George Lucas Planning 'Indiana Jones 5'?

The producer claims he wants another film starring Shia.
Fox News recently caught up with George Lucas to discuss all things Indiana Jones related, including his plans for the future of the franchise.

"I haven't even told Steven or Harrison this," he said. "But I have an idea to make Shia [LeBeouf] the lead character next time and have Harrison [Ford] come back like Sean Connery did in the last movie. I can see it working out.

"And it's not like Harrison is even old. I mean, he's 65 and he did everything in this movie. The old chemistry is there, and it's not like he's an old man. He's incredibly agile; he looks even better than he did 20 years ago, if you ask me."

Click Here! for the entire interview.

Dont't forget to also check out: Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was released May 22nd, 2008 and stars Harrison Ford, Cate Blanchett, Karen Allen, Shia LaBeouf, Ray Winstone, John Hurt, Jim Broadbent, Igor Jijikine. The film is directed by Steven Spielberg.

Sources: Fox News

1. claing92

I agree he does not look as old as really is. Shia I think can handle the part, but at the same time I think Harrison should still remain the main character in the movie. But I think it is a 50/50 shot who ever takes the main part.

6 years agoby @claing92Flag

2. incmob

i agree sly, as my previous comment said as well, that if a film is to be spun off... then do it on the characters own merits, not follow in the footsteps of fords indiana, and have it exactly the same formula just with a different character... i am not buying it at all.

you could think of any iconic figure in history and that is what keeps them alive and in the conscience of america and the world for that matter is they keep growing and keep coming back to give us another adventure... whether people enjoy it or not.

as far as titling goes... i am not sure if they would go with "mutt williams and the fountain of youth"...lol... which btw love the title friend... i think they would make it more accessible with "indiana jones jr. and.... blah blah" so that the public is aware the type of film it would be. anyhow just a few more thoughts on the subject

6 years agoby @incmobFlag

3. slysnide

I agree. It's not nearly the same for the series. I mean think about it, instead of the title being, say for example: "Indiana Jones and the Fountain of Youth" it'd be "Mutt Jones and the Fountain of Youth." I mean, they obviously don't sound the same at all, and it'd be a flop. It's like trying to do the X-Men spin off with just Wolverine, but putting it under the X-Men banner. Same goes for "Halloween III." We know how much of a flop that was cuz it had the Halloween banner atop it.

This would've been a good idea 16yrs ago to release #4 had they not had their creative differences, despite that they went with the original idea in the first place. Then they could've done #5 with Indy for a '95 release, and rounded off the series elegantly. #4 is pretty much an advertisement for the trilogy, though is still a great addition to the IJ franchise.

6 years agoby @slysnideFlag

4. Saquin Turok 'X'

With Spielberg in there, I think IJ4 will be good. I mean , how many flops has Spielberg made? But talking about IJ5 without Ford as the lead character, forget it. If it's Lucas on his own, not sure he'll pull it off.

6 years agoby @teesterxFlag

5. cnote

I have a real bad feeling that IJ4 isn't going to be very good. It's the same feeling you got when we saw the new prequels and sequels for Star Wars. He tried so hard to make a film that had so much imagination, good actors and an awesome story. But in the end, it was nothing but updated sound, better CGI and horrible acting! Yea, he'll throw a couple of classic Indy lines but it wont have the same magic to it. I hope Im wrong though

6 years agoby @cnoteFlag

6. They call me ITCHY BALLS

He's also the creator of HOWARD THE DUCK.

6 years agoby @danbrchFlag

7. incmob

first off, two things we know... and i know i will hear the cries of blasphemy from this but... the reviews havent been decent to the new film... and secondly with american grafiti, and thx-1138 lucas was a filmaker, with star wars he got lucky, and the prequels just went to show that every great idea on paper can turn out to be poop on screen. THE SERIES IS INDIANA JONES AND THE.... not anything but. i would love to see the film series hit six, but even spielberg and ford, hated the crystal skull idea throughout past scripts and shia la beef, was a golden boy for spielbergs production of transformers.

He is a hot commotity right now, but i really dont want to see some knockoff continue... what does indiana do... give him the hat and whip at the end of part 4.

6 years agoby @incmobFlag

8. Shadow Of The Day

Awesome news.

6 years agoby @asifFlag

9. Heath_Ledger_is_gay

.......poop.

6 years agoby @zombiegenociderFlag

10. LinkinFanNum1

Lucas should wait until Indiana Jones 4 hits theaters and see what the response is before talking about a 5th.

6 years agoby @linkinfannum1Flag

11. Heath_Ledger_is_gay

I think an Indy 5 would be great! Shia's a good actor as well, but an Indy movie without Harrison as lead wouldn't be great at all!

6 years agoby @zombiegenociderFlag

12. Josebond007

I think they should wait for see how the character of Shia is recieved and also ow the movie is received but i think that and Indy 5 will be a great movie!

6 years agoby @josebond007Flag

13. white_shadow123

thank you dave, i think an indie 5 would be awesome only it would be better for indie for the lead character i mean without him being lead it wouldn't quite be indiana jones

6 years agoby @white-shadow123Flag

14. VooDoo77

It can't suck as bad as the young Indiana Jones series!

6 years agoby @deathstardestroyerFlag

15. VooDoo77

Awsome!Indy 5 Count in in for that!This is one of the best trilogy's of all time!Star Wars First than Indiana Jones!

6 years agoby @deathstardestroyerFlag

16. Dave

That's just an opinion, to me he's the most creative artist and director I've ever known but hey it's just an opinion.

6 years agoby @dookuFlag

17. Flrep07

you are very wrong dave. lucas joined the dark side and is now making retarded ideas. i mean seriously, what the hell is an indiana jones movie, starring Shia not Harrison?

6 years agoby @flrep07Flag

18. cnote

A creator that has lost his imagination and creativity in a Galaxy Far...Far Away!!!

6 years agoby @cnoteFlag

19. Dave

Damn you people just give Lucas a break ya, always complaining without knowing any sh*t! If there's one man who knows what he's doing with the Indy series it's Lucas, he's the creator after all!!!

6 years agoby @dookuFlag

20. cnote

OMFG!!!
    I can see Harrison limping away from restless natives now. And taking Gerotal breaks every shot!

6 years agoby @cnoteFlag

21. They call me ITCHY BALLS

George Lucas is a troll.

6 years agoby @danbrchFlag

22. funksk8er

Steven would never go for that....EVER! I hate Lucas

6 years agoby @funksk8erFlag

i agree. Please Mr. Lucas. Don't.

6 years agoby @narratorFlag

24. deeman138

I like Shia, but it won't be Indy without Ford in the main role.

6 years agoby @deeman138Flag

25. dolfinack

I will kill Lucas. Killllllll

6 years agoby @dolfinackFlag

26. KeFFO1

please dont lucas!

6 years agoby @keffo1Flag

27. LinkinFanNum1

WHAT? no no no,please no

I think its time for a petition if Lucas decides to go through with it.

6 years agoby @linkinfannum1Flag

28. AnnoyingFilmCritic

No Harrison Ford to play the titular character, then all you have is a residue.

6 years agoby @annoyingfilmcriticFlag

29. sirmetro

Must be a sick f*ckin joke.

6 years agoby @sirmetroFlag

30. Yahzee

OMG
    Somebody must stop this guy. I mean, I love what he created but now he's talking nonsense. Indiana Jones is the one and only and it will be very stupid to make him a secondary character. WTF. I want to see the next Indy as much as anyone but if things keep going in the direction Lucas is saying it will completely destroy a, so far, excellent franchise.

6 years agoby @yahzeeFlag