Harrison Ford Remains Optimistic About Making 'Indiana Jones 5'

The actor feels it's perfectly appropriate for the much older character to return in a sequel without as much action.
Harrison Ford reveals he's interested in coming back for Indiana Jones 5
Harrison Ford reveals he's interested in coming back for Indiana Jones 5
We haven't heard anything about Indiana Jones 5 in a year and a half, when George Lucas revealed that he was stumped on creating the story.

While it isn't clear if this sequel will ever see the light of day, franchise star Harrison Ford revealed that he is still interested in coming back as Indy, even at 71 years of age.

"We've seen the character develop and grow over a period of time and it's perfectly appropriate and okay for him to come back again with a great movie around him where he doesn't necessarily have to kick as much ass. To me, what was interesting about the character was that he prevailed, that he had courage, that he had wit, that he had intelligence, that he was frightened and that he still managed to survive. That I can do."

It's worth noting that, after George Lucas sold his LucasFilm empire to Disney for $4 billion, he has retired from making big-budget movies. It isn't known if the Disney-controlled LucasFilm has plans on bringing back Indiana Jones for one more adventure or not. What also isn't clear is just how old Harrison Ford will be when, and if, he actually returns. The actor could be donning the infamous hat and bullwhip anywhere between 75 and 85 years of age.

Do you want to see an Indiana Jones that old? Or should he retire?

Indiana Jones 5 is in development .

Sources: The Telegraph

1. Sean

@redcameraman True, But hopefully it won't turn out to be another 'Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull' type of movie.

8 months agoby @themoviefanaticFlag

2. T. King (Red Camera Man)

I always feel good with either 3 to 5 movies in a series, so yeah, I do think Harrison Ford should make a 5th film and truly be the LAST of it.

8 months agoby @redcameramanFlag

3. Hideki Ryuga

I'd like to see the I.J adventures continued but Harrison instructing Shia from the shadows after faking his death and Shia using his name. I think that would be interesting

8 months agoby @h-ryugaFlag

4. SpockDS9

Harrison Ford has the right idea but please make it before he is his 80s please

8 months agoby @SpockDS9Flag

5. CUPID

Please dont.

8 months agoby @cupidFlag

6. renodc

I would like to see it without any Lucas involvement.

8 months agoby @renodcFlag

7. CelluloidDreams

Let it go!!

8 months agoby @2movieguysFlag

Im not quite so optimistic as Ford is apparently.

8 months agoby @skywiseFlag

9. ridgl

I'd be down.

8 months agoby @ridglFlag

10. Xenon

@felipe-11 have you seen the first film, the Nazi were after the Ark. Spirits came at the end and no zombies. I agree with the second one, third not so because there isn't any ghosts in it. Just a really old Templar that guarded the Cup.

The fourth film has aliens from another earth, Shia swinging from tree to tree, Indy surviving in a fridge which was over the top. Telephony, dead rising - zombies that blew darts.

As of my belief in other life in the universe, yes we are not alone.

8 months agoby @xenon56Flag

11. Gandoff

Make it... or just walk away. I don't care either way. Indy 4 ended like a set up for Shia to take over and become a modern Indy doing things in the 60's and 70's with Russia playing the Nazi role. But who knows. Myself, Indy 4 was good. Two things was what was a issue for it considering the franchises past. 1, Aliens; which was not really a super natural approach, and 2, the feeling much was done via a sound stage. Yes MANY scenes was on a sound stage for the other Indy movies. But some on Indy 4, to me, was very noticeable sound stage work. Like the night shots at the grave yard and the jungle drive sequence. While scenes in other Indy films, like the Temple of Doom set, looked as if it was a real location. But lets ALL take a second and think how much Aliens was considered a WAY out there topic, but not The Arc holding the commandments, or a man pulling out a still beating heart, nor the holy grail.

8 months agoby @gandoffFlag

12. Replicant

@xenon56 Little bits? The first one had evil spirit zombies, the second had people that were still alive without their hearts in their bodies, and the third one had ghosts and magic Jesus cups.

Are you really blind enough to think that we're the only intelligent beings in THE WHOLE F*CKING UNIVERSE, that the fact that there are extraterrestrials in an Indy movie makes you think it's more "supernatural" than the previous stories?

@monkeyiron2-0 No, it's not that bad. A lot of people just hated it because they couldn't bear to see Harrison Ford has aged and that aliens are too "unreal" to ever put in movies unless they're destroying cities. I actually think Temple of Doom is the worst in the series (although it's not bad).

8 months agoby @felipe-11Flag

13. Mka47

Indiana Jones 5: Escape From The Retirement Home of Doom

8 months agoby @mka47Flag

14. ed_wood

It's time to let Indy go.

8 months agoby @ed-woodFlag

15. TheDude1

Slyvester Stallone just broke news on his twitter that Bruce Willis is out of Expendables 3 and Harrison Ford in is.

8 months agoby @thedude1Flag

16. Xenon

@monkeyiron2-0 the first three had little bits of supernatural elements, fourth film had too much of it. Still enjoyed it for whats its worth.

8 months agoby @xenon56Flag

17. Sean

@monkeyiron2-0 Yes, It definitely was that bad. The first three Indiana Jones movies were a whole lot better then the fourth Indiana Jones movie.

8 months agoby @themoviefanaticFlag

18. Craig Bosko

I would like to see them make up for the last one. I hate that my favorite trilogy growing up ended poorly. It deserves a better send-off.

8 months agoby @craig-boskoFlag

19. Ghostman

@monkeyiron2-0 It wasn't "that bad." It was entertaining, just wasn't the best in the franchise. Still a fun movie to watch that I enjoy.

8 months agoby @ghostmanFlag

20. The Real Goku

Harrison.... Let it go... Harrison.... It's over

8 months agoby @therealGokuFlag

21. OhhmeohhMy

Yes well I'm kinda interested to see it. Then I'm not. It's just he his getting so old. I remember watching the old ones as a kid. I guess I can't imagine him jumping around wonder where his cane is. Or wonder where his glasses are so he could see somthing coming that could sever his head lololol. Lataa ha.

8 months agoby @OhhmeohhMyFlag

22. Sean

If they ever do make an Indiana Jones 5 with Harrison Ford returning. I really really hope it does not turn out to be another 'Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull' type of movie!

8 months agoby @themoviefanaticFlag

23. The_Crow2k

They should hurry up if they want to make another indy film and redeem themselves after some didn't find the 4th chapter worthy as the older films in the series.

8 months agoby @the-crow2kFlag