Hugh Jackman Departs 'Avon Man' for 'Wolverine 2'

Kevin Lima is directing the upcoming comedy which Jackman will still produce.
Hugh Jackman will not be the Avon Man for 20th Century Fox
Hugh Jackman will not be the Avon Man for 20th Century Fox
Hugh Jackman has bowed out of the upcoming comedy Avon Man, which we reported he joined last July. Deadline New York is reporting that he will still be attached as a producer of the film, which Kevin Lima is directing for Fox.

The site also reports that Jackman's Avon Man departure is a likely indicator that he is prepping to step back into his Wolverine role for the sequel X-Men Origins: Wolverine 2. Christopher McQuarrie wrote the script for the sequel and, while no director has been attached as of yet, it was believed that Fox is getting the film ready to go into production next year.

Avon Man was scheduled to start shooting in October and the site indicated that producers have started reaching out to other actors to fill in for Jackman. They still plan on making their October start date for the film. Avon Man, which was written by Allan Loeb, centers on an auto salesman who, after getting laid off, swallows his pride and takes a job selling Avon door-to-door. He then rallies his struggling town and laid-off co-workers to join him to help win a regional sales competition.

It was also reported that Jackman could shoot the Civil Rights film Selma for director Lee Daniels before shooting X-Men Origins: Wolverine 2. Jackman would portray Sherrif Jim Clark, whose arrest of Martin Luther King sparks the Civil Rights movement. No production schedule has been set for the film, but it is believed to have secured funding through The Weinstein Company, Pathe and Skyline Pictures.

We'll be sure to keep you posted on all of Hugh Jackman's upcoming projects as soon as more information comes in.

Avon Man is in development .

The Wolverine was released July 26th, 2013 and stars Hugh Jackman, Tao Okamoto, Rila Fukushima, Hiroyuki Sanada, Svetlana Khodchenkova, Brian Tee, Hal Yamanouchi, Will Yun Lee. The film is directed by James Mangold.

Selma comes to theaters January 9th, 2015 and stars David Oyelowo, Tom Wilkinson, Carmen Ejogo, Andre Holland, Omar J. Dorsey, Tessa Thompson, Colman Domingo, Tim Roth. The film is directed by Ava DuVernay.

1. Bane5000

"Would u like to try this new Avon blush, ma'am "

" No i don;t think i will today, thank you "

...Snikt, Snikt...

" I think u better try the blush, ma'am " lol

4 years agoby @bane5000Flag

2. T.Clark

I hope it's better than the first.

4 years agoby @insertusernamehereFlag

3. IamBATMAN

f*ck you hugh jackman... go live in hole somewhere and rid yourself from the entertainment business

4 years agoby @iambatmanFlag

4. Cripple

Sweet.

4 years agoby @crippleFlag

5. DoubleR0522

Great news, can't wait 2 c it

4 years agoby @doubler0522Flag

6. RojoDiablo

Look forward to the next Wolverine flick no matter what it's called!

4 years agoby @rojodiabloFlag

7. ed_wood

I'll see this for sure, besides I have a bad feeling about First Class.

4 years agoby @ed-woodFlag

8. -comrade-

@Spongebob_Boxofficepants

Your spam is so spammy I could eat it with a fork.

4 years agoby @taberjohnson18Flag

9. -comrade-

I concur

V

4 years agoby @taberjohnson18Flag

10. Canucklehead

They shouldn't call it X-Men Origins: Wolverine 2. In fact they shouldn't even call it Wolverine 2, they should just pretend that the other movie never happened, and just call it "Wolverine"

4 years agoby @canuckleheadFlag

11. Escapist

Haha, he dumped cosmetics for Spandex. I like!

4 years agoby @escapistFlag

12. Goodbye

Well.If a Frank Miller story is involved it could be good.Let's just pray you're right Masta_Chiefed.

4 years agoby @drifter49Flag

13. Masta_Chiefed

Wolverine 2 will be better cus they're using a Frank Miller story. It will rock under the right direction.

4 years agoby @masta-chiefedFlag

14. On Borderlands

I get realy tired of the marval movies to meany big actors fighting over the screen...

4 years agoby @cbourneFlag

15. Spongebob_Boxofficepants

Hugh was famous for being Wolverine and I praised for his performance!
    I guess we will all love him as the rabid,furious,metal-clawed,berserking mutant,so does Hugh!
    I'm looking forward to X:W2

4 years agoby @spongebob-boxofficepantsFlag

16. -comrade-

Although I still wish First Class was an out and out reboot. That entire franchise is heading the same place as the old Batman movies. That is, a complete and total sh*tshow.

