'Hong Kong Phooey' and 'Marvin the Martian' Test Footage

Writer/director Alex Zamm shares two short films he made for these live-action/CGI Warner Bros. movies currently in development limbo.
Christmas came a few days late for fans of Warner Bros.' The Looney Tunes and Hanna-Barbera. Writer-director Alex Zamm has decided to share two test demos from the live-action/CGI hybrid movies Marvin the Martian and Hong Kong Phooey, which are currently in development limbo. Both shorts are quite entertaining, and it sounds like Eddie Murphy is voicing Hong Kong Phooey. He has been attached to the project for years. But we could just be hearing a voice impression of the comedian. The shorts are both produced by Alcon & Rat Entertainment for Warner Bros. What do you think? Do you want to see feature length versions of these shorts? Or are a couple of minutes good enough for you? It is being speculated that, since Alex Zamm posted both of these online, the projects are most likely dead. That has not been confirmed by Warner Bros.

Marvin the Martian is in development . The film is directed by Alex Zamm.

Hong Kong Phooey is in development and stars Eddie Murphy.

1. CarsonMaitland

And who's gonna play Marvin the Martian

1 year agoby @CarsonMaitlandFlag

2. CarsonMaitland

Why's the kid who plays Fletcher in Ant Farm in that Looney Tunes movie

1 year agoby @CarsonMaitlandFlag

3. Geekster

YEY FOR MARVIN no to PHOOOOOEY!

2 years agoby @The-Mudder-F-cking-Loud-KillerFlag

4. Geekster

Marvin The Martian could be soo gooood he's one of those characters :L just so fun and so plaintive you couldn't kiddyfy it to save your life and i love Phooey but it was a big Scooby Doo for me :/

2 years agoby @The-Mudder-F-cking-Loud-KillerFlag

5. gumperman

@monkeyiron2-0 Yeah, I know, but most of the time it wasn't a very good impression.

2 years agoby @gumpermanFlag

6. Mr.K

@cryptkeeper my same reaction while watching the Hong Kong Phooey footage.

2 years agoby @mr-kFlag

7. Ev1l_Sp00n

Marvin was good but loose the kid he sucked.

2 years agoby @ev1l-spoonFlag

8. Monkeyiron 2.0

@gandoff I think the kid might make Marvin his friend and Marvin will change his mind about destroying xmas

2 years agoby @monkeyiron2-0Flag

9. Gandoff

@keesjecola Yeah, but Duck Dodgers was Daffy and Porky... But with you bring it up, a Duck Dodgers with Marvin would work.

@monkeyiron2-0 The kid might be a Bugs stand in, but to me, would work better with Bugs. He would be more a "hero" type against Marvin then what looks to be a kids using Marvin as a tool if you get what I mean.

@bawnian-dexeus Me too. Re-runs of Looney Tunes would be way better. I miss my Saturday morning Looney Tunes show. I would love to see a full length movie, made to run like the old cartoon show then a live action toon movie like this. For me, these kind make me think of Space Jam WAY to much. ...lol I think it could work, but I doubt it.

2 years agoby @gandoffFlag

10. Monkeyiron 2.0

@gumperman it wasnt its that guy who do a Murphy impression

2 years agoby @monkeyiron2-0Flag

11. KeesjeCola

I don't think I will like it so much. The movies should be aimed at kids. Like Pixar-movies aren't aimed at kids. I don't think they'll ever make cartoons like they used to. Media changes, and what was popular in my childhood (MC Hammer, anyone?) is completely different from what is popular now, (say: One Direction)
    @gandoff Duck Dodger in the 21st 1/2th century worked without Bugs, but I get your point.

2 years agoby @keesjecolaFlag

12. gumperman

That defiantly wasn't Eddie Murphy.

2 years agoby @gumpermanFlag

13. Monkeyiron 2.0

@bawnian-dexeus i feel you brother

2 years agoby @monkeyiron2-0Flag

@gandoff I rather show my kid reruns of the classic cartoon with both characters than these

My childhood just keeps getting raped up the ass

16. Monkeyiron 2.0

@gandoff i think the kid is a human version of Bugs Bunny

2 years agoby @monkeyiron2-0Flag

17. Gandoff

If it was done right, Marvin the Martian is one I would rather see made. With that said, they both have that kid angled humor that would be a good family movie to take kids to. That is what I think some may be missing. These are not movies to be made for those who grew up 20-30 years ago or farther out. But for kids of today. If you seen some of the crap Disney puts out on their network, then you would understand who they are gunning for so to speak. Never was a huge fan of Hong Kong Phooey. But again could work. Just don't know how Marvin the Martian would work with out a Bugs Bunny to play off of.

2 years agoby @gandoffFlag

18. Monkeyiron 2.0

I admit I due like both of them because it made me laugh with it's slapstick humor. But I had equal problems for both

Phooey-I like how they keep in tune with the character by making him naive and making actually due kung-fu stunts. What I don't like is that hit in the crotch joke used too much in Warner Bros. kid movies.

Martian: I like the tone the movie has and making the kid act like Bugs what I dont like is the fact that this could've be used as a Looney Tunes Reboot movie

2 years agoby @monkeyiron2-0Flag

19. Mr.K

Rather than bitch, I'm just gonna be honest about how this "movies" would work out:

Hong Kong Phooey: It could work but man, was the humor terrible and Eddie Murphy is very miscasted as the main character. He doesn't really bring in the charm on what made the original character so good. The joke of Phooey getting hit in the nutsacks is goddamn tiresome and toilet jokes.... Really? I wanna see Phooey kick ass, not drink toilets and be a f*cking moron. It could work but please boot out Alex Zamm and Eddie Murphy from the project before they ruin another good movie based cartoon.

Marvin The Martian: Just.... Why? You already ruined this beloved character with The Looney Tunes Show. Why are you doing this Warner Bros.? As for the short, It was meh and that kid was terrible, worst than the girl from PA4.

With that said, maybe I will see them but I'm not really looking forward to them.

2 years agoby @mr-kFlag

20. The Real Goku

No ..... & No.....

2 years agoby @therealGokuFlag

21. Upsmann44

They better make these. I've been waiting for Hong Kong Phooey for years now. However I am upset about how Spot looks, he is not grey he's yellow and brown.

2 years agoby @upsmann44Flag