All 13 episodes will be available on the four-disc Blu-ray and four-disc DVD sets for House of Cards: The Complete Second Season with stunning collectible packaging on both releases, along with five bonus featurettes. "Two Houses" explores the differences between the classic '90s British mini-series, as well as the history of how this project came together. "Table Read" gives a behind-the-scenes look at table reads cut together with the actual scenes from the show, demonstrating how the scene changes from script to screen. "Direct Address" focuses on the way Francis talks directly to viewers, breaking the 4th wall, and the differences between how it's done in the original show versus how it is used in this series. "Politics for Politics Sake" explores the universal themes of the show, including relationships and power, not just politics. Finally, in "Line of Succession," fans can get a closer look at the creative process that goes into producing an episode.
House of Cards: The Complete Second Season features an exceptional cast, including Kate Mara (TV's American Horror Story), Michael Kelly (TV's Person of Interest), Sakina Jaffrey (The Domino Effect), Sebastian Arcelus (TV's Dora the Explorer), Michael Gill (TV's The Guiding Light), Gerald McRaney (TV's Mike & Molly), Molly Parker (TV's Dexter), Nathan Darrow (Rigged), Jayne Atkinson (TV's Criminal Minds), David Clennon (J. Edgar), Boris McGiver (TV's Person of Interest), Larry Pine (TV's Hostages), Curtiss Cook (TV's Blue Bloods), Spencer Garrett (TV's Masters of Sex) and John Scurti (TV's Rescue Me).
Written by award-winning playwright and Academy Award nominated screenwriter Beau Willimon (Farragut North; The Ides of March, Best Writing, Adapted Screenplay, 2011), House of Cards: The Complete Second Season is executive produced by David Fincher, Beau Willimon, Eric Roth, Joshua Donen, Kevin Spacey, Dana Brunetti, Andrew Davies, Michael Dobbs and John Melfi. The one-hour drama is produced by Wade/Thomas Productions and Trigger Street Productions, Inc. in association with Media Rights Capital.
The Underwoods continue their ruthless rise to power. New alliances form while old ones succumb to deception and betrayal. Francis and Claire must battle threats past and present to avoid losing everything.
Blu-ray and DVD Bonus Featurettes:
- "Two Houses" - Exploring differences between the original show & the history of how this project came together.
- "Table Read" - A behind-the-scenes look at table reads cut together with the actual scenes from the show.
- "Direct Address" - Exploring the way Francis talks directly to viewers in both the original & new series
- "Politics for Politics Sake" - Politics is only the back drop in this show, but the themes are universal. This featurette explores what the show is all about -- relationships and power, not just politics.
- "Line of Succession" - A look at the creative process that goes into making an episode.