'G.I. Joe: Rise of the Cobra' Sequel Already in Development

Studio Chairman Rob Moore confirms that a second film is already in the works.
G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra has earned more than $100 million worldwide, making it Paramount's third triumphant action film of the summer, coming in behind Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen and Star Trek. This already has the studio eyeing future installments for the lucrative Hasbro property.

According to The Los Angeles Times, Paramount's vice chairman Rob Moore confirmed earlier today that a sequel is set to go into development soon. The entire cast is contractually obligated to return for a second film. The film's director, Stephen Sommers, who was rumored to have been fired during the editing stages of the first installment, is not set to come back at this time.

Though it is being hurried into pre-production, Paramount has not set a start or release date for their proposed follow-up to G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra.

Sources: LA Times

1. Solar XI

I enjoyed it. I thought it was pretty cool going in. We all know the G.I. Joe story, so we went to see how it would look on film and what the special effects brought to the table. Everyone, I hope, will get more screen time; Channing Tatum's acting was rubbish. He just wasn't leader material and hopefully he bulks up and takes more acting lessons before this sequel starts filming.

Now apparently all the actors signed on for multiple films, I'm assuming Storm Shadow will return because Cobra needs him. Stephen Sommers was alright I guess, but I want the film to take a new direction into the actual war the two groups have. It would be freakin' awesome if Transformers and G.I. Joe did a crossover flick... off the subject. We all saw this coming. Nothing really happened, The Rise of Cobra was the introduction and now we need to get the juicy story.

Whoever is replacing Stephen Sommers, they better pull magic out their ass if they want to get a good film. John Singleton would be cool. Just my opinion.

4 years agoby @solarxiFlag

2. Scotty29OEFVet

I am anxiously awaiting a sequel because cmon guys, they left it wide open at the end. This Gordon Levitt Played a great Cobra Commander and I was very unimpressed with Tatums acting though at times he was very good. Better be a good one because it is very hard to follow a Great starter with an even Greater Sequel!!!

4 years agoby @scotty29oefvetFlag

3. -comrade-

Get ready to giggle.

5 years agoby @taberjohnson18Flag

4. ZanyZap

Friend from out of town called, said we're going, not an option, looks like I'm seeing it. See you in line, Chad. ;)

5 years agoby @zanyzapFlag

5. Gandoff

I went into the movie theater excited, but afraid. Afraid that those suits would take away from the movie to much, cousing my fears to include the entire movie content too. But I was not only relieved on how much the suits was actually in the movie, but completly blown away on how good it was. There was only three things to me that was off in the movie. One is that the how "Destro" was to obvisouse as the back stabber, despite the way it was filmed, and the GI-Joes should have known more sooner, like when the so called tracker was activated. Second was that Snake Eye's mask had lips. Not much, but still weird. Last was even though he did good, the actor who played Duke was a bit,,, off beat and weak in his acting. But all in all, a 8.8 out of 10 for a first viewing. As we all know, the more we watch it, the more we can see errors, and such, but first impreassions was great for me. Make the idea of a sequal very kool, but I hope they don't push it too fast, and it is done right...

5 years agoby @gandoffFlag

6. kingbrady

i agree with newkill lol, comrade good points and i loved the voice once he put on the newer mask, i felt like his presence as the CC was defined even more, and i had low expectations as well, and was relieved

5 years agoby @kingbradyFlag

7. Newkill3000

Sienna Miller with dark hair and a American accent is soooooooo f*cking hot.

5 years agoby @newkill200Flag

8. ed_wood

Very cool news, I liked the movie alot.

5 years agoby @ed-woodFlag

9. Chad Vital

Less of you to worry about when I'm in line at the theater lol

5 years agoby @chad-vitalFlag

10. -comrade-

If you didn't like it, that's fine. The film had a definite target audience, which I think it scores big points with. I laughed my ass off and had a great time. You have to remember: Movie based on Saturday Morning Cartoon based on toys. I think it was exactly what people should have expected. It succeeds in every way Transformers 2 failed.

SPOILERS
    The Baroness thing pissed me off too, but at least the nanomites are still in her. Double cross, headed our way.

I don't know why people are pissed about Cobra's mask. It isn't the shiny plate thing by any stretch, but Heavy duty wasn't wearing a f*cking vest the whole time either. The voice was actually really good too.

Before you f*cks jump all over me, I know it was a crap movie, but I was aware of that going in. If your low expectations are exceeded, I consider that a win. And this movie was full of win. Probably the best we could expect from Stephen Sommers anyway.

5 years agoby @taberjohnson18Flag

11. wangman4

Loved the first, cant wait for the second

5 years agoby @wangman4Flag

12. mikehd

this movie was horrible i definitely want be watching the 2nd one and i get to see for free because i work at a movie theatre but i'm happy to see the movie doing well because there's alot of you who do like it the fans of it is what's important

5 years agoby @mikehdFlag

13. MC Legendary

dear king brady.. he will fight storm shadow because COME ON u cannot just stab him and have him fall into arctic waters... i think he might find EXCALIBUR down there (lemme know if u get the reference)

5 years agoby @normanse7enFlag

14. MC Legendary

i have loved GI JOE since i was a lad. there were a few things that pissed me off like the baroness being good at the end and other minor bullsh*t.. but at least it wasn't as much of a sh*tfest as wolverine or harry potter was!!

5 years agoby @normanse7enFlag

15. kingbrady

Bruno is outright trash, but GI Joe wasnt great but it was a lot better to watch than Bruno....sequel already? thats not a surprise, the ending left so much left to say, i jus hope they over the back story, i liked that but dont need it again, focus on Cobra's mask change lol, but who the f*ck is Snake Eyes gonna fight against??

5 years agoby @kingbradyFlag

16. ZanyZap

Yes, Bruno, that tells you how low my expectations for G.I. Joe are...

5 years agoby @zanyzapFlag

17. Delgren

Wow, it's amazing how people will eat any garbage fed to them and call it t-bone steak, it's sad.

5 years agoby @delgrenFlag

18. Vamp

I smelled sequel at the end. lmfao. I can't wait for it, either.

5 years agoby @vampire2000Flag

Zany, I am with you on Funny People, District 9(hell yeah), but Bruno?!? Lol.

5 years agoby @narratorFlag

20. ZanyZap

I haven't seen the one playing in theaters, and I am not sure I intend to (Funny People, Bruno, and District 9 are ahead of it on my to-see-list).

5 years agoby @zanyzapFlag

21. LuthorX

imdb
    6.2/10

5 years agoby @luthorxFlag

22. Darkest Night

I hope Stephen Sommers comes back. That movie was amazing. They took an almost dead toy line and brought it back to life. If they bring back the same actors and producers I'm all in. All hail Snake Eyes!

5 years agoby @fallenheroFlag

23. Chad Vital

People are so negative lol. If there is a Hannah Montana movie topic I wouldn't go to it and type "f*ck Hannah Montana" cause that's just a waste of time and makes you look ignorant whether you like it or not.

5 years agoby @chad-vitalFlag