Ice Cube and Chris Tucker Planning 'Friday' Sequel

Tommy Lister, who played Deebo in the 1995 comedy, reveals the pair are trying to get the original cast back for a new sequel.
Ice Cube and Chris Tucker are planning a Friday sequel
Ice Cube and Chris Tucker are planning a Friday sequel
The 1995 comedy Friday launched the acting career of Chris Tucker, where he played the hilarious drug dealer Smokey alongside Ice Cube. Tommy Lister, who played Deebo in Friday, reveals both Ice Cube and Chris Tucker are hatching plans for a new Friday sequel. Here's what Tommy Lister had to say about this new project below.

"There's a lot of conversation, that's hopefully going down next week with Ice Cube and Chris Tucker about doing one more Friday. This is going to be the big one. We talked on the phone a couple of weeks ago, and I'm going on Chris' private jet to do something in St. Louis, where I chase Chris on the stage."

Ice Cube wrote the original Friday, along with DJ Pooh, but it isn't known who is writing this untitled sequel. Friday, which grossed $27.9 million from a $3.5 million budget, spawned the sequels Next Friday and The Friday After Next, although Chris Tucker did not star in those follow-ups.

Friday was released April 26th, 1995 and stars Ice Cube, Chris Tucker, Nia Long, Tommy Lister, John Witherspoon, Anna Maria Horsford, Regina King, Paula Jai Parker. The film is directed by F. Gary Gray.

Sources: TMZ

1. Jamz@glam13

unfortunately this became one of those franchise things that was more about the money me and my mates love the original yet my brother loves the third one i think it is a generation thing i hope they can pull this off, problem is at the time it was so fresh and people could relate to it just hanging out with mates chillin and neighbourhood being so alive with stories, but there is not a sense of community any more in alot of places. should they do it i don't know chris tucker has being playing smokey in most of his films if you get what i am saying.

3 years agoby @glam13ukFlag

2. Monkeyiron 2.0

Bout time sh*t I'm real tired of Mike EPps in the Friday movies

3 years agoby @monkeyiron2-0Flag

3. Space101

Poor desperate Chris Tucker scramming to get some money from another Friday movie...That being the case, it's gonna be good to see Smokey back in action!

3 years agoby @space101Flag

4. BERSERKER

This is good, i've been dying to see Tucker, Ice, and Epps chemistry together.

3 years agoby @Number1WolverineFlag

5. SpideR-OnE

hope see John Witherspoon on cast :)

3 years agoby @spider-oneFlag

6. Rudy

They better put their asses into it.

3 years agoby @rudyFlag

7. Black Jesus

3 years agoby @black-jesusFlag

8. thedude-abides

Well, as the site's resident racist bastard (for lame persons read Contagion review and comments) I take it upon myself to agree with @ejk1. This is ten years too late.

3 years agoby @thedude-abidesFlag

I thought i had read...way back when...that Tucker wanted to distance himself from these films because he didnt want to be viewed as a user of drugs. Not sure how true that was but he definatly did not return for any sequels.

Having said that, I would be down for ONE more Friday if they bring him back.

3 years agoby @skywiseFlag

@cestlavie Spoken like someone who just realized he made a colossal mistake, and is too stubborn to admit it. You're forgiven, but you're still a dumbass. Have a great night :)

3 years agoby @ejk1Flag

11. cestlavie

@ejk1, dude you are ignorant...nuff said

3 years agoby @cestlavieFlag

@cestlavie Look at my comment. Where is race? I'm talking about the past. Cube's and Tucker's. Remember that CUbe was from NWA? Or that Tucker's famous catchphrase from Friday was, "And you know this, man!"? Let's do a rundown here: My first comment was about how Tucker has nothing else going on (which is true), and that Cube is tired of family oriented garbage (which is possibly true). Overall, it was just a little bit of a jokey statement, perhaps with a little bite. Next, @thedude1 agrees, knowing full well that there was no malice in what I said. Then you, because you're obviously an overly sensitive fan, gets offended. Then I write a statement about how your ass is stuck in the past of the career of both men. Then you say "I don't know what race has to do, blah, blah, I'm a dumbass." Oh wait, you didn't call yourself a dumbass. Well, I'm calling you one. Anyways, thanks for jumping to stupid conclusions. It clearly demonstrates exactly how "informed" you aren't.

3 years agoby @ejk1Flag

13. cestlavie

@ejk1, have no idea what my comment has to do with race other than the fact that you stated they are doing this because they have absolutely nothing else to do. such an 'informed' comment must come from someone that surely knows them personally.

3 years agoby @cestlavieFlag

@cestlavie Wow, I'm assuming you still have an NWA poster above your bed, and refuses to stop saying,"And you know this, man!" Yeah, thanks for coming, dipsh*t.

3 years agoby @ejk1Flag

15. cestlavie

@ejk1 and TheDude1 - i assume you know them both personally and they told you this themselves...wow, how original

3 years agoby @cestlavieFlag

16. TheDude1

@ejk1 You are absolutely correct.

3 years agoby @thedude1Flag

Translation: Tucker has absolutely nothing else going on, and Cube is tired of family-oriented garbage. Lots of luck, guys.

3 years agoby @ejk1Flag

18. ChiRep_1

Well duh, what else do they have to do?

3 years agoby @ChiRep-1Flag

19. CUPID

@moviemaniac66 Agreed!!

3 years agoby @cupidFlag

20. The_Crow2k

Tucker is back in making movies....i guess the salaries from 'Rush Hour' trilogy didn't covered the mortgage.

3 years agoby @the-crow2kFlag

21. Georgia DiPirro

Next Friday is my favort out of these. I like Ice Cube and Chris Tucker so it will be fun to see how this one turns out.

3 years agoby @Georgia-DiPirroFlag

22. MovieManiac

Best news I heard all day. I love the first Friday movie.

3 years agoby @moviemaniac66Flag