Gore Verbinski to Direct 'Clue'

The film will be based off the popular board game.
A popular board game will get a brand new feature film. According to Variety, Gore Verbinski will direct a new film version of the board game Clue.

The film will be a live-action murder-mystery based off the Hasbro board game, like the first Clue film made in 1985, but details weren't released on this new film version. The board game has users trying to solve the murder of Mr. Boddy, which was carried out by one of the game's characters: Professor Plum, Ms. White, Col. Mustard, Miss Peacock, Mr. Green or Ms. Scarlet.

It isn't clear who is writing the adaptation as of yet and no production schedule was announced for the new film.

Sources: Variety

1. -comrade-

I think any and all board game movies work best as comedies. Take for instance...oh yeah, CLUE!

5 years agoby @taberjohnson18Flag

2. T.Clark

Mega Morph?...sounds like a Power Rangers rip-off lol

5 years agoby @insertusernamehereFlag

3. Chad Vital

I'd rather see another Pirates movie than the other two films he is doing Clue and that Mega Morph one. Both are stupid sounding.

5 years agoby @chad-vitalFlag

4. Shelley

Ridley Scott is attached the film, but nothing definite yet. The last time he was asked about it in November 2008 he said that it is many years in the future.

5 years agoby @shelleyFlag

5. T.Clark

Actually black rain, Monopoly is being made...isn't Ridley Scott directing?

5 years agoby @insertusernamehereFlag

6. KirkEpsilon

I've been waiting for this movie for years. Not that I didn't love the first one and all it's old school comedy but this movie was always held in my mind as a dark suspenseful movie waiting to happen. That's exactly what I want from it dark and killer. Hope Gore picks an awesome cast. Forget Pirates 4! The first one was the only one worth watching if another gets made it'll just be redundant. Professor Plum was always my favorite character (played originally by the great Christopher Lloyd) and should be played by one of todays best!

5 years agoby @kirkepsilonFlag

7. Black Rain

What's sad, besides the tons of remakes and re-do's, is that writers and directors are looking at board games and thinking of storylines and plots.

I'll give up when I hear about a Monolpoly film being made.

5 years agoby @black-rainFlag

8. J.A.Ottley.Writer / Director

I don't see Bioshock being a priority to Gore at the moment, it's like he doesn't even car eabout the project, or his keeping hmself busy as long as possible to post pone it or possibly work to make it better.
    So far is this on the schedule of Gore Verbinski.

Clue

Mega Morph (about a guy that plays comps too much but doesn't realise he is a character in a MMO), something like that.

Pirates Of The Carribbean 4: Fountain Of Youth.

Now what i want to bloody know is where the f*ck does Bioshock fit into this f*cking equation.
    Unless Bioshock & Pirates 4 are both gonna come out in 2011 by the same director i'll be astonished.

Actually if any board game could go well as a movie adaptation i'd go with Monopoly. Despite when i first heard it thought it was pretty dumb, but upon critical thinkiung upon the idea and concept that eveolves around the game.
    It could makes a pretty good comedy with a little business like inusion to it, but it would need a all good round comical director (NOT RIDLEY SCOTT) and a very good comedian like cast.

I created my own treatment and working on a story at the moment, gonna try and get it to Judd Apatow, if i'm lucky.

5 years agoby @chronicFlag

9. Solar XI

The first to "Pirates" movies were good. The third could've been better. The Ring was straight sh*t (Simply the PLOT). I like Clue but I will probably get a bootleg copy.

5 years agoby @solarxiFlag

10. CelluloidDreams

Awwwwwwwwww Christ ...another film from my childhood killled!!!!

Gore Verbinski can't direct sh*t....Hell, "The Mexican" he directed back in 2001 was crap...Not even Brad Pitt, Julia Roberts, James Gandolfini could save theat film!!!

A waste of MONEY!!

5 years agoby @2movieguysFlag

11. Mr.Rated-R

umm depending on who is gona act in this movie, it sounds soooo gay

5 years agoby @residentevilfanFlag

12. FatWeasel

Hmm..

5 years agoby @fatweaselFlag

13. CB Junior

i trust Gore verbinski to do anything

5 years agoby @cbjuniorFlag

14. Err

yeah, depending on the cast though, i can see this idea turning to sh*t real quick.

5 years agoby @err2005Flag

15. Diaigma

That actually makes sense, err. A Hollywood mansion clue movie. I could go for that, I guess.

5 years agoby @diaigmaFlag

16. Err

here's the story, its from last august i think:

5 years agoby @err2005Flag

17. Err

i saw something on the news not too long ago about a re-vamped clue boardgame, it will probably be based on that.
    i don't remember what the differences were from the old one but it was supposed to be more modern, i guess.

5 years agoby @err2005Flag

18. -comrade-

It will probably be a big f*cking melodramatic adventure blowout, with too many special effects or overburdened characterizations and too little plot.

I really wished he would do BioShock instead of something that's already been done, and done well.

5 years agoby @taberjohnson18Flag

19. FilmStudentZero

So...is this a remake of the 1985 or a brand new film based on the game? I'm hoping it's not a remake. The original is too good to be remade.

5 years agoby @filmstudentzeroFlag

20. Comrade

I think they are trying to make a Candyland and Monopoly movies. Guess Who? was my favorite board game, i wonder how a movie of that would be like.

5 years agoby @august22Flag

21. Diaigma

There is already one Clue movie. If they want to make a movie on another board game, they should try Monopoly, Candyland, Risk, even Mousetrap! Not another Clue.

5 years agoby @diaigmaFlag

22. Err

this could, i guess, work.
    i don't see the point, clue isn't even a popular game anymore, but whatever.

5 years agoby @err2005Flag

23. Chad Vital

lol so is BioShock not going anywhere or is this film is going forward? Can we all say WTF?!

5 years agoby @chad-vitalFlag

24. T.Clark

That's it, I'm writing my BioShock prequel...Verbinski needs to get a clue

5 years agoby @insertusernamehereFlag

25. Comrade

Wow, the first board game remake ever. I loved the original with the guy from IT.

5 years agoby @august22Flag

26. Shelley

I am of the same opinion as so many others, I hope Verbinski is not spreading himself too thin and everything suffers because of it.

5 years agoby @shelleyFlag

27. Oli

Wtheck. Hopefully it's good lol.

5 years agoby @reviloleeFlag

28. ridgl

Tim Curry is god
    this is going to be one major uphill battle
    maybe they will make it a real drama

5 years agoby @ridglFlag

29. Cap25

why would you try to remake a classic like the first clue?

5 years agoby @cap25Flag

30. RocknRolla

I don't care as long as Bioshock comes first!!!

5 years agoby @rocknrollaFlag