Gillian Anderson Talks Third 'The X-Files' Movie

The actress would join David Duchovny for the third installment if Fox is interested.
Gillian Anderson wants to do third X Files film
Gillian Anderson wants to do third X Files film
Gillian Anderson talked with Movie Fix about the possibility of a third X-Files film, which has been rumored to be in development for almost a year. The third installment would join 1998's The X-Files movie and 2008's The X-Files: I Want to Believe. Here is what the actress had to say:

"We're hoping to [make a third film]. It's something that we've said from the beginning that we'd be interested in doing if it ever came up again. I know that there are some discussions about it. I have no idea at what stage, if there might be a script or how interested Fox is in doing it. I think we're all kind of hoping it's something that might take place. But they better hurry, because 2012 which is the perfect subject matter is coming up quickly. We'll see."

No production date has been set.

The X-Files 3 is in development and stars David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson.

Sources: Movie Fix

1. CBF

In full agreement with Gillian, and the last I heard, was that she, David, and Carter were on board. And that Fox is down to greenlight the project but first they need a script from Carter and Spotnitz. That was the last I heard. It's on Carter and Spotnitz. Hurry up!

3 years agoby @comicbookfanFlag

2. S Alexis de Varennes

@jasonkat Court stuff? I have all the seasons and I think only one case made it to court and that was Eugene Tooms. Maybe one more made it to court but it wasn't supernatural and I am 99% sure there wasn't even any such episode. You say you are the thriller type - X-files is as much it gets, yes it gets annoying in season six with the bureaucracy but in the end it builds up for a great show. I love how you'd like it to be CSI-Like while you don't like court stuff. "Enough the old man smoking" ???, he was a lot more than just an agent, he is Mulders real father and a person that deeply regrets and wishes he'd do something else than killing - as a matter of fact, comically he is a failed author - you should watch the show...its great and Newsflash - he died in the last season.

3 years agoby @S-Alexis-de-VarennesFlag

3. sylar

2012 ALIEN INVASION MOVIE

3 years agoby @sylarFlag

4. JasonKat

Personilly I am not much of an "xfiles" fan but rather a thriller type. When i would watch these shows it was like omg to much talking and court stuff here and there, it was like.. get to the point already, ya know? I would want these movies to really get to it and sho us sum real ufos aliens or w/e. like the 1st film had a great opening and then it died right after the building fell. it was gettin g good then became really slow, You would think, ok the fans already know the back stories we dont need to slow things down for them, lets bring wat they been waiting for. Thats how i would have wanted it. But alot of u r more into that whole csi thing when it comes to this movie.
    I hope part3 gets it right!,
    oh and another thing... enough of that old man smoking, psh

3 years agoby @jasonkatFlag

5. Messenger

@2movieguys
    Would you rather remember her for her role in the X-files or someone who tried desperately to save their film career by being in several bad movies?

3 years agoby @messengerFlag

6. Messenger

@dan1 LOL, I do to, perhaps I should have said "generally" in my last statement.

3 years agoby @messengerFlag

@messenger I disagree. I liked both the alien story arc, and the stand alones.

3 years agoby @dan1Flag

8. CelluloidDreams

Guess Gillian Anderson needs either:
    A) A Come-back..!
    B) A Paycheck

Haven't seen Gillian Anderson in any films in a couple of years!

3 years agoby @2movieguysFlag

9. Felipe Collazo

Make it! Just follow the mythology and give everyone the definitive ending we want to see! No "monster of the week" movie

3 years agoby @Felipe-CollazoFlag

10. Steven Cortez

I think a third movie would be better then the last. I still think their kid should have something to do with it maybe at the end. So, they can possible bring back the show with a younger cast and surrounding the agents kid and his quest in finding the truth about himself and his parents. I think that would be great for a movie and show.

3 years agoby @Steven-CortezFlag

11. Sexyman1

would love to see another movie, but it should be in continuity or in cannon with the show, not a stand alone movie.

3 years agoby @sexyman1Flag

12. Jay.A.Ottley

@bawnian-dexeus Agreed, I want to believe it was good but it was was meh

3 years agoby @jayaottleyFlag

13. Messenger

There are two types of X-file fans. The ones who like the alien story arc and the ones who like the stand a lone episodes. The two movies after the series were covering ground for both sides it felt like.

3 years agoby @messengerFlag

Second one was weird for me

15. Jay.A.Ottley

Ahhhhh man, this would be awesome but the finale needs to be more badass than ever

3 years agoby @jayaottleyFlag

You heard the lady, Fox. Get on the motherf*cker already.

3 years agoby @dan1Flag

17. Tha Phoenix

They're still trying?

*snigg*rs into Martini*

3 years agoby @thaphoenixFlag

18. Alessandro Russotti

sweet maybe it i'll be better than the last one

3 years agoby @Alessandro-RussottiFlag

19. Nautical

a little past our time. I say nay.

3 years agoby @nautical05Flag

20. JasonKat

YES !! fox hurry up damnit!. I wanna see her and mulder back on duty! b4 the end of the world!

3 years agoby @jasonkatFlag