Hell on Wheels tells the epic story of post-Civil War America, focusing on a soldier who sets out to exact revenge on the Union soldiers who have killed his wife. His journey takes him west to Hell on Wheels, a dangerous, raucous, lawless melting pot of a town that travels with and services the construction of the railroad, an engineering feat unprecedented for its time. The lavishly-produced series documents the railroad's engineering and construction, as well as institutionalized greed and corruption, the immigrant experience and the plight of newly emancipated African-Americans during Reconstruction. Chronicling this potent turning point in our nation's history, this fan favorite series shows just how uncivilized the business of civilization can be across 10 absorbing episodes.
Developed by Endemol USA and produced by Entertainment One and Nomadic Pictures, Hell on Wheels is created, written, and executive-produced by Joe and Tony Gayton (Faster, Uncommon Valor, The Salton Sea, Bulletproof).
- Anson Mount (City By The Sea, Cook County, Line of Fire)
- Common (Just Wright, Date Night)
- Colm Meaney (The Conspirator, Get Him to the Greek)
- Dominique McElligott (Moon, The Philanthropist)
- Ben Esler (The Pacific)
- Tom Noonan (Damages, The House of the Devil)
- Phil Burke (Mercy)
- Eddie Spears (Into the West)
- Wes Studi (Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee, Heat)
- "Recreating the Past: The Making of Hell on Wheels"
- "Crashing a Train: From Concept to Camera"
- Seven "Making-of" Featurettes
- Ten "Inside the Episode" Featurettes
- Seven Character Featurettes
- Behind-the-Scenes Footage