'Ghostbusters 3' to Feature Peter Venkman's Love Child?

It seems that Dana Barrett's son Oscar is actually Venkman's child, who will be one of the new Ghostbusters.
Ghostbusters 3 to feature a love child between Peter Venkman and Dana Barrett?
Ghostbusters 3 to feature a love child between Peter Venkman and Dana Barrett?
We haven't heard much about the highly-anticipated Ghostbusters 3 for quite some time, but now Bloody-Disgusting has uncovered some intriguing new information about the impending sequel. The site reports that Bill Murray's Peter Venkman was actually the father of Dana Barrett's (Sigourney Weaver) newborn son Oscar, who was introduced in Ghostbusters 2.

The site goes onto report that Oscar will be 21 years of age in this new film, and that he will be one of the younger crop of Ghostbusters that will take over the business from the original four characters, Venkman, Egon Spangler (Harold Ramis) Ray Stantz (Dan Aykroyd) and Winston Zeddmore (Ernie Hudson).

Bloody-Disgusting is also reporting that Rick Moranis is expected to come out of retirement to reprise his role of Louis Tully and that Sigourney Weaver is expected to return for Ghostbusters 3 as well. It was also reported that, "things are progressing nicely" on the sequel, although no production start date for the sci-fi comedy has been revealed.

We'll be sure to keep you posted with any further information on Ghostbusters 3 as soon as we have more information.

Ghostbusters comes to theaters in 2016.

1. MrP

How does that work. I thought he hadn't seen Sigs for five years until they meet up again in the second one? Jessie Eisenberg for Oscar.

4 years agoby @mrpFlag

2. WonderWomyn

My 10 year old recently asked me to rent Ghostbusters for him because he played the PS3 game. He loved it.

4 years agoby @wonderwomyn74Flag

3. Lethal2damax

@Skywise I dont even know what movies he has been in except city of embers because i saw a preview for that on HBO. I mean i Know everything he has been in up untill groundhog day. Oh wait he was in zombieland. But still Everything after groundhog day and up to Zombieland i never heard of it.

4 years agoby @lethal2damaxFlag

@ CelluloidDreams Murray has a pretty huge fan base. This has been consistant throughout his career. Even people who dont know what ghostbusters is (do they exist?) will see it just because he is in it.

4 years agoby @skywiseFlag

5. Xenon

Loved the first one, second not so much, for some reason I just want to see a new generation and not the old characters but I'll see this anyway.

4 years agoby @xenon56Flag

6. Fry_3000

be nice if they all return for this, could be fun.

4 years agoby @Fry-3000Flag

I care. Failed twice.

4 years agoby @dan1Flag

8. Diaigma

I care, @CelluloidDreams - you fail :P

4 years agoby @diaigmaFlag

9. CelluloidDreams

It's been to looooooooooooooong for anyone to really care!

4 years agoby @2movieguysFlag

10. CelluloidDreams

What ever!

4 years agoby @2movieguysFlag

11. Lethal2damax

FANBOYS UNITE! THE DEBATE BEGINS! WHO SHALL PLAY OSCAR!!!! FIGHT!!!!!

4 years agoby @lethal2damaxFlag

@ Loves2opine this article actually states that Bill Murray is going to be in this film and there are several articles recently with him actually talking about what led him to believe that making a 3rd movie would be a good idea. Even in the related stories above you can see clrealy that not only is Bill Murray talking about this movie but he is actually on board as a cast member. how big his role will be is yet to be seen as this is obviously a "hand-off" movie to a new set of trainee ghostbusters but i have to wonder...are you even reading these articles?

4 years agoby @skywiseFlag

13. Loves2opine

I wish I could get excited about this, but I just can't. Without Bill Murray being on board, this movie sounds just terrible to me. Like I said elsewhere, regardless as to who is brought on board to distract from BM's absence, the glaring point will be that Bill Murray (or "Peter Venkman") isn't there. To me, that whole idea sounds like about as much fun as paying to see a big, long fart. That doesn't sound like much fun to me, at all.

4 years agoby @loves2opineFlag

@Daveactor I am a star wars fan no doubt altho i do have issues with the writing and plot devices of the prequels. Spielberg did ok with what he was given to work with on Skull but the original script that he was nuts for was rejected by Lucas. Lucas may be a visionary creator of interesting properties but he is a crap scripter. Its one thing to think up cool ideas but quite another to actually write believable dialogue and characters. That is why i believe the originals to be superior because for the most part, Lucas only conjured the storylines while other scripters were brought in (and directors) to fill out that story. The same can not be said for the prequels.

4 years agoby @skywiseFlag

15. Fat_Jesus

If Bill Murray is spitting venom all over this movie, it's gonna be hard for me to gain interest.

4 years agoby @fat-jesusFlag

16. DoubleR0522

CAN WAIT, ITS ABOUT TIME I HEARD SOME NEWS ON GB3 !!!!

4 years agoby @doubler0522Flag

17. Daveactor7

@Skywise kingdom of the crystal skull was a decent indiana jones movie. I think spielberg and lucas did ok. Lucas created star wars are u nuts?

4 years agoby @daveactor7Flag

i love me some Murray! I am all for this and i do NOT expect any Kingdom of the Crystal Skull type debacle here. Well, of course not. Lucas is nowhere near this thing.....

4 years agoby @skywiseFlag

19. Diaigma

Or drenched in slime? Maybe she'll be the female equivalent of Murray, if she's a GB? : /

4 years agoby @diaigmaFlag

I suppose, if she's the comic relief I guess it could work. I'll be waiting for the ghosts to hurl objects at her and knock her down like in the Scary Movies though.

4 years agoby @dan1Flag

21. Diaigma

Which is good for a paranormal comedy, amiright? :P

4 years agoby @diaigmaFlag

What's wrong with Eliza Dushka? I think she's a decent actress. Anna Faris is a joke though.

4 years agoby @dan1Flag

23. CBF

This all sounds too good to be true. Sure I hope Oscar is a new Ghostbuster but Rick Moranis coming out of retirement just for GB3 and everyone else is returning? Annie Potts? Sigourney Weaver? Bill Murray??! Haha we will believe it when we see it. And are they serious - Anna Faris and Eliza Dushku? ...

4 years agoby @comicbookfanFlag

24. ed_wood

Damn I hope this happens.

4 years agoby @ed-woodFlag

25. Diaigma

Wow! @TheREALavatah - a chick Ghostbuster? About freak'en time! :P

4 years agoby @diaigmaFlag

26. Daveactor7

@TheREALavatah agreed with u on both comments u made lol

4 years agoby @daveactor7Flag

27. Superman81

Great News! I been waiting for a new GB movie since the 80's and I hope they get this done before the main 4 are in wheel chairs or need walkers. Good to see Rick Moranis got off his high horse and is gonna be in the movie as well.

4 years agoby @superman81Flag

I saw Eliza Dushku in those cast credits. She'll make a hot Ghostbuster if she's one.

4 years agoby @dan1Flag

The best part to me was hearing that Rick Moranis would come out of retirement for this. This is gonna be a bittersweet, but awesome hand off to a younger generation.

4 years agoby @dan1Flag

30. Diaigma

That is an excellent way to tie this film with the others. I didn't even think of that! :P

4 years agoby @diaigmaFlag