Hugh Jackman to Take a Break from 'Wolverine' After 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'

The franchise star reveals that he needs to spend more time with his family, with the Mutant sequel being the last on his current contract.
Hugh Jackman talks life after X-Men: Days of Future Past
Hugh Jackman talks life after X-Men: Days of Future Past
Hugh Jackman recently sat down with The Hollywood Reporter and discussed his plans for life after X-Men: Days of Future Past. With this sequel being his sixth appearance as Wolverine, this installment is the last he is committed to appear in.

Here is the actor discussing how he came to find out about the sequel.

"I first heard about it around October or November. I was literally finishing 'The Wolverine' and dreaming about lasagna, and about three weeks before the end, they told me. There was no way I was not going to be part of that.

He goes on to talk about how he wants to get back home and spend time with his family in New York's West Village.

"I told my agent, after 'Days of Future Past', I need to be home."

He went on to say that he has not read the full screenplay and that he has only read the eight page synopsis.

Production is slated to begin in April in Montreal.

X-Men: Days of Future Past comes to theaters May 23rd, 2014 and stars Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender, Nicholas Hoult, Peter Dinklage, Hugh Jackman, Evan Peters, James McAvoy, Ellen Page. The film is directed by Bryan Singer.

1. TheObserver

@xenon56 Fair enough!

1 year agoby @TheObserverFlag

2. SherlockHolmes2009

Man deserves a break from playing the character. He needs to kick back and get ready for the Oscars

1 year agoby @SherlockHolmes2009Flag

3. Xenon

@TheObserver I read an article that Hugh stated that it was hard for him to get angry. That doesn't bold well with me.

1 year agoby @xenon56Flag

4. Corey W.

So it's not just Wolverine he's taking a break from, he's taking a break from acting in general. We probably won't see him at all in 2015.

1 year agoby @coreyFlag

5. TheObserver

@xenon56 imho maybe Jackman is not the problem here ,yes I TOTALLY agree with you about the true nature of Wolverine, he is basically a wild beast and that's why I think that the writers keep tryin to humanize him as much as possible in these movies and maybe it has nothing or little to do with the actor in that particular case.

1 year agoby @TheObserverFlag

6. Xenon

@dfella please learn to spell I can't make out what you're saying.

As for Jackman he's a great actor though I find he's not the best Wolverine. Everyone I come in contact thinks Logan is a superhero and I keep pointing out that he's a killer and nothing more.
    I'm hoping The Wolverine will be better than the other installments.

1 year agoby @xenon56Flag

7. Raoul Duke

God, I wish Marvel was making this. Excited nonetheless.

1 year agoby @raoulduke33Flag

8. Dfella504

yall's sum fukn f*gs or lil kids???? cuz i c u guys don't respect good acting or u fukers don't no good acting..who da hell else is there sum sh*t off of twilight to do da part? i don't think so...so stop being a bunch of diicks!!!!! an respect that he not turning down da roll or being a dick an asking for more money so TRU fans can have sumn to look forward too....

1 year agoby @dfellaFlag

9. LazerDude

if Jackmen wants a break then I say give the movies a break till he is ready... I don't want to have to get used to someone else being wolverine when he has done it so well for so long....

1 year agoby @lazerdudeFlag

10. T. King (Red Camera Man)

This guy DOES need a break after being Wolverine for SO long.

1 year agoby @redcameramanFlag

11. Xenon

good

1 year agoby @xenon56Flag

Wolverine is cool and all but for crying out loud lets show some love to those other loveable mutants....like Nightcrawler.

1 year agoby @skywiseFlag

13. ROFLitschristian

He's one of the best casted actors for a hero, but let's be honest. I'm sure we can all take a break from Wolverine.

1 year agoby @ROFLitschristianFlag

14. Roberto Mata

Well I think we all deserve a break from Superheros.

1 year agoby @Roberto-MataFlag