Hugh Jackman Talks 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine' Sequel

The actor discusses the possible Japan storyline for the new film.
CBS News' Katie Couric recently spoke with X-Men Origins: Wolverine star Hugh Jackman about plans for a sequel to the summer blockbuster. Click below for the interview segment where Jackman talks about exploring the Japanese storyline from the comic books.

We'll be sure to keep you posted with any new details on a X-Men Origins: Wolverine sequel as soon as new information comes forward.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine was released May 1st, 2009 and stars Hugh Jackman, Liev Schreiber, Danny Huston, Will i Am, Lynn Collins, Kevin Durand, Dominic Monaghan, Taylor Kitsch. The film is directed by Gavin Hood.

Sources: CBS News

1. Vanboy

Thanks Bane! I guess they didn't give a crap for the X-Men universe, the future success of the movies or even the fans. What a bunch of dicks!

Maybe it was the only way for them to give a jab to Bryan Singer.

5 years agoby @vanboyFlag

2. Bane5000

lol, damn im always miss spelling something, i need to type slower to catch myself

u know the media, maybe its true, maybe it isnt im just saying i read something bout that a while back...

5 years agoby @bane5000Flag

3. Chad Vital

James Marsden you mean? And I doubt that was the reason lol. I never liked Cyclops in the films, he was a f*cking douche and got his ass kicked A LOT. I like James, but they made you hate his character, which was uncool. Xavier technically isn't dead, so they could bring him back in some loop hole kind of way. Jean was alright, nothing special. I thought Xavier's death was more depressing than either Cyclops or Jean.

5 years agoby @chad-vitalFlag

4. Bane5000

Vanboy, i read somewhere a while back that the reason James Jarsden[ cyclops] was killed off so quick in X-3, was because Fox got butt hurt he went to do superman returns with warner bros, so that was theyre childesh,cry baby way of gettin back at him...by killing his character off

can u say jeloussssss :]

5 years agoby @bane5000Flag

5. Vanboy

Yeah Portfan. We need to have an X-Men 4, so they can bring back Cyclops and Xavier and have Jean Grey return!

I hate when great characters get killed, but aren't really killed and they are just kind of left for dead, because Hollywood is dragging it's heels!

5 years agoby @vanboyFlag

6. Portfan

I'd like to see a Wolverine movie that sets up an X-Men 4 movie somehow. Admittedly I don't know very much of his storylines, but there must be one or two that could be used.

5 years agoby @portfanFlag

7. Vanboy

Chad, I agree with what you said about Katie Couric. I guess she was trying to be funny, but she failed and came off looking rude. And she couldn't even do the claws right. Wolverine's not a freakin' cat! He's the last to laugh, because when she's forgotten in history, everyone will remember him. She's the one failing as a news anchor. And he's too much of a gentleman to tell her off. I'm sure her boss told her off though.

5 years agoby @vanboyFlag

8. firstonetodieloses

i think Hugh Jackman means well, and he actually does get the story somewhat but at the end of the day Wolverine: Origins was a total rape of what the original storyline was. I liked how they used some of the Team X members in it but the rest of the mutants were just for show. Gambit (as much as I wanted him to be on film) did not belong in there at all. Emma Frost and Silver Fox related? FAIL Deadpool having just about every power? FAIL It's been stated time and time again (so far) that Wolverine and Sabretooth are NOT related yet in the movie they're brothers? FAIL and finally the old couple playing James and Heather Hudson, coulda saved those for a third movie with Alpha Flight before Wolverine joins the X-Men...which would come full circle to the first movie!...FAIL marvel, major FAIL

I get its impossible to show everything cause Wolverine's history is by far the longest out of any other X-Man, let alone Marvel character but at stay true to the character!

5 years agoby @firstonetodielosesFlag

9. Bane5000

yeah, atleast something like that

if they cant have the mask, atleast make the boots resemble his from the comics so people know what theyre trying to do.

i can see a slight chance for the mask, if they do throw in silver samurai, who wears a mask also as we all know, for there final fight they wear theyre respected head gear....i know, wishfull thinking on my part lol

5 years agoby @bane5000Flag

10. Chad Vital

If you don't know his filmography, or at least get some info on them, don't ask questions about it. Idiot lady.

5 years agoby @chad-vitalFlag

11. Chad Vital

Like a more realistic leathery-ish looking suit bane5000? I suppose that could work. I think they like him not wearing a mask though (so you can see his facial expressions and what not) which is why Deadpool didn't have the mask either (otherwise not many people would even know it was Reynolds besides the diehard fans).

Btw this lady sucks at interviewing, you don't make fun of somebody's films, no matter your tastes, that was way unprofessional of her and he even laughed it off cause it was awkward when he did the whole claw thing. It's like 'ok lady, don't be a dumbass and talk sh*t' considering Hugh Jackman's career came from being Wolverine. Does she even know that or does she think he is famous now from Australia? Her shrewd question "are YOU gonna do ANOTHER one of THOSE Wolverine movies?" Are you f*cking kidding me? Fire your cue card guy seriously. Stupid people should not do interviews lol.

5 years agoby @chad-vitalFlag

12. Cripple

If they can do this story, I say go with it

5 years agoby @crippleFlag

13. bounded

Did you guys see the sexual tension between these two?

5 years agoby @boundedFlag

14. Remy72883

say what you want i enjoyed the last one throughly, so if this is a go, i say hell yeah.

5 years agoby @remy72883Flag

15. Bane5000

as ive said before in other news bout the sequel, i know some, if not all of us, want to see logan in his respected comic book costume, and maybe he can be in it as part of his samurai or ninja body armor at some point in the movie or during battle with silver samurai...as always friends, wat do u think???

5 years agoby @bane5000Flag

16. Vanboy

But by now we already know his origins. Why can't they just call it Wolverine, and lead up to when we meet him in X-Men? Or he can just go off on some other adventure, having nothing to do with those other storylines.

And what ever they do, before they start filming, kill anyone who would even think to put raw footage of their work up on the internet.

5 years agoby @vanboyFlag

17. ridgl

Alright. I could get onboard with that.

5 years agoby @ridglFlag

I hope it lives up to it. It is truly an entertaining piece I would like to see made. And make it a bit more elemental. That would be appreciated. And yes Comrade, new director. Not a maybe, a hell yes. Gavin Hood messed up. I mean he had a vision but he is not big enough to argue with the studios and he needs money like everyone. Get someone passionate and big in hollywood behind the camera, or at least ballsy enough to argue key points that Fox will most likely want to change for quick profit. I mean have the not learned from TDK. If you make a good story, it pays better than cheap entertainment that kiddies will see. That and maybe an actor will die on it. jk. But seriously, I want this to work so bad.

P.S. Hugh is still the man. USe some of you star power buddy and kick Fox in the balls when they get out of line. Much appreciated.

5 years agoby @narratorFlag

19. JonSpidey07

they did explain on the Wolverine DVD that they had to set the roots 1st
    where he came from
    then they can go into the Japan storyline where he falls in love with Yuriko and fight the Samurai
    I hope its just as action-packed

5 years agoby @jonspidey07Flag

20. -comrade-

New writers and (maybe) a new director, please. Convey the Japanese era of Wolverine well, don't sh*t all over your last chance.

5 years agoby @taberjohnson18Flag

21. HAPPYJACK

Think thats the storyline they should of had for the first one.

5 years agoby @happyjackFlag

22. kingbrady

whenever they decide to film this movie, there will be confidentiality agreements for everyone, this will be kept hush, Fox is gonna have to make sure a leak doesnt happen again like what happened in April...i could see them push a 2012 release

5 years agoby @kingbradyFlag