'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows' Movie Split Revealed!

New information uncovers where the first film ends in relation to the book.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows film split revealed
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows film split revealed
We've known for quite some time that Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows was splitting into two films, with Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I hitting theaters November 19 and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II arriving July 15, 2011. Hollywood News is reporting that the upcoming Entertainment Weekly issue will reveal the point where both films will be split. You should be warned that there are SPOILERS below, so read forth at your own risk.

Here's an excerpt from the site's article which reveals the exact point where Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ends.

"Part I, by the way, will end at about Chapter 24 of the book, with Voldemort gaining possession of the Elder Wand, one of the three Deathly Hallows that allow the bearer to conquer death."

The Hollywood News also mentions that the split point comes much later than fans were expecting and the split point, "seems to indicate that Part 2 will consist almost entirely of the climatic Battle of Hogwarts," according to the site.

We'll be sure to keep you posted with any further information on Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II as soon as we have more information.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1 was released November 19th, 2010 and stars Bill Nighy, Emma Watson, Richard Griffiths, Harry Melling, Daniel Radcliffe, Julie Walters, Bonnie Wright, Rupert Grint. The film is directed by David Yates.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 was released July 15th, 2011 and stars Ralph Fiennes, Michael Gambon, Alan Rickman, Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, Emma Watson, Evanna Lynch, Domhnall Gleeson. The film is directed by David Yates.

Sources: Hollywood News

1. Emmytt

cool cant wait for this movie

4 years agoby @emmyttFlag

2. slysnide

Wonder how long Part 2 will be then? Since this is the case, Part 2 could be the ridiculous effects extravaganza which can make this second worst in the franchise. The climax really doesn't need to be milked on that long.

4 years agoby @slysnideFlag

3. T. King (Red Camera Man)

The book came out somewhere back in July 2007. I've read all the books and I've seen all the movies too, but it's been a long time since I've read the last one and I don't remember what happened much either. I still can't wait for this movie though. It looks EPIC!

4 years agoby @redcameramanFlag

4. SCREENWRITER

I loved the book....but sadly, can only remember very little. Like, how it ended and the premise. I mean, how long ago did the book come out? Cause' I can't remember.

4 years agoby @the-screenwriterFlag

5. ridgl

Thanks @Drifter49, I thought it was pretty good too.

4 years agoby @ridglFlag

6. Goodbye

@rigdl:That would have been the perfect place to split it.Not when old snakeface gets the wand.

4 years agoby @drifter49Flag

7. Spongebob_Boxofficepants

i predicted that in 2012 they will re-release the film and mix them together in a 3:30 to 4-hour film!

4 years agoby @spongebob-boxofficepantsFlag

8. Daveactor7

@Tyranus thats not dramatic enough. Dobby dying wont give a boost. Many other important people died before him. Voldemort gaining the wand is an excellent place to end part 1

4 years agoby @daveactor7Flag

9. DoubleR0522

Great News !!!!, Can't Wait 2 C Part 1

4 years agoby @doubler0522Flag

10. Diaigma

Nice. I called this split months ago. Maybe they're listening? :P

4 years agoby @diaigmaFlag

11. moviegeek

Inception was practically all the climactic dream sequence fight scenes. I think the Harry Potter movies can do the same with part 2.

4 years agoby @moviegeekFlag

12. larmindy

this is perfect. the battle at Hogwarts is most certainly a film in it's own right. Great news, just what I was hoping for.

4 years agoby @larmindyFlag

13. Tyranus

what a stupid place to split it, they should split it at the shell cottage part when Harry buries Dobby, that's sort of the middle of the book and it's the thing that gives Harry the extra kick to get a move on and finish his quest. Not that I have a problem with the battle (it looks awesome) but at this rate the whole second part will be the battle, which just means we have to wait an extra 6 months just to see the battle

4 years agoby @tyranusFlag

14. edboy4926

I guess that is a good ending for the first part, ending just in the part where in the trailer he shoots the beam of light into the sky and then going to a black screen.

4 years agoby @edboy49Flag

15. ridgl

Not how I would have ended it but ok.
    SPOILERS
    I would have ended it with Ron running out on Harry and Hermione in the tent. Hermione would have chased after him but stopped just outside the tent. As it pours, she weeps. Harry, fuming, stays in the tent and Hermione calls out to Ron but stops, the tears indistinguishable from the rain. Then the camera would pull back and back and back showing the tent as just a speck of light amongst the dark trees. Farther and farther until its just a prick of light and then the camera would go through the O in "To Be Continued"

4 years agoby @ridglFlag