iron Man mark 8, warmachine, and Iron Patriot. So whatever happen to the Bruce banner cameo?

2 years agoby @David-garcia-67788063Flag

12. David garcia

@Xavier-Brown I very, very, very hope so that this and Spiderman 2 will lead to the avengers sequel, well for Spiderman that is. And i read that (forgot the website) Disney and Sony wanted to have the OsCorp building in New York as a tongue'n'cheek background, but there wasn't enough time. If this is Iron Patriot and not rodey's warmachine, probably this is cyborg character (which i just his name and forgot as always) in the IP armor.

2 years agoby @David-garcia-67788063Flag

13. Xavier Brown

so is this movie going to be a tie in to the spiderman reboot?

2 years agoby @Xavier-BrownFlag

I know they have always been turned down but these just seem a little over the top. I know its nit picky and I am sure it will look great in action but the photo just doesnt do justice.

2 years agoby @skywiseFlag

The armors look great but the turned down mouth slit is a little silly. I hope they do not pack this with too many characters that, as @superman81 are not needed. But everything I have read so far has been very positive. I hope it is better than IM2...which wouldnt really be that hard to accomplish.

2 years agoby @skywiseFlag

16. Major Tom

I've always really liked the new suit, and IP doesn't look bad, either. This is probably my second most anticipated Phase 2 Avengers movie.

2 years agoby @movie-nutFlag

17. Superman81

@Jacob-Fredrick IM doesnt need IP anyways. Its just like Spider-Man 3 with Venom. He was thrown into the mix and was not needed. If Marvel wants to screw it up by having someone else play IP just so they can say he is in the movie then so be it but it would go against what they have been working so hard to establish

2 years agoby @superman81Flag

18. SherlockHolmes2009

Cant wait for this one

2 years agoby @SherlockHolmes2009Flag

19. Jacob Fredrick

@superman81 we all know norman osbounre is iron patriot,but once again marvel does not own the movie rights to the "spiderman" movie characters

2 years agoby @Jacob-FredrickFlag

20. ROFLitschristian

I'll admit, I wasn't too into the promo art for theses new suits. However, they came out WAY better than expected. I like them, a lot.

2 years agoby @ROFLitschristianFlag

21. Superman81

So between IM, IM2, and Avengers Stark has created and used 46 suits? this would be 47 since its the Mark XLVII or is this just another fabulous reporting job by MW? Also I thought it was confirmed Iron Patriot was War Machine? If its IP then its BS because we all know who IP was and this movie seems like its going to have too much going on. If this is the last IM then maybe it will work but if not why overshadow the main villain Mandarin??!!

2 years agoby @superman81Flag

22. Jacob Fredrick

anybody who is a marvel fan knows that stark doesn't keep a suit for long, i mean this is not going to be the only suit he wears. im pretty sure he'll wear others,take iron man 2 for example

2 years agoby @Jacob-FredrickFlag

23. Jacob Fredrick

@brady1138 no that is war machine,just painted different

2 years agoby @Jacob-FredrickFlag

24. phatalphd

I wish captain america's suit looked this good. His suit looks straight dookie if you ask me.

2 years agoby @phatalphdFlag

Well, Stark does go through new suits the same way he goes through women, so...

26. incmob

new suits are only warranted for more variety of action figures... case in point batman forever and batman and robin.

still not feeling the color scheme. i understand that they want to redefine it due to it being the extremist armor, and overall if the movie is awesome it wont matter, however i love the traditional red with gold. just a personal taste i guess.

@phatalphd@dfella i also agree that every new film does not need a new suit.

2 years agoby @incmobFlag

2 years agoby @dan1Flag

28. Ghostman

Hhmmm...maybe that is Iron Patriot after all and not War Machine's new armor.

2 years agoby @ghostmanFlag

29. phatalphd

@CristiMarin10 I feel ya, the pics dont get me jazzed up, but they do usually look badass once you see em in motion.

2 years agoby @phatalphdFlag

30. supermanvenom

Looks cool, the suit will grow on everyone.

2 years agoby @supermanvenomFlag