'Game of Thrones: The Complete Second Season' Blu-ray and DVD to Debut February 19th

Fans can relive all 10 episodes from the world of Westeros, along with hours of behind-the-scenes bonus features.
HBO Home Entertainment will debut Game of Thrones: The Complete Second Season on Blu-ray and DVD February 19, 2013. This gives those who missed this last season of Game of Thrones more than a month to get caught up before Season 3 debuts on HBO March 31, 2013. This set will include all 10 Season 2 episodes, plus hours of bonus footage that takes you deeper inside this magical world of Westeros. The Blu-ray, which also comes with HBO Select, will be priced at $79.98 SRP, and the DVD will cost $59.99 SRP. Take a look at the Blu-ray cover art, plus all of the special features details.

Game of Thrones: The Complete Second Season Blu-ray

Blu-ray with HBO Select - includes all DVD features plus:

• War of the Five Kings - Track the claims, strategies and key players involved in the battle for the Iron Throne with this interactive guide that follows the movements of various armies detailing their victories and defeats.
  • Histories & Lore - 19 animated histories detailing the mythology of Westeros and Essos as told from the varying perspectives of the characters themselves and featuring, in-part, illustrations from Game of Thrones storyboard artist Will Simpson.
  • In-Episode Guide - In-feature resource that provides background information about on-screen characters, locations and relevant histories.
  • Hidden Dragon Eggs - Find the hidden dragon eggs to uncover even more never-before-seen content.

DVD:

@ejk1 What? Oh. Hadn't noticed, since I wasn't tagged. Oh well.

1 year agoby @dan1Flag

@dan1 Some irrelevant sham is trying to get your attention, lol.

1 year agoby @ejk1Flag

3. Nicholaus XX

You're comparing Game of Thrones to The Lord of The Rings?

Lol.

1 year agoby @XxNickTheFilmCriticXxFlag

@bawnian-dexeus Exactly.

1 year agoby @dan1Flag

All good points. Hey, at least we have shows to distract us from reality for 2 hrs

1 year agoby @bawnian-dexeusFlag

@thehost91 Agreed. Though I will say it's pointless to compare the two shows. One is a contemporary drama, the other a fantasy drama, with very different storytelling practices. Breaking Bad relies on its characters to run through emotional gauntlets, and they do a very fine job of that (especially Cranston). Whereas with Game of Thrones, it's more about politics, and that's naturally less emotional. I will admit they tried to cram too much into season two, and a few characters didn't get the screen time they needed, but going forward, I think they realized they need to split the book material up into multiple seasons.

GoT has been more faithful than I could really ask for. For the budget they have to work with, we're getting near LOTR quality television.

1 year agoby @dan1Flag

7. Nicholaus XX

@thehost91 -- Both are very f*cked up shows; I'll give you that. But, I'll respectfully disagree with everything else. No, and I mean no one, on Game of Thrones would have a chance against Bryan Cranston. His performance in Breaking Bad is a f*cking outstanding. The performances in Game of Thrones are just "good".

The writing, and storytelling, aren't even close. Not to be disrespectful, but I find Game of Thrones to be more of a guilty pleasure than an award-worthy show. Great entertainment for a certain crowd, but nothing more. It holds a baring resemblance to "The Walking Dead", an "okay" show; with corny lines, and melodramatic performances. It's "The Walking Dead" of fantasy, dare I say.

There's nothing intelligent, subtle, or in brilliant about them. And neither of them will ever reach the brilliance of Breaking Bad. The "pink teddy bear" gimmick alone, shows that.

The cliches and convenience is what really gets me about "Game of Thrones". Sure, it has unpredictable deaths(?), but those are either poorly executed, or far and few. They stop being humans, and start becoming mere characters. And the heads; oh the decapitated heads, how they look so fake.

I think a couple of my other issues with the show are written on the page of it, on this website. But, after this rant, I doubt you'd want to read it.

Respect in-mind, you continue to watch and enjoy the show, at least you're getting something out of it.

1 year agoby @XxNickTheFilmCriticXxFlag

Excellent show. Will definitely be picking this up.

1 year agoby @dan1Flag

9. The Knight Has Risen

@XxNickTheFilmCriticXx You got me there. I f**king love Breaking Bad. But for me, personally, I think GOT is just as good a show in terms of writing, acting and storytelling. And featuring a lot of f**ked up material.

1 year agoby @thehost91Flag

10. Nicholaus XX

@thehost91 -- No, it's not that. If it's quality-ridden, I'll watch anything. Game of Thrones features some sort of quality, but it's so flawed that it just barely counts. It's decent, but it's far from one of the greatest shows of all-time. Try comparing it to Breaking Bad; a show that is superior in every way. It just doesn't hold up well.

1 year agoby @XxNickTheFilmCriticXxFlag

11. The Knight Has Risen

@XxNickTheFilmCriticXx Not into adult fantasy I suppose.

1 year agoby @thehost91Flag

12. Nicholaus XX

@thehost91 -- I've seen every single episode except the finale for season 2(can't find reliable source online). So, to answer your question; yes, and no.

1 year agoby @XxNickTheFilmCriticXxFlag

13. The Knight Has Risen

@XxNickTheFilmCriticXx Just to make sure, you have seen both seasons, correct?

1 year agoby @thehost91Flag

14. Nicholaus XX

@thehost91 -- Only to be postponed until next season, and the next. Which begs the question: Does the "winter" actually exist?

@ghostman -- Not necessarily. That wasn't my intention; I was just posting a bold statement that I stand 100% behind.

1 year agoby @XxNickTheFilmCriticXxFlag

Have to buy the first season first.

1 year agoby @ejk1Flag

16. Ghostman

@XxNickTheFilmCriticXx That arrogant sham strikes again :P lol You're really trying to make a name for yourself aren't you?

1 year agoby @ghostmanFlag

17. The Knight Has Risen

@XxNickTheFilmCriticXx Winter is coming for you, Nicholaus.

1 year agoby @thehost91Flag

18. Nicholaus XX

Ladies and gentlemen, you're looking at the most overrated show of all-time.

1 year agoby @XxNickTheFilmCriticXxFlag