Hasbro in Talks with Michael Bay for 'Transformers 4'

Hasbro CEO Brian Goldner reveals the toy company is also in active discussions with executive producer Steven Spielberg to continue on with this lucrative franchise.
Transformers 4 in the works at Paramount and Hasbro
Transformers 4 in the works at Paramount and Hasbro
Hasbro CEO Brian Goldner revealed on an investor's conference call that the toy company is in "active discussions" with Paramount Pictures for Transfomers 4. Executive producer Steven Spielberg and director Michael Bay are involved in the talks, and Brian Goldner expects to have news on the sequel in the next fiscal quarter.

Brian Goldner also talked about a number of other movie projects based on Hasbro products.

"We continue to actively develop a number of additional Hasbro films with great partners and writers, including Micronauts, Ouija, Candy Land, Risk, Stretch Armstrong, Clue and Monopoly."

Back in August, Universal Pictures dropped Ouija from its production slate. However, Brian Goldner indicated they are in a situation similar to Disney's restructuring of Lone Ranger. Brian Goldner said the Ouija script is being reworked, and he expects it to find a new studio home shortly.

Micronauts is being developed for J.J. Abrams at Paramount. The scripts for Monopoly, Clue, and Risk are also being worked on.

Transformers: Age of Extinction was released June 27th, 2014 and stars Nicola Peltz, Mark Wahlberg, John Goodman, T.J. Miller, Stanley Tucci, Kelsey Grammer, Sophia Myles, Jack Reynor. The film is directed by Michael Bay.

Ouija comes to theaters October 24th, 2014 and stars Olivia Cooke, Ana Coto, Daren Kagasoff, Bianca A. Santos, Douglas Smith, Matthew Settle, VIVIS, Robyn Lively. The film is directed by Stiles White.

1. moviegeek

Thumbs down to every other word in this article though.

3 years agoby @moviegeekFlag

2. moviegeek

I would love to see a Clue movie. I think it would be great :)

3 years agoby @moviegeekFlag

Yes to Spielberg but i wouldnt mind seeing some new blood behind the cameras.

3 years agoby @skywiseFlag

4. JonSpidey07

oh do shut up, these movies arent bad, they are fun summer blockbusters

3 years agoby @jonspidey07Flag

5. BERSERKER

I hate reboots, but please for the love of god reboot Transformers.

3 years agoby @Number1WolverineFlag

6. TheSymbiote

Why does everyone blame Michael Bay?
    I mean there are writers too

3 years agoby @thesymbioteFlag

7. CelluloidDreams

I hope it's shorter than "Transformers 3"...damn that film went on forever it seemed like!

3 years agoby @2movieguysFlag

8. CUPID

Bay or not i still wanna see TF4

3 years agoby @cupidFlag

9. MovieManiac

@felipe-11 - Yeah, the show is pretty corny and cheesy but there are a lot of fan stories and comics which have stories which are leagues better than Bay's films stories. I do agree with you on the first five minutes of DOTM. Once those first five minutes started, i thought to myself "Okay, now this is the transformers that I love", but once the opening logo appeared and the next shot was Rosie Hunington Whiteley's ass, I remembered "Oh wait, this is a Michael Bay film. Nevermind"

3 years agoby @moviemaniac66Flag

10. Replicant

@moviemaniac66 Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed all of em the first time I saw them too, the thing is they're so dumb that even the special effects and the action can't save these films on a 2nd or 3rd viewing. The first one is the most re-watchable one I think.

Btw, I never saw ANY of the cartoons or anything from Transformers when I was a kid and from what I hear I know it's quite crappy, but lets face it they could still make it way better.

The first 5 minutes of DOTM are great, if they would've put as much effort into the ENTIRE plot as they did into those 5 minutes they could have made it way better.

3 years agoby @felipe-11Flag

11. Youngrizo

@daveactor7 ....but ....but ...but they are pieces of metal :p well, I mean, big chunky ones that are alive but metal never the less lol

3 years agoby @youngrizoFlag

12. Daveactor7

Get someone else to direct it and make the robots not look like pieces of metal flying in the air

3 years agoby @daveactor7Flag

13. thrashnasty190

Well there goes my dream of an actual director doing this, sigh.... BAYSPLOSIONSS!!!

3 years agoby @thrashnasty190Flag

14. ROFLitschristian

@youngrizo Haha, this is why I love Movieweb. No one I know ever agrees with me on anything.

3 years agoby @ROFLitschristianFlag

15. Youngrizo

@ROFLitschristian - Very well said. Very Objective. I wish other fans were as objective as you and I. The argument that the cartoon was so much more amazing or that the plots were so enthralling always makes me chuckle. I guess Nostalgia really blinds some people.

3 years agoby @youngrizoFlag

16. ROFLitschristian

Yeah, I gave this a thumbs up. The cartoon isn't as great as we all remember it. In this day and age, all I want to see is giant robots beat the sh*t out of each other.

3 years agoby @ROFLitschristianFlag

17. TheDude1

@brady1138 That may be the most moronic thing I have ever heard. You dislike people who like big time action blockbusters because they aren't Oscar worthy? That is absurd and you know it.

3 years agoby @thedude1Flag

18. m2

No thank you.

3 years agoby @m2Flag

19. K.Guy

Okay, fine you desperate people, I'll look forward to a TF4. WITH Bay

3 years agoby @kguyFlag

20. MovieManiac

@felipe-11 - I actually enjoyed Bays films quite a bit from a "stupid brainless popcorn pick" stand point but with all of the mythologoy and all of the stories that have already been made, Transformers has the potential to be A LOT more than just a stupid popcorn flick series which is why I hope that they just scrap the idea for a fourth film and bring on a director and writing team who might actually respect the source material more then Bay did and give the fans a true Transformers film.

3 years agoby @moviemaniac66Flag

21. Replicant

@brady1138@moviemaniac66 You're both right. I still want Transformers, just not Bay's version (and this coming from a guy who's seen them all, twice, unfortunately).

Just reboot this in a few years with a GOOD director, Niel Blomkamp maybe? I don't know, someone who won't fill up 2/3 of the movie with an idiotic "plot" and mother-son sex jokes.

Seriously, Michael Bay should've sticked to things like The Rock, which was his only almost-flawless movie.

3 years agoby @felipe-11Flag

22. MovieManiac

Three movies is enough. Why not just reboot it in like 10 years and make a new series which has no ties with Bay's trilogy.

3 years agoby @moviemaniac66Flag

After watching how well they did the final episodes of Transformers Prime, they can make a fourth without humans

24. Rudy

Oujia sounds dumb. The original Clue movie with Tim Curry and Christopher Lloyd was good. Candy Land sounds dumb.

3 years agoby @rudyFlag

25. the MovieGhost

Of course.

3 years agoby @the-movieghostFlag

26. LuxoIII

OH MY GOODNESS I AM SOOOOO SICK OF THESE!!!!! Thank you American common man, whos IQ has seems to have made a plunge below that of a brick, for making one of the most incredibly idiotic action film series a huge success. Thanks to you, I and millions other self-respectful film goers have to put up with yet another exercise in mental torture! At the very least, give us the satisfaction of not allowing Michael Bay to approach this film series ever again, whos childlike sense of crude ADHD "humor" and action continues to soil what could have otherwise been an enjoyable action series with a fun concept. Pass.

3 years agoby @brady1138Flag

27. Sean

Bring on Transformers 4 !

3 years agoby @themoviefanaticFlag