'Hit Somebody' to Reunite Ben Affleck and Matt Damon

Director Kevin Smith wants the duo to cameo as Boston hockey players, and may bring Bruce Willis back as well.
Ben Affleck and Matt Damon to reunite on-screen in Hit Somebody
Ben Affleck and Matt Damon to reunite on-screen in Hit Somebody
When director Kevin Smith revealed at Sundance that he is self-distributing his horror movie Red State, he also announced that Hit Somebody will be his final movie as a director. Earlier today, Kevin Smith announced that he plans to bring back actors Ben Affleck and Matt Damon for cameo appearances in Hit Somebody. Here's what he had to say about the actors portraying Boston hockey players in his movie.

"They're all coming back. It's like The Muppet Movie. You've got your core cast, and then a zillion cameos. It's going to sum everything up. We'll have a team in Boston, and who do you think I'm going to call? Both of those dudes."

He even said that he would extend an offer to Bruce Willis, who starred in his movie Cop Out, to cameo in Hit Somebody.

"I'm not even ruling out Bruce Willis at this point. I'd duck, but I'd put a stick in Willis' hand."

Hit Somebody, which is based on the song by Warren Zevon, will center on a hockey enforcer who aspires to be more well-rounded player.

You can Click Here! to watch the hour-long video chat with Kevin Smith.

Hit Somebody was released in 2013 and stars Nicholas Braun, Kyle Gallner, Michael Angarano. The film is directed by Kevin Smith.

Sources: MTV

1. RojoDiablo

I personally think he's too young to quit directing for good, maybe he'll change his mind down the road. At least he didn't say he wasn't going to act anymore also, that way Silent Bob can still be available for another Clerks film!

3 years agoby @rojodiabloFlag

2. Dyjado

He's said before he plans on doing a Clerks III in a few years though...well, if Jay and Silent Bob are in this movie Ill be satisfied :)

3 years agoby @dyjadoFlag

3. Disciple419

I don't think Kevin will quit making movies. He said he wasn't going to direct his own scripts anymore. Zack and Miri was a big letdown at box office but it was still a good movie. Hope Red State opens wide release. He's taking it on tour to raise money for prints of the movie.

3 years agoby @disciple419Flag

4. bud2fresh

I'll see it for a few good laughs.

3 years agoby @bud2freshFlag

5. Xenon

I saw one of his earlier films years ago, he's not bad but he's not good either.
    I would rather see the two actors as the Grimm Brothers

3 years agoby @xenon56Flag

6. Rufio

i agree with @mixlexic, @moviegeek and @Jimthar... not all that disappointed to see/hear smith leave directing.
    he's gone from being comically pessimistic to just being a bitter man. his movies are even less appealing now than before.

3 years agoby @rufioFlag

7. ed_wood

Can't wait for this or Red State. Hope its not his last, and I kind of doubt it will be.

3 years agoby @ed-woodFlag

8. Jimthar

@moviemaniac well he's worked with willis twice already, he cant hate him that much.
    @moviegeek i agree with you. i wont miss him much either. i always thought his movies were very overrated by the nirvana generation. they're ok movies but, nothing to go crazy over.

3 years agoby @jimtharFlag

9. Mixlexic

Used to love Kevin Smith films but as I get older the prospect of a new movie by him just doesn't excite me. Snoogans

3 years agoby @mixlexicFlag

10. mosorwvlad

When i finished reading this title, i just went outside and slapped somebody. I just hope it woks though.

3 years agoby @mosorwvladFlag

11. RocknRolla

Well as long as we get a Jay & Silent Bob cameo because it's his last movie, then I'll be happy.

3 years agoby @rocknrollaFlag

12. Pjwolsker

id like to see ben direct a movie with him and matt as the stars

3 years agoby @pjwolskerFlag

13. Pjwolsker

id rather see them together as stars then have them as cameos

3 years agoby @pjwolskerFlag

14. The Soylent Green Monkey

I think the man is done. He's taken up SModcast and the network hardcore and film has kind of fallen by the wayside. Like he said on the latest Red State pod, "I wasn't born to be a filmmaker." And, I think that this film, Hit Somebody, will be his last, and here's hoping he goes out with a bang.

3 years agoby @soylentgreen2Flag

15. Daveactor7

Hm. Smith had experience in directing them in "Dogma" so I have no doubt he'll do fine here. But I love seeing these two together on screen. "Good Will Hunting" best example

3 years agoby @daveactor7Flag

16. Brian Gallagher

Smith is starting up Smodcast Films which, after Hit Somebody, will basically be a production company that will help others get their movies made. Still.... I wouldn't be surprised if he did direct another movie, but I'm guessing 10 years.

3 years agoby @gallagherFlag

Last movie? Hmm... we'll see.

3 years agoby @narratorFlag

He says he's gonna stop, but I'm betting he'll be back within 5 years of "retirement".

3 years agoby @dan1Flag

19. Ezio

I agree with Wolf1979.I do think this is a great idea but I want more Jay and Silent Bob.

3 years agoby @EzioFlag

20. Cripple

I would watch this movie just for that.

3 years agoby @crippleFlag

21. Smitty-werbenjagermanjensen

f*ck! no!! really wanted to see a lil more jay and silent bob in the future, or at least one more time. why would he wanna drop directing , his films are so great

3 years agoby @Smitty-werbenjagermanjensenFlag

22. moviegeek

Can't say that he'll be missed all that much by me.

3 years agoby @moviegeekFlag

23. MovieManiac

I swear that Smith said that he hated working with Willis. Either way I am still seeing this because Smith is one of my favorite filmmakers and this is apparently his last movie so I will definately be there.

3 years agoby @moviemaniac66Flag