4 years agoby @taberjohnson18Flag

17. -comrade-

This Wolverine better not suck or be a huge p*ssy like the one I saw in Origins.

4 years agoby @taberjohnson18Flag

The only part I liked in Wolverine was when his girlfriend was telling her weird story, and he was like "man, kookookachu got screwed". Got a small laugh from me.

4 years agoby @dan1Flag

19. Jimthar

yeah but he's still doing 'butter', which looks retarded. and he's also got that dumb 'boxing robot' movie coming out too. honestly, wolverine is the only GOOD news coming from jackman.

4 years agoby @jimtharFlag

20. ZanyZap

Let's see: chop off heads with extendable claws or sell old toads mocha scented cosmetic products? Yeah, Jackman is proud to be a man's man. Or he just has a fetish for black tights and steel...

4 years agoby @zanyzapFlag

21. Diaigma

::runs for the hills:: NOOOOOO!!! :P

4 years agoby @diaigmaFlag

22. Bane5000

Hi, my name is Logan, im you local Avon representative lol

4 years agoby @bane5000Flag

23. Monkeyiron

What the F*ck is Avon Man

4 years agoby @monkeyironFlag

24. Diaigma

Good call, Jackman. Anything is better than being an AVON man! :P

4 years agoby @diaigmaFlag

25. I AM FRATSON

ok. The original trilogy was based off of wolverine being a central character. However, I think first class can exist in the same universe even if it goes on to be perhaps a new chapter, the new trilogy, in the franchise. I dont argue anything that has happened in the first trilogy, but they can def bring characters back. They are based on the comics afterall and resurrections happen more often then not.

That being said, I do not think this is a failed franchise by any means. The 3rd one had a lot of faults that need to be redeemed. I think with the recasting and the direction I see this going in with the actors that have been signed, they are pushing for more than just this one movie with these characters.

The amazing thing with the xmen, you can so many different stories. As much as I was opposed to it when it happened, Edward Norton did make a good point. Isnt it about the character, not the actor? I thought a lot about that and am accepting something I cannot change. I like Ruffalo, and I am excited to see how he does with Banner. With that, there are so many great things that can still come from the xmen. Even if it is with a new cast, they can still exist in the same universe.

4 years agoby @iamfratsonFlag

26. Remy72883

personally i look forward to this being a fan of the x-men series yeah some things could have been better however i think origins was great and i look forward to this sequel,and without Jackman in first class its gonna suck he alone carried the series and if anyone says otherwise they are seriously misguided we all have to admit one of the main reason why we went was to see are bad ass mutant finally slashing people up

4 years agoby @remy72883Flag

27. firstonetodieloses

easiest way they could've done it: They REALLY screwed up by making the Hudson's old first of all, I'll get back to that. Wolverine should've ended with him losing his memory. The second movie (I think they're going in this direction) would be him going to Japan and studying under Ogun, introducing Mariko as the love interest bad guys could be Lady Deathstrike (yes again with a better background), Silver Samurai, and the big bad could be Ogun once he goes 100% bad (Mariko dies at the end of the movie). The trilogy that would've made me happy would've been him going to Canada after Japan in the third movie and joining Alpha Flight and Department H after being recruited by the Hudson's (as Vindicator and Guardian, that's where they screwed up making them old). Introduce Puck, Snowbird, Aurora and Northstar and how badass would Sasquatch look. Bad guys could be Omega Red (would love to see him on film) and possibly another big mutant bad guy. At the end of the movie Logan has a falling out with Alpha Flight and decides to go off on his own. You can show him entering the bar where Rogue finds him in the beginning of X-Men.

But yeah Wolverine Origins sucked for me and you can tell by the above I'm an actual Wolvy fan, disappointed for sure (especially how they used Deadpool)

4 years agoby @firstonetodielosesFlag

28. Mmm_mmm

snkit

4 years agoby @mmm-mmmFlag

@bane5000, everything that you wrote is why I am hoping for a reboot. Bring the great stories, and the great villains. Why can X-Men make Mystique, Nightcrawler, etc., but not Apocalypse or Sinister? It's aggravating.

4 years agoby @ejk1Flag

30. Bane5000

@ejk1...true, its not failed yet, but they need to reaize the great material they have to work on and step it up from there instead of supressing it to please fox executives and what they feel should be x-men, when they probably never picked up an issue till the movies were made

u know what would be a dream X-men film that would flip what eveyones thinks they know of the characters solely from the movies... an Age of Apocolypse film trilogy, that would be killer, and a great stand alone trilogy with different views on the characters and actors playing them...i can see marvel studios doing something like that...if and when they get the rights back of course

4 years agoby @bane5000Flag