'Hell on Wheels' Renewed for Season 2 on AMC

Anson Mount, Colm Meaney, and Common star in this Western series about the drama surrounding the trans-continental railroad in the 1860s.
AMC has renewed Hell on Wheels for Season 2
AMC has renewed Hell on Wheels for Season 2
AMC has renewed its new original series Hell on Wheels for a second season. Five of the network's six original series have received Season 2 pick-ups - Mad Men, Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead, The Killing, and Hell on Wheels. Rubicon is the only AMC show to be canceled after the first season.

Hell on Wheels started strong in November, with 4.4 million viewers tuning in to the series premiere. The numbers have slid since then, although the show manages to draw over 2 million viewers per episode. The last episode Episode 1.07: Revelations, drew in 2.3 million viewers last Sunday night.

Hell on Wheels, created by Joe Gayton and Tony Gayton, stars Anson Mount, Colm Meaney, Common, Dominique McElligott, Tom Noonan, Eddie Spears, Ben Esler, and Phil Burke. The show revolves around the construction of the trans-continental railroad, and a mysterious Southern drifter named Cullen Bohannon (Anson Mount) seeking vengeance against the Union soldiers who his murdered wife.

It isn't known when production will start on Season 2 of Hell on Wheels.

Sources: Deadline

1. Nicholaus XX

Only thing that could make this anymore awesome is if they add the first-season to Netflix instant like they did with The Walking Dead.

2 years agoby @XxNickTheFilmCriticXxFlag

2. Ron Feilen

Direct TV "Search" has to be using idiots to update listings. It says there are no future episodes of this show yet AMC is showing it every Sunday night as scheduled.

2 years agoby @Ron-FeilenFlag

3. CelluloidDreams

never watched it .....never looked .....well interesting!

2 years agoby @2movieguysFlag

4. Ron Feilen

Anyone know why show hasn't appeared in South carolina for episodes 6 & 7 and there are none scheduled in the near future either. I get Direct TV and AMC here is channel 254 but it hasn't been on since I saw episode 5.

2 years agoby @Ron-FeilenFlag

5. JoeDISH

Great news my favorite show on AMC is getting another season. I enjoy westerns and a lesson in history. I always wanted to know what life was like and what workers dealt with building tracks to cross the U.S. Watching this show in HD shows how dirty things were and how life was difficult. Getting access to HD has never been easier. I enjoy all the HD content with over 200 channels available. I set up the HD free so I never will pay for HD again. This is offered to any customer of DISH who has HD and I never had some much HD. Now that I have so much HD I don't know what I would do without it. If I wasn't an employee I would still have DISH. There is no other pay-TV provider who offers a value like this to customers.

2 years agoby @JoeDISHFlag