'Green Lantern' Photo Featuring Ryan Reynolds and Peter Sarsgaard

Hal Jordon and Hector Hammond have a meeting of the minds in Martin Campbell's upcoming DC Comics adventure.
The cavalcade of superhero madness continues with an all new pic from director Martin Campbell's upcoming DC Comics adaptation Green Lantern. It is the first effort Warner Bros. has put into pushing the film since Blake Lively's publicist came out last week calling the film a disastrous mess.

While none of that has been confirmed, and won't be until the movie's actual release (a similar thing happened with The Green Hornet, and it actually proved to be a critical success), the look of the upcoming cosmic adventure continues to impress. Here we see Ryan Reynolds as Hal Jordon and Peter Sarsgaard as Hector Hammond having a meeting of the minds, while Tim Robbins's Senator Hammond looks on in the background. Check out this new pic below:

Peter Sarsgaard as Hector Hammond and Ryan Reynolds as Hal Jordan

Green Lantern was released June 17th, 2011 and stars Ryan Reynolds, Blake Lively, Peter Sarsgaard, Mark Strong, Temuera Morrison, Jenna Craig, Jon Tenney, Mike Doyle. The film is directed by Martin Campbell.

Sources: Cinema Teaser

1. ElMasChingon

@renodc, clash of the titans was pretty much that, had a good trailer and well... we all know what happened..........

4 years agoby @elmaschingonFlag

2. ZanyZap

Sarsgaard loves those creepy supporting roles, and for good reason too; he always nails them.

4 years agoby @zanyzapFlag

3. Isaac Phillips

Why does Peter Sarsgaard look like Gallagher?

4 years agoby @isaac-phillipsFlag

4. renodc

My rule of thumb is to never judge a movie by it's trailer, especially it's first trailer. I've seen plenty of movies with average trailers turn out to be really good films, and I've seen movies with awesome trailers only to be completely disappointed by the finished product. I just don't see how anyone can make a final determination on this film off 2 and half minutes of footage.

4 years agoby @renodcFlag

5. T.Clark

MINDBLOWING

4 years agoby @insertusernamehereFlag

6. IlikePie202

I think I'm the only one who thinks this movie looks awful from the trailer. I'm still highly anticipating this. I mean, it's the f*cking Green Lantern!

But, almost every aspect in the trailer seems weak. The acting looks terrible. Also, they add horrible jokes, along with laughable dialogue. It looks like a fun movie, but again. Visually, this movie looks laughable. All of the effects are cheap, and cartoonish as hell. I honestly think this movie will be a flop, but I will still go see it.

4 years agoby @Ilikepie202Flag

7. ed_wood

I'm happy with everything they've shown so far. My expectations are pretty high.

4 years agoby @ed-woodFlag

8. K-Man

I dont know whether this film is going to be a success or a complete and utter failure (I'm leaning toward the latter after watching the first trailer and now with Blake Lively's publicist shooting his mouth off) but I'm shocked that, of all the comic books films, the one directed by Martin Campbell is the one that looks like sh*t!
    Again, I dont know how it will turn out, but I can pretty much guarantee it's not what I expected/hoped it to be, which was a comic book film that takes itself seriously. Martin Campbell is a great director, so I expected more out of him. Its a shame they decided to go the "comedic" route with Hal's character.........Ryan Reynolds is better than that, just look at Buried or Amityville horror, he is a great serious actor when he actually attempts to be.

All well, all we can do now is hope for the best. I'll still see it.

4 years agoby @k-manFlag

9. Rufio

a few things:
    1. green lantern being compared to the mess that is the Green Hornet is a bad idea. WHO declares the GH to be a critical success?? it is getting smashed by fans and critics!
    2. " the look of the upcoming cosmic adventure continues to impress" - says who? personally i have been nothing short of disappointed with this film thus far. the trailer, in particular, looked especially UNimpressive. so much so that right now i have ZERO interest in seeing this on anything but maybe a redbox rental.
    3. how would a pic of these two people standing still redeem bad press from one of its actors (or their representation, to be correct)?

4 years agoby @rufioFlag

10. Daveactor7

um looks like a red carpet photo from the premiere. lol

4 years agoby @daveactor7Flag